Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjqusoldier View Post
    I'm surprised Melo still wants a buyout with Phil gone.. I would think him and Kp would have a fresh start together.
    The Knicks aren't any closer to winning today than they were yesterday.

I'm surprised Melo still wants a buyout with Phil gone.. I would think him and Kp would have a fresh start together.
    It's all hearsay - I'm willing to bet he'd stay one more season then opt out.

^True I think he'll end up staying. I really wish we picked up Dennis smith or Monk. Now we may not even see Frank against DSJr this Saturday with his knee injury. I just really hope Frank isn't a bust because that will set us back some more years and we're already way behind.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/kni...tenure-knicks/

Can't disagree with too much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/kni...tenure-knicks/

Can't disagree with too much of it.
    What do u think Phil's girlfriend Charly would say. I said it. Pride comes before the fall. His pride and ego is what got him canned.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I feel like Phil did so much damage to Melo's reputation they might want to just keep him and build around properly in his ladder years. He falls off the books in 2019, knicks should just begin drafting shapijg and molding his replacement. The rest of the group needs to bring in long athletic defensive minded first players to cover for him. Melo also need to move Melo to PF.
    Agreed. No buyout

^True I think he'll end up staying. I really wish we picked up Dennis smith or Monk. Now we may not even see Frank against DSJr this Saturday with his knee injury. I just really hope Frank isn't a bust because that will set us back some more years and we're already way behind.
    Pretty sure DSJ isn't even playing in the Orlando summer league.

Wait if melo is getting buyout wtf did Phil get fired for lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

TEAM TANK

Why would we buy out Melo just because he wants it? That's not how negotiation works.

We can either:

A) Buy him out and he agrees to forego the extra year on his contract. So we're only responsible for this year's salary. I.e., He foregoes his option for the buy out.

B) He agrees to a trade.

C) He plays out this year or either stays home and does nothing.

We have no reason to just buy him out.

We are not buying out Melo. I would trade him to Houston along with Joakim Noah for Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Trevor Ariza, but that will never happen so I'm pretty sure he is staying put.

D'antoni said he quit the Knicks job because of Melo, so how is Houston a possible destination for Melo?

Has anyone heard anything of actual substance regarding the Knicks and Masai?

I read some posts saying that the Knicks would trade a first rounder? When has an executive ever been traded for? Also, it just sounds like the stupidest thing that a team can ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything of actual substance regarding the Knicks and Masai?

I read some posts saying that the Knicks would trade a first rounder? When has an executive ever been traded for? Also, it just sounds like the stupidest thing that a team can ever do.
    Clippers gave up a 1st rounder for Doc a few years back, I think that's how the speculation began as Masai has a few years left on his contract.

Kristaps Sprewell

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Clippers gave up a 1st rounder for Doc a few years back, I think that's how the speculation began as Masai has a few years left on his contract.
    Even that was mind bogglingly stupid, but Doc was at least a coach and able to impact what happens on the floor directly.

The idea of trading a first for an executive just sounds so stupid I can't even wrap my head around it.

Cp3 got traded to the rockets