Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The team is listening to offers on nearly everyone, except Sano, Buxton, Kepler, Rosario, Berrios, and a couple of other guys.

Garcia to the Yankees for a couple of pitching prospects. Basically, the team traded Huascar Ynoa and some cash for 3 players -- C Anthony Recker, lefty starter Dietrich Enns and righty starter Zack Littell.

'some cash' might be 4mil, but it's not my money so whatever
    Recker may/may not remain and was in the deal basically to take Murphy's slot in AAA

That said, Littell himself appears a stronger prospect than Ynoa....hard thrower I think given his 8k/9 rate this season
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I agree. Enns is likely going to be a journeyman at best. Recker was taken off the 40-man roster and Littell looks pretty good to me. Not a bad return for Ynoa.

Brandon Kinzler to the Nationals for Tyler Watson, a 20 year old lefty that Baseball America ranked at the Nats' #27 prospect going into this year. He is 6'5", 200# and is currently in Class A. He is a couple of years away from being a major leaguer, but at least the team got something for Kinzler.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree. Enns is likely going to be a journeyman at best. Recker was taken off the 40-man roster and Littell looks pretty good to me. Not a bad return for Ynoa.
    I have issues with Littell's stuff and the talent is about the same as Ynoa. So we pretty much got the same level of talent but littell is closer to the majors.

Watson goes from being the Nats' #27 to being the Twins' #18, which tells you something about our farm system....tho #18 slots him higher than Hildenberger and he may be part of our new closer by committee approach I'm expecting for the time being (is Perkins actually going to pitch again? or just go on rehab assignments)

Accumulating arms they believe in....hoping our new FO guys know their stuff

Think Colon gets another start? I'm thinking long man....give Gonsalves at least a look
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Needs to work on striking out more batters and giving up less walks K% for Watson is 25.0% and BB% is 6.1%.

Colon has given the Twins some good innings, surprisingly enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12