Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. The liberals are pissed that they lost. Are you denying that?

If I see one more Democrat post a denial that it doesn't exist, I will seriously doubt that poster can tie his shoes, let alone talk at the same time.
    You're damn right that I'm pissed. I can't speak for everyone but of course I'm pissed that Trump won. He has zero business being president and has proved his lack of experience time and time again. My choice has and still would have been John Kasich. He is a grown up with whom I share fundamental disagreements. But my judgment criteria is the grown up first then the politics. I haven't really seen any races in recent years where the fact that they acted like a grown up was something I couldn't take for granted. Obama vs McCain was the first presidential election of my adult life and John McCain earned my respect when he took the mic away from the lady saying that Obama was a Muslim. He told her that she was wrong and that Obama was a good family man. That was what I want from candidates on both sides. I doubt he lost her vote since she felt so strongly against Obama but there is a real risk in muting your base by doing something like that and saying "no you are wrong" on that. He took it and maybe it even bit him in the ***. Romney, while he didn't have a moment that was that stark, he proved that he was mature enough to have a reasoned discussion and understood that the other side wasn't just filthy mongrels who brought nothing to the discourse. Despite incidents where people came at him with some venom, he didn't call the Senate Majority leader (who made some pretty specific and venomous attacks) Cryin' Chuck (I know that Harry Reid was SML at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I doubt it.

Besides, does anyone want Pence?
    Boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I doubt it.

Besides, does anyone want Pence?
    No one that lives in Indiana to be sure.

Pence was not a very good governor in his time here. JMO, but having Pence take over is the biggest thing that Trump has working for him.

FWIW, I think you will find that most Democrats are not really interested in impeachment. Their view seems to be that Trump is/will be an anchor in the individual House and Senate races and letting Trump be Trump is the best thing the Democrats have going for them.

If Trump gets impeached, it will be a political calculation by the GOP leadership in the House and Senate. That the political cost of having Trump in office out way the political cost of the impeachment/trial. It seems that, right now, that leadership has decided that having Trump in office leaves them in charge of the government. And they feel that Trump will sign whatever legislation they come up with. And that they can safely ignore Trump and his people.

Yep. He will pass their "legislative" bills, as if there is some other type without reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep. He will pass their "legislative" bills, as if there is some other type without reading them.
    Well, since he communicates with Paul Ryan multiple times per day 24/7/365, his agreement is pretty much guaranteed by the time the bill is drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You're damn right that I'm pissed. I can't speak for everyone but of course I'm pissed that Trump won. He has zero business being president and has proved his lack of experience time and time again. My choice has and still would have been John Kasich. He is a grown up with whom I share fundamental disagreements. But my judgment criteria is the grown up first then the politics. I haven't really seen any races in recent years where the fact that they acted like a grown up was something I couldn't take for granted. Obama vs McCain was the first presidential election of my adult life and John McCain earned my respect when he took the mic away from the lady saying that Obama was a Muslim. He told her that she was wrong and that Obama was a good family man. That was what I want from candidates on both sides. I doubt he lost her vote since she felt so strongly against Obama but there is a real risk in muting your base by doing something like that and saying "no you are wrong" on that. He took it and maybe it even bit him in the ***. Romney, while he didn't have a moment that was that stark, he proved that he was mature enough to have a reasoned discussion and understood that the other side wasn't just filthy mongrels who brought nothing to the discourse. Despite incidents where people came at him with some venom, he didn't call the Senate Majority leader (who made some pretty specific and venomous attacks) Cryin' Chuck (I know that Harry Reid was SML at the time).
    Agree, especially about Mc Cain. I hate his policies, especially with black issues, but the guy got mucho respect from me.

I remember he went into Ohio, a state ruin by outsourcing, and told them that those good paying jobs will never come back. Now, some people believe that Trump will bring them back. sad how far we have sunk to win a election.

One of the first republicans to see the Russian interference as a national threat not a political issue.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Well, since he communicates with Paul Ryan multiple times per day 24/7/365, his agreement is pretty much guaranteed by the time the bill is drafted.
    I don't believe that's true. If Trump isn't telling, then Trump isn't listening.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345