Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: David Robinson vs Tim Duncan, who was better?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Robinson

9 39.13%
  • Tim Duncan

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post
    Duncan..This isn't even close..Robinson is one of the most overrated players of all time..
    Lol..If I ever need a laugh, I know I can always come to this thread and look for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

Lightbulb David Robinson was better!!!

Most of you that think that Tim Duncan was/is better than David Robinson are living in the “now” moment. Have you guys seen David Robinson play?? He was a lot stronger, quicker, and more athletic than Tim Duncan. David Robinson played in the era of the “Center”. Ewing, Shaq (prime), Hakeem the dream, alonzo Morning, ect. The Centers were so much better at rebounding and defense then the centers today or even since 2000. Even an overweight Shaq still does Tim Duncan in whenever they play. Even when the great centers were past their prime, Duncan was playing forward at 7’0. If that’s not enough, Look at the stats!! Robinson didn’t get into the league until he was 24 in 1989, even though he was drafted in 1987… he had to sit out for 2 years so he could fulfill his military obligation… imagine the numbers he would of put up if he didn’t have to sit out!! Go on youtube or something that shows highlights. You’ll see how David Robinson would score at will. He would score of two to three defenders all the time because the team had no one but David Robinson. Just see one clip of him when he was playing. The dunks and the blocks are highlights that I do not see from any centers today.
    Duncan averages from when he entered the league until now at 32 years old; 21.0 ppg, 50% field goals, 11.8 rpg, 2.3 bpg, 0.8 steals pg, 68% ft shooter
    Robinsons averages from when he entered the league he turned 32 years old; 25.0 ppg, 52% field goals, 11.6 rpg, 3.5 bpg, 1.6 steals pg, 75% ft shooter (also had a better 3 point percentage but I wont go into that)
    David Robinson is the FIRST player to be named to an ALL NBA team and an ALL NBA Defensive team in his first 7 years in the league.
    I will not go into the later part of David Robinsons career because Tim Duncan has yet to play his later part of his own years. Yes, Robinson’s stats declined on offense and defense. I am thinking that the reasons are because he was turning 33 years old, with a bad back from years of carrying the team of his own. Also, the spurs wanted David Robinson to play second fiddle to Tim Duncan. As for the rings part... Duncan had wayyyy better players than Robinson had in his prime. Plus..Robinson played most of his career in the Jordan era. Robinson has 2 Gold medals, Duncan 0.
    For the guy that said that David Robinson is overrated….. you are now barred from ever talking basketball ever again!!!
    And for the comment that Hakeem the dream made David Robinson look stupid…. Umm… do you see how slow Duncan is?? Imagine Duncan trying to guard that?? That would be on bloopers.. “Duncan falls again!!”
    Sorry so long…had to get my point across.

The way i see it is, who would you rather start a franchise with? I would have to say Tim Duncan.

Definitely no contest now.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshtd1 View Post
    Lol..If I ever need a laugh, I know I can always come to this thread and look for this post
    So has this been working out for you?

Free As Seagull.

Duncan easily. Check out the year DRob won the MVP and what the real MVP did to DRob in the playoffs. Please.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12