Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Toronto Maple Leafs 2017/18 Prospect Thread

Herzog, Desrocher and Korestelev all unsigned by the deadline. No word if they'll sign minor league deals or go another way.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-01-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Korestelev will actually enter the draft again.

Pretty surprised we didn't sign Korostelev after he really picked it up with Peterborough after traded. That said, we have a lot of wingers and left shot D already so i guess its not a huge loss.

Could always draft em again. He had a solid year. I figured he would get signed too but like you said, we have so many wingers. Gotta save roster spots.

IIRC we're near the contract limit so a dime a dozen prospect like Koro just isn't a priority. He was a long shot when drafted, and he's a longshot now. The head scratcher for me is Desrocher. He seemed to be developing well and is AHL ready. He has #6 type of potential IMO.

He could get signed to an AHL deal. I'm sure he'll look for something better though since he's a UFA now but if that doesn't come along he might do an AHL deal.

My money is on Koro being an NHL contributor one day. He was my Kevin Pillar of that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My money is on Koro being an NHL contributor one day. He was my Kevin Pillar of that draft.
    If by contributor you mean putting up points in the KHL, I agree. The guy can't skate.

Can someone give a rundown or link to how are draftpicks did last year? Particularly our 2nd rounder. They saw something in theoveragers last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00008490.html

You canclick on each player and get some stats. No advanced stats though. Hockeydb is good for a peek.

Adam Brooks signed to an entry level deal.

Nice. He tore up the CHL the past couple years. Him and Steele were lethal last year. Brooks would have been talked about like Connor Brown if he didn't finish 1 point away from Steele, who won the WHL scoring title this year. Brooks won it the year before

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Nice. He tore up the CHL the past couple years. Him and Steele were lethal last year. Brooks would have been talked about like Connor Brown if he didn't finish 1 point away from Steele, who won the WHL scoring title this year. Brooks won it the year before
    Like Brown and McDavid though, Brooks and Steel were on different lines. Makes their production all the more impressive.

I hope we have a few roster spots left because there are some undrafted kids turning heads at camp. The line of Pospisil - Rueschhoff - Tortora had a really great game, last game. Pospisil in particular looks like he could be something. Big winger, looks almost exactly like JVR on the ice with a seemingly better shot

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast