Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Yes I believe getting the 10th pick will help us build a contender faster and here is why.
    Selecting 10th(or later) would mean the Jets played at least fairly well. In order for that to happen the veterans, rookies, and 2nd year players would have to of played well. That would give the team a good set of core players to build on. Maybe even Hack could prove to be a reliable starter. Then using the 80m cap room and the draft to fill in areas of need they could be a contender at least for the playoffs as early as next year.
    If we have the 1st pick that means the team did not play well. The team will have a weak roster and both Bowles, and Macc might be out. In other words a complete rebuild again. Even if you use for 1st pick for Sam D. he would be coming to team that would need a lot of help. He might not even want to come here like Eli didn't want the Charges. He could decide to stay in school another year. The Jets had the #1 pick the year Peyton Manning decided to stay in school for his senior. What if he and the other Qbs have a bad year or get injured. That is way too many ifs.
    You don't have to have the #1 pick to get a good QB.
    Brady 5th round
    Brees 2nd round
    Prescott 4th round
    R. Wilson 3rd round
    Rodgers 1st round but 26th pick
    It is who you pick and develop that is important not where you pick him.
    Read today that Sam D. says he might return to USC next year. That is one reason why planning for the draft this early is a bad idea. Too many things can happen.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Read today that Sam D. says he might return to USC next year. That is one reason why planning for the draft this early is a bad idea. Too many things can happen.

Yessir!!!

I really like Mayfield. He's most likely not going with the first pick. He doesn't blow you away but he's a very good leader with solid all around skills.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

The higher you pick the better the chance your prospect has of panning out.

Also if your player isn't there the pick itself is an asset.

I get not wanting to tank. Ann's I hate the SOJ attitude. But you can definitely see the benefit to losing, especially in a yeast where you don't really habe a chance to compete for a championship. Or at last that honest perception of your team.

How did that work out for Matt Markley?

The only way he goes back to USC next year is if he struggles.
    But I expect Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Jackson to be all taken within the 1st 6 picks next year.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    How did that work out for Matt Markley?

The only way he goes back to USC next year is if he struggles.
    But I expect Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Jackson to be all taken within the 1st 6 picks next year.
    Don't write off Mayfield. Kid is tough mentally and physically, has solid tools and is a very good leader

And dare I say, mcsorely from pen. State
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 07-17-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234