Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    I don't agree with the 40 man roster concerns. That list of guys we have after we lose our free agents includes like 6 guys that can easily just be cut so we can protect a guy like Adolfo

Giancarlo will be making around 30M a year in the 2020's. Honestly dont ever see the Sox, at least in JR's lifetime having a player thats contract even averages 20M a season.

Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    Giancarlo will be making around 30M a year in the 2020's. Honestly dont ever see the Sox, at least in JR's lifetime having a player thats contract even averages 20M a season.
    So all these GREAT prospects we have just go away once they prove themselves and become THE STARS WE THINK THEY WILL BE..We Don't pay them and we are back to the middle of the pack like we have been the last 2 decades

Here's something I remember ..2 years ago I said we should talk to the Cubs about Solar.. See if they would trade him for Avi..Maybe a change would do both guys good

I was met with .."Your not putting Avi in the same ball park as Solar...Solar is a future all star etc etc. Avi's a bust
    Hummm!

We signed Danks over extending Mark Burhele too.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by dastar1949 View Post
    So all these GREAT prospects we have just go away once they prove themselves and become THE STARS WE THINK THEY WILL BE..We Don't pay them and we are back to the middle of the pack like we have been the last 2 decades
    Who is a star that we've had recently that we haven't kept from leaving to free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Who is a star that we've had recently that we haven't kept from leaving to free agency?
    What Stars have we had? The talent we have had recently we traded away...What im saying IF you don't want to pony up for talent like Stanton THEN why do you feel we will spend the BIG money for ALL these studs we are going to have, They will ALL be top talent we think TOP talent get TOP pay

Magglio left for big $$$ but with a questionable injury
    Frank left, also had injury issues but Thome kind of pushed him out the door.
    Robin left when he should have been kept, that was a bad decision IMO, although maybe Crede was almost ready.
    Buehrle should have been resigned over Danks, that was a mistake.

This time I will have to mostly agree with you Dark Star, each of these decisions have an * beside them though.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Those guys all left after their "Prime" and about 10 years with the sox...the sox have historically locked up key players prior to free agency.

There's not 1 star in the past 30 years the sox haven't paid. Again, I'm not following your guys thoughts here.

I actually like the idea of Stanton, but he has no trade clause. And he won't cost much in terms of prospects because of his contract. He'll still cost something, but something closer to the eaton trade then Q or Sale

Well, there are those that say Many Machado is the guy we go after, with Burger to !B......and Jose to DH. Eloy, Robert & Rutherford in the OF.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

. Eloy, Robert & Rutherford -Moncada \BURGER,

C.RODON ./ Reynaldo Lopez././ Lucas Giolito./Alec Hansen /Dylan Cease Zack Burdi /
    Michael Kopech

That's alot of 200M to 300M players to have on one team...BECAUSE WE KNOW THEY ALL are going to be STARS

BUSTER OLNEY SAYS about teams and Stanton

The White Sox: A sleeper. Because of the prospect-driven deals made by Rick Hahn in the past year, the Marlins would have a lot of prospects to choose from -- and the White Sox have a whole lot of payroll flexibility in the years ahead. A move for Stanton would help position the White Sox to win in 2018 and 2019, as the Royals and Indians window starts to close

I think the Sox will start to turn it around next year, but 2018 is a little early to be in position to win.

Id much rather see what we have with guys like Jimenez and Robert, than take on a 30M a year commitment. The rebuild is going great, just have to have patience and persistence. We dealt with a decade of mediocre baseball, we can deal with 3 years of losing if it sets up a fantastic 2020's.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast