Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sox Trade Rumors

I guess the latest is Boston wants Q and Frazier.

The Yanks still interested in Q

The Nats still want Robertson.

Lets see....Boston has Groom and Deavers and several 3B prospects. I doubt they will part with either Deavers or Groom. For Q, I would demand one of those two.

The Yanks have Clint Frazier and several 3B prospects....

The Nats have Kieboom and a couple OF prospects

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Sox Trade Rumors

They traded somebody to Washington, a minor league outfielder yesterday.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

The Nationals have acquired veteran outfielder Ryan Raburn from the White Sox, according to a club announcement from Chicagoís Triple-A affiliate in Charlotte. Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reports that the Nats will send cash or a player to be named later back to the White Sox in exchange for Raburn, who will be assigned to Triple-A Syracuse in the Nats organization (Twitter links).

The 36-year-old Raburn, a veteran of 11 Major League seasons, was in camp with the Reds this spring but didnít make the roster and ultimately latched on with Chicagoís Triple-A affiliate. Heís gotten off to a nice start with the Knights, hitting .277/.419/.434 through 105 plate appearances there and will give Washington some depth and, possibly, an eventual bench option against left-handed pitching. Itís worth noting that outfielder Chris Heisey recently suffered a torn biceps tendon and is waiting to learn whether heíll require surgery to repair the injury, so Raburn could conceivably give the Nats another veteran option to fill that role on the big league club.

Despite spending the 2016 season playing his home games at the hitter-friendly Coors Field, Raburn struggled through one of the worst years of his career. In 256 plate appearances with the Rox last season, he batted just .220/.309/.404, though he did tally nine homers. Raburn has long been a potent bat against left-handed pitchers, as evidenced by his .261/.341/.487 lifetime batting line when holding the platoon advantage.

Would Tommy Kahnle be enough to get an elite prospect like, for example, Victor Robles ?
    Kahnle is looking looking like he could be a lights out Closer for another team...better than Robertson right now.

Sox Trade Rumors

No he won't even bring a top 100 prospect. He'll bring a nice prospect with some upside back. Swarzak will bring back slightly less than that. DRob is the guy that could be a quality package back. Especially if he keeps throwing like he has. The Sox need the same market as last deadline for closers.

Sox Trade Rumors

Nobody is getting Robles except for Quintana and that isn't happening.

Sox Trade Rumors

For DRob, hope they can get a prospect like Juan Soto or Carter Keiboom back.

Right now is a bad time to try and move kahnle, unless someone is giving us a top 75 prospect in return. His sample size is just too small, remember what Albers did last year? Awesome first half, then horrendous second half....I think kahnle is way better then Albers, but it is doubtful other teams will give much.

Just sit back and hold him for another year, and we might have a gem that can battle with burdi as our future closer

Ok, now that we have drafted Burger & Sheets..........signed Robert.....picked up Alen Hansen.....and seen Matt Davidson,Yolmer Sanchez, Avi Garcia having good years..........what are we looking for in prospects now ?

I would think maybe a left handed arm like Groom from Boston and maybe a Clint Frazier from the Yanks and a Kieboom /Soto from the Nats. ? I know you can always use arms......what say you......?

If I am them I am still looking for OFs. We dont know how long it will take for Robert to get to the team. Avi should not be in the OF. Basabe is also a question mark.
    Catcher is also a big ?

I am interested to see what we do w/ DH. Avi and Abreu should be there.

Moving Davidson to 3rd would be nice. Then move him to 1st when Burger comes up. DH Avi (assuming by the Abreu is gone).

future:

1st - Abreu (but eventually Davidson) - Followed by Sheets
    2nd- Moncada
    ss - Anderson
    3rd - Davidson (eventually Burger)
    C - ???
    OF -Robert, Avi, ??? - would be amazing, if for once we got lucky, and Henson could stick in the OF and thrive.

Pitching: Giolito, Kopech, Rodon, Lopez, and one of the guys we have down.

Based on the above I think we need some OF prospects and a catcher. Cant ever have too much pitching either though.

Go after OFs, Catchers, and pitching.

Um, Zack Collins is a catcher, #1 pick last year...and they drafted a kid, Skoug I think in round 7 who is also a C.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Sox Trade Rumors

Yeah they have 2 catchers I know they think highly of in Collins and Skoug not to mention Zavala.

Catching has turn back into a defensive position. If 4 of your starters want to pitch to a guy who will hit .205, that's who your starting catcher will be.

The Sox should trade at peak value. That MIGHT mean trading Avi, Kahnle, Leury, Davidson, Swarzak, Beck, and Sanchez. I'd be looking for lefty-hitters with real upside, like Schwarber.

Sox Trade Rumors

First of all none of those guys get you Schwarber and I'm not sure what Schwarber is.

Sox Trade Rumors

Collins has put in a ton of time and Dunning has said he loves throwing to Collins. Plus Collins is throwing out 39% of base stealers.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast