LCB- Robinson/ Redmond
    RCB- Witherspoon/ Johnson
    FS- Ward/ Jerome/ Colbert
    SS- Reid/ Tartt

K- Gould
    P- Pinion

KR- Taylor/ Goodwin
    PR- Taylor/ Kerley
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

QB: Hoyer, Barkley, Beathard
    RB: Hyde, Williams, Hightower
    FB: Jusczcyk
    TE: McDonald, Kittle, Paulsen
    WR: Garcon, Goodwin, Kerely, Robinson, Taylor
    OT: Staley, Brown, Gilliam
    OG/C: Garnett, Zuttah, Kilgore, Beadles, Goodman

LEO: Armstead, Lynch, Taumoepenu
    NT: Mitchell, DJ Jones
    DT: Buckner, Dial
    DE: Thomas, Carradine, Blair

WILL: Smith, Foster
    MIKE: Bowman, Watson, Coyle
    SAM: Brooks, Harold

CB: Robinson, Witherspoon, Johnson, Williams, Redmond, Colbert
    FS: Ward, Jerome
    SS: Reid, Tartt

K: Gould
    P: Pinion

Looks about right to me Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Lakers prediction looks close ... but I don't know that Brooks or McDonald are on the roster opening day.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots:31646602
    Lakers prediction looks close ... but I don't know that Brooks or McDonald are on the roster opening day.
    McDonald is a toss up, but Brooks is a lock imo.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think right now that Brooks is the starting SAM LB, so I see very little chance he's cut unless someone takes that from him this summer. As for Vance, the only way that I can see him not on the roster is via trade, but they were unable to move him on draft day, so I doubt they move him now. Cutting him makes no sense. They'll eat nearly $8 million in dead money and not only will have no cap savings, they'll actually lose $3.5+ million in cap space just by cutting him.

I was struggling trying to figure out who fits the most at each position. Especially 2nd WR, RG, RT, Leo, Sam, 2nd CB & backup FS. I believe Ward will be used as nickel back as well. Imo, Jerome will be a beast as a backup FS as well as Tartt at SS. Imo also i feel Tartt wilk get some look at WLB. I believe Williams gets the starting RB and Kittle at TE. We will more than likely give McDonald a spot as 2nd TE on passing situations. Hopefully he has worked on his catching consistency. Leo has to be Lynch, Harold. Bucknner should be starting inside. Buckner is great inside as NT or DT and Armstead is beter as inside DT or Strong side end(LE). Thomas can go anywhere which Imo he should be Strong End and Lynch as LEO. There will be some great competition.
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think right now that Brooks is the starting SAM LB, so I see very little chance he's cut unless someone takes that from him this summer. As for Vance, the only way that I can see him not on the roster is via trade, but they were unable to move him on draft day, so I doubt they move him now. Cutting him makes no sense. They'll eat nearly $8 million in dead money and not only will have no cap savings, they'll actually lose $3.5+ million in cap space just by cutting him.
    Brooks is old guard. His performance has been falling off and he's not part of the future. He's still good, but he doesn't have experience in the new defense so time spent on him is wasted.

McDonald has been told they were trying to trade him, Lynch and Shanahan both said to the press that he doesn't fit the offense, 3 TEs were added to the roster to take that role. His days are numbered and the cap effect is meaningless when the team has so much money available. They would have to pay another team to take him at this point, so my guess is they are waiting for some TE injuries around the league to make a team need him and failing that he'll be cut.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    I was struggling trying to figure out who fits the most at each position. Especially 2nd WR, RG, RT, Leo, Sam, 2nd CB & backup FS. I believe Ward will be used as nickel back as well. Imo, Jerome will be a beast as a backup FS as well as Tartt at SS. Imo also i feel Tartt wilk get some look at WLB. I believe Williams gets the starting RB and Kittle at TE. We will more than likely give McDonald a spot as 2nd TE on passing situations. Hopefully he has worked on his catching consistency. Leo has to be Lynch, Harold. Bucknner should be starting inside. Buckner is great inside as NT or DT and Armstead is beter as inside DT or Strong side end(LE). Thomas can go anywhere which Imo he should be Strong End and Lynch as LEO. There will be some great competition.
    I think they'll keep Ward at FS and expect the slot to be covered by the other CBs.

McDonald has never been able to hold on to the ball, it's not suddenly going to change.

Williams will get a shot, but if he struggles even a little on protections Hyde will be the starter week one at least.

Armstead, when healthy, showed he was a dominant pass rusher so putting him at Leo (which is where the team has been running him) makes sense. Mitchell is the stopgap an NT.

Also don't forget Cole Hikutini ... he's almost a lock to make the roster if he's healthy enough to play, and he's supposed to be. Shanahan likes to use multiple TEs so it's possible he keeps 4.

I'm excited to see WRs playing finally in an offense that runs crosses and slants with speed. For the last 10 years we have not seen WRs used correctly.

It's possible one of the holdover WRs climbs the depth chart and makes the team ... but I don't know who it might be.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the draft picks.

I like what I've seen from Chris Jones, Lorenzo Jerome, Trent Taylor.

I wonder if Jerome will be able to make the big step up to the NFL in one step. He ran a slow 40, and his tape shows him to not be all that quick either, but he was very effective.

I also wonder if Fusco will challenge for PT considering he graded better than Beadles last year.

Lynch, Blair, Carradine, Chris Jones, D.J. Jones, and Dial are all fighting to fill in the depth, and I don't really have much faith in any of them being difference makers this year.

Pita Taumoepenu is really raw but if everything goes right could be a very good pass rusher.

There are a lot of corners to work through.
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-26-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Armstead imo is only getting solid work at Leo because he fits until Lynch can get in shape. Imo Armstead can play any position on the line, but he's a force inside as DT. Getting him accustomed to playing Leo just gives them a chance to see him as a "just in case" situation. Truthfully with Buckner as NT, Armstead DT, Thomas LE & Lynch, Harold or Carradine at LEO could be a force.

Actually, i don't want McDonald. TE's- Kittle/ Paulson/ Hikutini should do better. Juszczyk also can be used as TE. So, yea McDonald needs traded. Williams is a T.Davis clone to me. He will be great imo. Hyde needs to be traded as well, because i'd be fine with Williams/ Hightower/ Breida and once again Juszczyk can get some carries as well.
    Also imo 2 of the UDFA OL will make the team and maybe 1 as starter. Mangunson maybe as RG or RT. But for now it's Gilliam as RT imo and Beadles or Kilgore as RG. We do have massive depth so that's always a plus.

Offense(24)
    QB: Hoyer, Barkley, Beathard
    RB: Hyde, Williams, Hightower, Juice
    WR: Garcon, Goodwin, Kerley, Robinson, Taylor, Smelter
    TE: McDonald, Kittle, Paulsen
    T: Staley, Brown, Gilliam
    G/C: Zuttah, Kilgore, Garnett, Beadles, Magnuson

Defense(26)
    LDE: Thomas, Carradine
    DT: Buckner, Blair, Dial
    NT: Mitchell, Jones
    LEO: Armstead, Lynch
    SAM: Brooks, Harold
    MIKE: Bowman, Coyle
    WILL: Smith, Foster, Armstrong
    CB: Robinson, Witherspoon, Johnson, Williams, Reaser, Redmond
    FS: Ward, Jerome
    SS: Reid, Tartt

ST's(3)
    K: Gould
    P: Pinion
    LS: Nelson

''Sig by Johnle''

Looking at this team on paper, we look hot garbage. But imo we really will be a playoff team. We are being dreamt on, not slept on. Imo, defense top 15, offense top 15. 9-7 or 10-6...We have imo 6-12 dreamnt on studs. Beatherd, Williams, Breida, Taylor, Kittle, Magnuson, Taumoepena, Nwachukwu, D.J.Jones, Newsome, Jerome, Colbert.. I'm ready for August...lol..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast