Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Davis helped open up the hole for Ajayi on his big run last week and had good movement. His struggled one on one but was decent. He was noticeably awful when he started playing Tackle in that game.

I just hope that this is the last year that we have to go through this with the oline. Just draft a good OG for once and fix this problem.

I love the news that Godchaux is playing his way into the starter next to Suh for the 1st week over Phillips. If seeing these young, hungry guys like Godchaux and Taylor come in and work their butts off doesn't influence Phillips, then I'm not sure he can be influenced. And Harris is showing off his edge speed as well. So far in TC, our draft is looking pretty nice, especially when you can get a potential starter at DT in the 5th rd. If only McMillan didn't get hurt.

I still have my worries about the secondary and OL, but the potential to make a playoff push again this year is not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm trusting our FO more and more, and that includes Tannebaum lol

I'm actually fine with our secondary. I think Verner was a solid signing and we have Maxwell, Howard and Tankersley beyond that. But losing Lippett was definitely unfortunate because I wanted Verner to play nickel instead of McCain. He still can but if someone else gets hurt he'll have to play more on the boundary.

Our O-Line is a mess. We all know there will be a game week 4 or 9 or 13, who knows which. That all of Tunsil, Pouncey and maybe even James will miss. And we'll have the most ridiculous O-Line out there ever in the NFL. Season hasn't even started and we already lost our starting LG for the season and our top OG/C backup for however long. 3-6 weeks? And we all know Pouncey will get hurt, question is will it be a game or two maintenance type injury or entire 2nd half of season bad. Throw in a game or two missed by Tunsil or James due to ankle or back issues that happen and you've got yourself a nightmare. We'll have to bring back Branden Albert out of retirement.
    BRUH

Kraig Urbik was released with a injury, Jesse Davis seems better than him and saves some cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Kraig Urbik was released with a injury, Jesse Davis seems better than him and saves some cap.
    So our backup lineman (half of which will now be starting...or will be soon enough) have like a handful of NFL starts between them. Is it time to be nervous yet? We have to sign some additional QUALITY depth. Cutler is going to lose all momentum that he's gaining if he's on the ground every third play. Once Cutler's attitude gets worse, the season is over IMO. There will have to be some decent linemen cut after this upcoming week. We've got to act fast and add some additional talent...this season literally depends on it.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Urbik was inline to be the starting LG, backup C if needed when camp started. Cheaper UDFA beat him out.

Urbik was inline to be the starting LG, backup C if needed when camp started. Cheaper UDFA beat him out.
    I get that, and I'm glad that some of our "lesser guys" are stepping up. It's exactly what's needed. But that just goes to show why it's so important to find a few players that were "throwaways" elsewhere and get them onto the roster and into practice. We don't necessarily need a big-name signing for the line (though I still think that we should be talking to Albert about a possible return), but we definitely need to add some additional hunger (guys with chips on their shoulders after being cut and competition for anyone starting to feel a sense of complacency). Urbik was slated to be a starter given our current list of injuries, and then he too went down as damaged goods. There's only so many guys left to even try to plug into the system. Even if all of our current linemen somehow rise to the occasion and make it to "starter-level", we will still need guys to push them and get ready to fill in as backups.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

So anyone here think we could have a new punter come week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    So anyone here think we could have a new punter come week 1?
    I've been plenty happy with Matt Darr and he's making 600k. Unless Rizzi thinks he found a pro-bowl type punter I'm not sure why you'd mess with that. With most of the punt stats, net avg. punt, touchbacks, avg. return yards per punt, Matt is pretty middle of the pack, some things better and some things worse. But if we think Darr is going to want a raise and cost us more money and this new guy will sign a 3 year deal on the minimum and could be an upgrade... I guess you do it. But I rather roll with Darr.
    BRUH

I think he was talking about Matt Haack, who has looked as good if not better than Matt Darr.

Also, considering we released Urbik with an injury settlement because we didn't want to wait and our needs with the O-Line, I fully expect us to sign someone that gets released. Some solid players will get released either due to scheme or making a few million and being beat out by a younger player and the team prefers to save the cap space.
    BRUH

I think he was talking about Matt Haack, who has looked as good if not better than Matt Darr.
    Yea when I said But if we think Darr is going to want a raise and cost us more money and this new guy will sign a 3 year deal on the minimum and could be an upgrade I was talking about Haack. Haack = new guy
    I knew they were both named Matt but forgot his last name. Point is Darr is making peanuts and he has experience. Punting in practice and preseason games is different than the real thing, which is why I'd rather go with Darr. But if Rizzi thinks he found a gem and Haack will sign a cheap long term deal meanwhile Darr will want a 3 year deal for 4-6M this offseason and thinks Haack will get plucked off the practice squad then you make the change.
    BRUH

Anyone think we could have a surprise cut this year?

Just found found this part posted in Miami herald

Punter: Arizona State rookie Matt Haack has outperformed Matt Darr, is $150,000 cheaper and more importantly, keeping him would eliminate the need for Miami to spend to re-sign Darr next spring, when Dolphins cap space will be limited and Haack would cost only $550,000. Haack has emerged as the favorite.

If that's the case then I'd expect Darr would be traded for 6th or 7th rd pick

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Just found found this part posted in Miami herald

Punter: Arizona State rookie Matt Haack has outperformed Matt Darr, is $150,000 cheaper and more importantly, keeping him would eliminate the need for Miami to spend to re-sign Darr next spring, when Dolphins cap space will be limited and Haack would cost only $550,000. Haack has emerged as the favorite.

If that's the case then I'd expect Darr would be traded for 6th or 7th rd pick
    Do tell me how Miami's cap space will be limited next year?

Maxwell will free up $10 mil
    Cutler will free up $10 mil ( or more??)
    Tannehill will free up $17-$4 guaranteed = $13 mil

Those are the big 3 and would net us $33 mil in cap space + $4mil (as of now) + whatever the cap goes up next year. So at least $37mil+

If we do extend Landry then why are we paying a qb $17 mil while still trying to "find out" if he is a franchise qb who is coming of ACL surgery?? Landry shouldn't get any more $ than Edelman based on talent at stats. If you add in Landry's leadership traits then I'd say he should get about what Edelman makes or slightly more. I respect LAndry but I would have no problems plugging Carroo in the slot to replace him, as long as we get some value for Landry and not a freaking 3rd round comp pick.
    This is a run first team with him at the helm. We had our success when we kept the ball out of his hands so there is no way I am paying a qb on this team $17 mil. This class is loaded with potential franchise qb's - draft one. If we keep resigning our wr's then he will be surrounded with talent and a solid run game, as long as Ajayi's knee doesn't expire.

Sorry for the rant but I think it's an extremely easy decision to make at the qb position in Miami for the future.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast