Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    On a positive note, the fact that both Taylor and Godchaux are showing glimpses of promise and signs of improvement hopefully makes up for losing McMillan in the middle. I think those two, along with Harris, are the most important rookies we need to step up this year. The DL will be our backbone this year on defense. Suh needs some consistent help and Philips just hasn't shown the will to play hard every down yet.

If our DL can stuff the run in the middle, or at least slow the run down long enough for our backers and safeties (RJ and eventually McDonald) to close the gap, that would be tremendous.

I purchased Sunday Ticket this year, so I'm riding or dying with this team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'd honestly take Sheppard over Maualuga. At least Sheppard has shown recently to be a decent run stuffer which is all we really need from the MLB position right now.
    Shepperd and Maualuga both received PFF scores under 40 last year. Just looked it up

Zach Brown and David Harris getting such cheap contracts because we insisted on Misi was such a mistake. That's definitely on Tannebaum.

Still confused as to why no one is giving Perry Riley a look.
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...bring-him-back

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Perry-...ning-104012519

Zachary Orr had a 42.7 according to PFF.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Shepperd and Maualuga both received PFF scores under 40 last year. Just looked it up

Zach Brown and David Harris getting such cheap contracts because we insisted on Misi was such a mistake. That's definitely on Tannebaum.

Still confused as to why no one is giving Perry Riley a look.
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...bring-him-back

http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Perry-...ning-104012519

Zachary Orr had a 42.7 according to PFF.
    This is one of those moments where people mention that PFF isn't nearly as good as they used to be....

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Well doesn't matter because Orr just retired again. Supposedly he spoke to 17! teams and none of them would clear him to play.

Also Chicago Bears signed Kelvin Sheppard due to Trevathan being hurt. It's no surprise that MLB run stuffing thumpers get bad grades in PFF because they can't cover well, but really good ones still get 50-60's... getting a sub 40 ... yikes. I still don't understand why no one is looking at Perry Riley.

Burke coached Maualuga in Cincy as a LB coach so if we didn't sign him after his workout it's because he must've not looked very good.
    BRUH

This is one of those moments where people mention that PFF isn't nearly as good as they used to be....
    I have had it the past few years but they just raised the price from 27 to 40 bucks. Bye.

Dolphins signed veteran LB Rey Maualuga.
    The Dolphins' are trying to bolster their linebacker depth after the loss of second-rounder Raekwon Mcmillan. However, Maualuga probably won't be the answer for them if his play hasn't improved. Mike Hull is still the favorite to start.

I hope they give Hull a shot to still win it. Maualuga isn't the player he used to be. Hopefully he's only depth at this point. Let him be what Misi was going to be for this team. We still need to find another backup to help with special teams.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I hope they give Hull a shot to still win it. Maualuga isn't the player he used to be. Hopefully he's only depth at this point. Let him be what Misi was going to be for this team. We still need to find another backup to help with special teams.
    I believe that Hull will still have a shot to win it, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Rey gets the nod initially and Hull still specializes in special teams and backs up Maualuga. I don't see Rey playing special teams, but I also don't see him on the field on anything more than 1st/2nd downs. Hull may end up as the more versatile of the two at this point, and could earn his "every down" position back by his play on 3rd downs.

Also, I believe that there should be some solid talent available league-wide once the final cuts come. It's hard to go on a signing spree right now, when there will be some studs available soon (especially depth and special team players). I look at Miami and think what a good example we are for being WAY too deep at a position. We have guys buried on our depth chart at WR that will probably easily make a roster elsewhere. There's no reason to think that out of 31 other teams, that there aren't some solid linemen, LBs, etc..., just praying that they'll find a home.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Maualuga is much need depth and being Burke knows him im good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Maualuga is much need depth and being Burke knows him im good with it.
    Absolutely. A "backup" is only one play away from being a starter. I don't think it really matters if he's the starter or not...we are better as a team due to his addition IMO. It was funny because when I looked at the list of possible LB replacements after Misi went down, I had a weird feeling that Maualuga was going to be a Dolphin...that's before realizing that our staff had any previous experience with him. I really believe that he should be in a solid position to rebound in Miami.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Rey's signing is very nice for our team. Yeah he's not going to be covering TE's or RB's, but he can help stuff the run well.

My best case scenario is for Hull to win the job and start at MLB (and stay healthy), gain the experience, and start next year between Timmons and Kiko, letting McMillan play snaps as 4th LB/special teams to get back fully healthy and earn a starting spot in 2019 (or even better in 2018!)

I'd also love for McDonald to ball out in the secondary with RJ! When we signed him, I had a feeling that he would play his way into getting resigned by us and I still think that.

It almost seems like we're in yet another transition year for some reason with all of the injuries already.

Kraig Urbik is out with a knee injury, no word on how long but maybe only the first few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Kraig Urbik is out with a knee injury, no word on how long but maybe only the first few games.
    He might need a knee scope. We're going to be starting a 3rd year UDFA named Jesse Davis who is also our backup at RT. Pretty sure he's the one that got back to back holding penalties last week vs the ravens. Our OLine and depth has always been crap and now we've already lost a starter at OG and our top OG/C backup. And we all know it's only a matter of time until we lose Pouncey for however long. And we'll be starting Jesse Davis and Anthony Steen and then Cutler and Ajayi will be on stretchers before you know it.

Between the injuries and our schedule I'm starting to have a real bad feeling about this season. 7 wins kinda feeling bad.
    BRUH

Young was the one who got back to back holding flags but he also didn't play great.

Everyone in the NFL knows our OL depth lacks any credibility. Sucks that our OL guys are dropping like this. But our FO tried to upgrade our defense this year in the draft and FA and went cheap as s**t on OL. Next year will be Bizarro World and we will draft OL and offense in FA and poop the bed on defense. We can never have a good, balanced attack at the off-season.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast