Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I liked the vogel pick up a lot when it happened. He doesn't have a booming leg but he's super proficient and reliable which is what we really need. He also seems like a guy who could be good at pinning teams inside the 10 and 5 when needed. I suppose they saw something in him to get rid of scum and will prob still bring in more competitors. Good for pack I don't like scum!

Long overdue

they waived him with an injury designation and if he clears waivers he will end up on IR

RIP Gene Wilder

In our last two drafts...montravious adams, Malachi dupre, and Kyle Murphy were the highest rated recruits heading into college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still so excited to see the young RBs and the young WRs in TC/PS

Gonna be a ton of fun watching them. It'll be good for the OL prospects as well as for Hundley.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    In our last two drafts...montravious adams, Malachi dupre, and Kyle Murphy were the highest rated recruits heading into college.

In the nation By position?

Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    In the nation By position?

Crazy.
    No. They were the highest ranked college recruits of all of OUR picks.

No. They were the highest ranked college recruits of all of OUR picks.

Ohhhhhhh

Not super surprising. There's very little correlation between top recruits and NFL success. High school recruiting is such a crap shoot. Obvisouly you want the best caliber athletes, but there's plenty of top 100 guys who may not even see the field much in college.

If you go back and look at the top 50 or 100 recruits in a given year, a huge chunk of them never actually make the NFL and quite a few that do are backups or out of the league pretty quickly. I just did a quick search for the 2007 top 50 recruits at there's like 10 of them that are decent or good NFL players. Quite a few I don't believe I've even heard of and a lot were either undrafted or late round flier types.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not super surprising. There's very little correlation between top recruits and NFL success. High school recruiting is such a crap shoot. Obvisouly you want the best caliber athletes, but there's plenty of top 100 guys who may not even see the field much in college.

If you go back and look at the top 50 or 100 recruits in a given year, a huge chunk of them never actually make the NFL and quite a few that do are backups or out of the league pretty quickly. I just did a quick search for the 2007 top 50 recruits at there's like 10 of them that are decent or good NFL players. Quite a few I don't believe I've even heard of and a lot were either undrafted or late round flier types.
    Nope. Just an interesting tidbit on a slow day is all.

Nope. Just an interesting tidbit on a slow day is all.

It is somewhat interesting. But on the flip side, if you look at a lot of the packers players, I think a fair amount of them came from some more unheralded backgrounds. I mean, outside of Haha and a few guys from like Stanford, a lot came from sort of smaller schools that usually don't get a ton of big time recruits.

Obvisouly we don't neccesarily weight that in for the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we gave some of the more "self made" guys who worked their butts off to become top players in college a little bit of a bump on the draft board.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It is somewhat interesting. But on the flip side, if you look at a lot of the packers players, I think a fair amount of them came from some more unheralded backgrounds. I mean, outside of Haha and a few guys from like Stanford, a lot came from sort of smaller schools that usually don't get a ton of big time recruits.

Obvisouly we don't neccesarily weight that in for the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we gave some of the more "self made" guys who worked their butts off to become top players in college a little bit of a bump on the draft board.
    Yea that's also an interesting tidbit that most don't realize.

One of the main reasons I love TT

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast