Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Packers are bringing pankey up from the practice squad. Interesting move. They have a lot of OL on the active roster at this point. Wonder if spriggs really is injured and they fear bulaga won't be ready this week.

I like him but ehhh

Just seems strange. We've got 9 OL on the roster, which is a little strong, especially compared to the healthy DL. Not sure if they were worried about losing pankey, or think they prefer him to Patrick, so they'll cut Patrick when bulaga is healthy or what, but it just seems strange to carry that many OL, especially since OL don't carry a ton of ST value (they won't be on the punt or kick coverage teams or the punt return team.).

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Just seems strange. We've got 9 OL on the roster, which is a little strong, especially compared to the healthy DL. Not sure if they were worried about losing pankey, or think they prefer him to Patrick, so they'll cut Patrick when bulaga is healthy or what, but it just seems strange to carry that many OL, especially since OL don't carry a ton of ST value (they won't be on the punt or kick coverage teams or the punt return team.).
    Spriggs out two weeks. Mac said we have guys banged up on the line is what he said today.

our whole line must be hurting. I understand bringing Pankey up but, they also signed G Darrell Greene to the PS. thats a lot of Olinemen

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    our whole line must be hurting. I understand bringing Pankey up but, they also signed G Darrell Greene to the PS. thats a lot of Olinemen
    I guess just to replace Pankey there? Idk.

Some OL will get moved down when they get healthy I'm sure. Just a temp thing?

This is a bit off topic, but a bit on. I would add in who else could we really have added to that slot there is nothing wrong with having some depth at the OL position. With a few exceptions almost every OL find for Ted Thompson has been 4th round-undrafted. So I'm not going to complain. On this OL we have 1 FA, 1 1st rounder, everyone else was a 4th round or lower pick up by Thompson, Lane Taylor was a UDFA. Some of his other successes Lang and Sitton both in that category. Given how some of the OL looked in the pre-season I can see the argument to stack up. Your franchise player needs protection, having depth in that category is not a bad idea.

I agree with that. Never can really have too many quality big guys on either side of the ball. If pankey is any sort of real deal, it makes sense to add him. But it's also possible he's just the most ready to play this week if our injuries stack of.

The other thing I think is not really relevant, but sort of interesting, is that even guys like breno giacomini and Allen barbre are still hanging around the league as starters. The ted has done a superb job of finding gems later in the draft at OL.

QB Jerod Evans; RB Algeron Brown; WRs C.J. Board, Alonzo Moore, and Jordan Williams; TE Ryan O’Malley; DTs Jeremy Faulk and Joey Ivie (Link via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com)
    profootballrumors.com

a list of players the packers worked out

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    profootballrumors.com

a list of players the packers worked out
    Hey I've heard of one of them

Ted really just loves him some WRs. I don't think he ever has a workout that doesn't at least squeeze one WR into it.

well that was a quick make up, The Packers Re-signed Ricky Jean-Francois

The Packers have re-signed defensive tackle Ricky Jean-Francois, as Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. The 30-year-old was released on Sept. 12, but he’ll rejoin the team eight days later. Ricky Jean-Francois (vertical)

Jean-Francois played only six snaps against the Seahawks in Green Bay’s season opener. His release came as a bit of a surprise after the team gave him a one-year, $2MM deal in the offseason, a pact that included a $250K signing bonus. The Packers were eyeing him for years before finally signing him in March.

The defensive tackle started seven games for the Redskins last season. Last year, he saw action on roughly 40% of Washington’s defensive snaps, racking up 32 tackles and 1.5 sacks in that span.

To date, he has appeared in games for four different NFL teams.

Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.
    profootballrumors.com

RIP Gene Wilder

I guess I'm not super surprised. I think they knew they were going to be despearate for OL last week. I wouldn't be surprised if the plan the entire time was to always bring him back. Be interesting to see what the corresponding move is. I can't imagine they're more confident in the OL situation today than they were last week. Can't really afford to let a wr go. So gotta figure it's pipkins or a running back.

A little bit of good news on the injury report, Montravious Adams, Bryan Bulaga, Jordy Nelson, and Ahmad Brooks were all full participants

RIP Gene Wilder

Jason Spriggs was put on IR.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast