Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The league is getting strange like that. I have no idea what made me think of it, but I was thinking about mike Neal today too. He got a couple workouts but it doesn't even sound like he got any offers last year. Seems like he's basically out of the league. Maybe the al jeezera thing hurt him, but no one else got suspended from that, so I'm not sure why he would have. He wasn't great, but he was definitely good enough to be rosterable in my opinion.

It just seems like the league has gotten to a point where if you're a vet and aren't quite good enough to start, there's no spot for you. Seems like everyone wants youth for their backups. It's all about upside with those guys. I sort of get it, but you'd think vets would still find spots.

Makes you wonder with all the talk of CTE and all the injury risk, maybe these guys aren't willing to take vet minimum types of deals. That's pure speculation by me, so who knows.
    I don't think it was a big secret in the NFL that Neal had been dirty since college. That's what I've been told anyways.

Could be your last part, they want X dollars and teams are like meh, and they just wait for injuries?
    Last edited by Norm; 08-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Not sure if you guys saw the tweets on dupre. He said he was unconscious and doesn't have any memory until he woke up in the ambulance. Said he didn't remember giving the thumbs up he gave while leaving the field. That's gotta be a pretty scary situation. Not sure I'd still be playing football if I was in his situation. Give him credit for sticking it out.

Not sure if you guys saw the tweets on dupre. He said he was unconscious and doesn't have any memory until he woke up in the ambulance. Said he didn't remember giving the thumbs up he gave while leaving the field. That's gotta be a pretty scary situation. Not sure I'd still be playing football if I was in his situation. Give him credit for sticking it out.
    also said that Arod was the first one to see him at the hospital

RIP Gene Wilder

That's crazy, but it also really put another emphasis on the player safety initiatives and some of the potential brain trauma which comes with football and extended play. I'm glad that it was nothing too serious because I really think when he gets some polishing he's going to be the second coming of James Jones.

This team gets a lot of credit for the QB development it has had, but I think whats more impressive is the development of the WR group and I think Dupre could be next in that line. I would argue the line goes back to Sterling Sharp despite his career running short you have Robert Brooks, then Antonio Freeman, then Donald Driver, then Greg Jennings, followed by Jordy, followed by James Jones, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams.

Speaking of wide-receivers, Davante Adams and his development into this teams arguable #2, I personally put him over Cobb at this point, but the depth chart says other wise. It's a good debate which I see sides for both. I digress, Adams posted on twitter about a week ago on the thing that drive him, and two years ago he was on the roster bubble. Interesting thing as well. I know two seasons ago a lot of fans had had it with him. Adams is working his way into the franchise record category and should be creeping into the top 15-20 in most receiving categories this season.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112