Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The league is getting strange like that. I have no idea what made me think of it, but I was thinking about mike Neal today too. He got a couple workouts but it doesn't even sound like he got any offers last year. Seems like he's basically out of the league. Maybe the al jeezera thing hurt him, but no one else got suspended from that, so I'm not sure why he would have. He wasn't great, but he was definitely good enough to be rosterable in my opinion.

It just seems like the league has gotten to a point where if you're a vet and aren't quite good enough to start, there's no spot for you. Seems like everyone wants youth for their backups. It's all about upside with those guys. I sort of get it, but you'd think vets would still find spots.

Makes you wonder with all the talk of CTE and all the injury risk, maybe these guys aren't willing to take vet minimum types of deals. That's pure speculation by me, so who knows.
    I don't think it was a big secret in the NFL that Neal had been dirty since college. That's what I've been told anyways.

Could be your last part, they want X dollars and teams are like meh, and they just wait for injuries?
    Last edited by Norm; 08-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Not sure if you guys saw the tweets on dupre. He said he was unconscious and doesn't have any memory until he woke up in the ambulance. Said he didn't remember giving the thumbs up he gave while leaving the field. That's gotta be a pretty scary situation. Not sure I'd still be playing football if I was in his situation. Give him credit for sticking it out.

Not sure if you guys saw the tweets on dupre. He said he was unconscious and doesn't have any memory until he woke up in the ambulance. Said he didn't remember giving the thumbs up he gave while leaving the field. That's gotta be a pretty scary situation. Not sure I'd still be playing football if I was in his situation. Give him credit for sticking it out.
    also said that Arod was the first one to see him at the hospital

RIP Gene Wilder

That's crazy, but it also really put another emphasis on the player safety initiatives and some of the potential brain trauma which comes with football and extended play. I'm glad that it was nothing too serious because I really think when he gets some polishing he's going to be the second coming of James Jones.

This team gets a lot of credit for the QB development it has had, but I think whats more impressive is the development of the WR group and I think Dupre could be next in that line. I would argue the line goes back to Sterling Sharp despite his career running short you have Robert Brooks, then Antonio Freeman, then Donald Driver, then Greg Jennings, followed by Jordy, followed by James Jones, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams.

Speaking of wide-receivers, Davante Adams and his development into this teams arguable #2, I personally put him over Cobb at this point, but the depth chart says other wise. It's a good debate which I see sides for both. I digress, Adams posted on twitter about a week ago on the thing that drive him, and two years ago he was on the roster bubble. Interesting thing as well. I know two seasons ago a lot of fans had had it with him. Adams is working his way into the franchise record category and should be creeping into the top 15-20 in most receiving categories this season.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    That's crazy, but it also really put another emphasis on the player safety initiatives and some of the potential brain trauma which comes with football and extended play. I'm glad that it was nothing too serious because I really think when he gets some polishing he's going to be the second coming of James Jones.

This team gets a lot of credit for the QB development it has had, but I think whats more impressive is the development of the WR group and I think Dupre could be next in that line. I would argue the line goes back to Sterling Sharp despite his career running short you have Robert Brooks, then Antonio Freeman, then Donald Driver, then Greg Jennings, followed by Jordy, followed by James Jones, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams.

Speaking of wide-receivers, Davante Adams and his development into this teams arguable #2, I personally put him over Cobb at this point, but the depth chart says other wise. It's a good debate which I see sides for both. I digress, Adams posted on twitter about a week ago on the thing that drive him, and two years ago he was on the roster bubble. Interesting thing as well. I know two seasons ago a lot of fans had had it with him. Adams is working his way into the franchise record category and should be creeping into the top 15-20 in most receiving categories this season.
    I don't see him at all like James Jones athletically, but I definitely can see him putting up Jones type career numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I don't see him at all like James Jones athletically, but I definitely can see him putting up Jones type career numbers.

Alright, fair enough, I was actually looking at the wrong profile when I wrote that...I see a player who was royally screwed by not having an adequate passing game, he will not have that issue here. I see a guy with 1st round talent who dropped all the way to the end of the draft, I think even Todd McShay had him at a first round grade at some point during the year. He has the potential to be a real home run hitter in this offense. If Dupre can develop fast and be somewhat efficiently he's going to be a huge boost to this offense late in the season. His big knocks are he's not overly physical, but his ability to be a deep ball guy is going to huge with one of the best if not the best deep ball QB in the NFL. Dupre I can see developing to that long ball guy like Sammy Coates is for Ben Roethlisberger. This offense already has some home-run hitters and Dupre could make that more explosive. Dupre will be a slight project, but he's a very interesting talent.

Alright, fair enough, I was actually looking at the wrong profile when I wrote that...I see a player who was royally screwed by not having an adequate passing game, he will not have that issue here. I see a guy with 1st round talent who dropped all the way to the end of the draft, I think even Todd McShay had him at a first round grade at some point during the year. He has the potential to be a real home run hitter in this offense. If Dupre can develop fast and be somewhat efficiently he's going to be a huge boost to this offense late in the season. His big knocks are he's not overly physical, but his ability to be a deep ball guy is going to huge with one of the best if not the best deep ball QB in the NFL. Dupre I can see developing to that long ball guy like Sammy Coates is for Ben Roethlisberger. This offense already has some home-run hitters and Dupre could make that more explosive. Dupre will be a slight project, but he's a very interesting talent.
    He's got real slot potential too. Great wiggle and body control.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    He's got real slot potential too. Great wiggle and body control.

I can see that as well, if he start to produce most of the Packers receivers are relatively versatile to begin with so he will get his chances when they go 4-5 wide. He's obviously still behind the Big three, but after that there is some flexibility to move up. Obviously, he'll need to get healthy first.

What the hell happened to Coach? Was he in a fight?

Sounds like Bulagas injury isn't overly serious but the x ray was clean. Report say there's not too much concern which appears to be big news. Its reported as a sprain week 1s a maybe but he's done for the preseason
    Last edited by IRNMN; 08-24-2017 at 10:27 PM.

"I would say anywhere between two to four more years. I think four moreŚso this one and three moreŚwould be my max," Nelson said. "That would put me at 13 years. I'd be happy with that, obviously. At some point I have to get my family back to Kansas."
    Sounds like Jordy is eyeing retirement says he only has 2-4 more years left.

Sounds like Jordy is eyeing retirement says he only has 2-4 more years left.
    That's fine with me. I think he can still play on an elite level for a few more seasons but in 4 years he will be 35 years old. There are some 35 year old receivers that have continued to play at a high level but chances are that his abilities will really be starting to decline at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    That's fine with me. I think he can still play on an elite level for a few more seasons but in 4 years he will be 35 years old. There are some 35 year old receivers that have continued to play at a high level but chances are that his abilities will really be starting to decline at that point.
    I agree and I would hate to see another situation like Donald Driver where he was getting to that point maybe had one more year, but the team wanted to move on. Obviously would love to see Jordy retire a Packer.

According to Ian rappaport, Ahmad brooks is visiting the packers. Not sure how much he has left, but he'd make me feel more comfortable with the olb situation if we sign him. I'm sure his snaps would be fairly limited, but that might be exactly what he needs at this point. I don't mind fackerall and Elliot, but if anyone gets banged up, we are having Gilbert play meaningful snaps, and that's not good.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I actually think that the player injury concern is way overblown. All this CTE research means almost nothing and I less I was a player with chronic concussion issues I wouldn't worry about it. I think the players union is pushing the CTE concern to gain leverage in the next collective barganing agreement.

I've got several issues with the CTE research, and maybe football truly is dangerous (but I don't think a few players developing neurological disorders proves anything). Overall issues are still relatively rare, and if you compare them to the amount of people who don't play football its not a staggering difference. The recent study that came out where the claim was "99% of former NFL players showed signs of CTE". Okay? But what exactly does that mean. How exactly does CTE relate to mental disorders? Is there a varying degree of CTE? What amount of CTE puts a player over the top? How did those brains relate to others is society?

To me CTE in its current state is a useless concept that is meant to frighten people. But other than the fact that it "shows there has been trauma to the brain" it doesn't mean anything. I'm fairly conviced that if you studied the brains of 50-60 year old men that didn't play in the NFL an extremely high percentage of those adults would also show signs of CTE.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast