Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Packers News 2017

I figured we needed a thread just for any news that you hear about players, coaches, or the team.

The first thing up:

Michael Cohen ‎@Michael_Cohen13

#Packers S Jermaine Whitehead was cited for driving 110 mph in a 70 mph zone on May 19. Incident report says three teammates were with him.

RIP Gene Wilder

We using this for OTA news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

We using this for OTA news?
    yeah we can do OTA's in here then when TC comes around I will make a TC thread

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    yeah we can do OTA's in here then when TC comes around I will make a TC thread
    K cool.

I don't have any tweets but it sounds like Josh Jones has been a standout so far. All over the place it seems.

K cool.

I don't have any tweets but it sounds like Josh Jones has been a standout so far. All over the place it seems.
    yeah if I think about it later I will go through the twitter feed and post some of the tweets but, it seemed like he had 3 or 4 PDs against Rodgers and one was nearly picked.

I know its early and just practice but, he has been the stand out so far

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    yeah if I think about it later I will go through the twitter feed and post some of the tweets but, it seemed like he had 3 or 4 PDs against Rodgers and one was nearly picked.

I know its early and just practice but, he has been the stand out so far
    That's awesome. I hadn't even seen any tweets just what I saw someone saw pretty much.

I would follow more packers guys

I'm expecting Jones and King to have substantial roles. This doesn't excite me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting storyline to follow that norm and I discussed is the punt return game. Cobb, Davis, yancey, Rollins and Crockett all fielded punts yesterday. From as far as I can tell, I don't know that yancey, Rollins or Crockett really returned in college at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Interesting storyline to follow that norm and I discussed is the punt return game. Cobb, Davis, yancey, Rollins and Crockett all fielded punts yesterday. From as far as I can tell, I don't know that yancey, Rollins or Crockett really returned in college at all.
    Crockett did. I posted about it somewhere once. I don't recall how much.

I could see Yancey being a Hyde like returner if he's comfortable fielding them.

gbpackers12

if you ever check this, you are unbanned.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...8#post31532298

here are some tweets from yesterday's practice.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 May 23

Rookie Josh Jones is doing positional drills with the safeties today. He had worked with ILBs during rookie minicamp. #Packers

Not practicing:

Schum (injury)
    King (qtrs)
    Goodson (injury)
    Biegel (injury)
    C. Matthews (personal)
    Letuligasenoa (qtrs)
    M. Clark (injury)

#Packers running skeleton drill with WR/TE and DBs. Josh Jones slammed into Jeff Janis after a deep pass. Players not even wearing pads.

As expected, Jahri Evans taking first-team reps at right guard. Don Barclay working at center with Corey Linsley recovering from injury.

You can add Corey Linsley (injury) to this. He was here during warmups and then did not participate in drills.

Josh Jones getting a lot of reps at ILB during team drills. Nearly intercepted a pass intended for TE Beau Sandland. #Packers

#Packers CB Quinten Rollins told me he had groin surgery after the season. He saw the same Philadelphia-based doctor as Damarious Randall.

Jason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde May 23

With C Corey Linsley (ankle) not practicing, #Packers No. 1 offensive line was Bakhtiari, Taylor, Barclay, Evans and Bulaga left-to-right.

Meanwhile, #Packers opened in nickel defensively with LaDarius Gunter and Davon House at corner and Kentrell Brice in the slot.

Other early, take-it-for-what-it's-worth #Packers observations: Jeff Janis looks bigger/thicker, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix very vocal at practice.

Among injured #Packers not practicing today:
    P Jacob Schum
    CB Demetri Goodson
    OLB Vince Biegel
    C Corey Linsley
    DT Letroy Guion dropped out.

Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. Expected for minicamp.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod May 23

Josh Jones has had a few nice breakups thus far #Packers

Brett Hundley with a terrific throw hits Trevor Davis in stride down sideline in two minute #Packers

Damarious Randall grabs a pick to end two minute #Packers

Ryan Wood‏@ByRyanWood May 23

Working punt return reps: Randall Cobb, Quinten Rollins, Trevor Davis, WR DeAngelo Yancey, WR Montay Crockett,

#Packers rookie safety Josh Jones lays a big hit on WR Jeff Janis in pass drills, despite no pads. That's a no-no. Rookie mistake.

Aaron Taylor, undrafted rookie safety out of Ball State, wearing No. 37. Didn't take #Packers long to move on with Sam Shield's old number.

#Packers S Morgan Burnett got a lot of reps as nickel LB/slot corner in team period, with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Kentrell Brice at safety.

Josh Jones, playing nickel LB, makes nice play cutting underneath TE Beau Sandland to break up pass. Good closing speed for #Packers rookie.

#Packers rookie Josh Jones with another breakup, this time an Aaron Rodgers pass intended for Randall Cobb. Kid can run.

Looks like plan is for #Packers CB Damarious Randall to line up in slot. With Kevin King absent, Davon House + LaDarius Gunter on perimeter.

Damarious Randall, working in slot, leaps in front of Geronimo Allison for soaring INT against Brett Hundley. Flashing those ball skills.

#Packers RB Ty Montgomery said his playing weight is 220 pounds, same as last season after making switch to RB. At 6-foot, that's not small.

RIP Gene Wilder

I like to see Randall at nickel. We talked quite a bit about someone taking over that "hyde" role on the defense and I think it could be him. He has good ball skills, but he'll need to clean up his technique. He's not a burner but has pretty decent speed where I don't see that being the issue. Hopefully king and house grab the outside roles and Randall can play in the slot.

I like to see Randall at nickel. We talked quite a bit about someone taking over that "hyde" role on the defense and I think it could be him. He has good ball skills, but he'll need to clean up his technique. He's not a burner but has pretty decent speed where I don't see that being the issue. Hopefully king and house grab the outside roles and Randall can play in the slot.
    I agree I like Randall at nickel for now but, I think Randall could still be a good outside corner, I just think he had a lot of stuff going against him last year, IE injuries, Sam shields getting hurt, etc.

Bringing in Davon House should help Randall some because of the veteran presence and I think you will see him take the next step with this being year 3.

RIP Gene Wilder

I agree, I think he can be a decent outside guy, but I think he might be a really good nickel guy. And the more pass heavy the league gets, the more important that a lot guy gets.

I agree, I think he can be a decent outside guy, but I think he might be a really good nickel guy. And the more pass heavy the league gets, the more important that a lot guy gets.
    yeah I get ya. I just wonder where Rollins will fit in then. House is just a Band-aid so I think he is there for a year maybe 2, you have King most likely getting the one outside spot and I would think Randall takes the other side and Rollins fits the slot.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast