Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    Kevin king could win DPOY 5 times in his career and people on here would still say itís the wrong pick.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Kevin king could win DPOY 5 times in his career and people on here would still say itís the wrong pick.
    King could become DPOY next year and Watt could have a bad season. for 20% or 25% of their current contracts Watt is an impact player who is nearly fully developed. he is as disruptive as Clay was. he over pursues. he is not perfect. if you look at my draft comments i was second guessing the Watt pick. i cannot predict the future. in the here and now Watt is THE guy. King is still what a project? i don't dislike King. i love his attitude. his play... so far meh.

I would agree I think King was the right pick, filled a need and he showed some promise, but inexperience, injuries slowed him down.

I dont know if Watt puts up the same numbers here as he doesn't take over for A Harrison here. Not to mention you have new clue how other players perform in different schemes. He would have been much better than Brooks, but still way to early to call it the wrong pick. Three years from now and of King doesn't progress or is unemployed while watt is a probowler then it's safe to say, but one fragmented season is way too early.

Once the new GM is hired does he Axe MM?

Perhaps TT was too loyal to fire MM.

Either way, changes are coming and itís an exciting time to be a packers fan.

Clean the slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't often that you are gifted a home run pick and that was about as close as it comes for us in Watt. We have an aging pass rush and it only got older with the Brooks addition.

Kevin King is hopefully going to be a solid corner in this league but he wasn't the help we needed immediately.

So youíre saying the difference between watt and clay Matthews is larger than the difference between king and josh Hawkins? Because thatís basically what it was. To pretend that corner wasnít a huge need last off-season is a complete joke.

So youíre saying the difference between watt and clay Matthews is larger than the difference between king and josh Hawkins? Because thatís basically what it was. To pretend that corner wasnít a huge need last off-season is a complete joke.
    I don't think that anyone is pretending corner wasn't a huge need. But yes the difference between Watt and Matthews is much larger than the difference between King and Hawkins in terms of immediate impact.

Great job anticipating we would be down to our 6th string right tackle. Our offensive line wasnít the problem until we had a boatload of injuries.
    Great job at reading comprehension ... more guys... depth .... we had none ... and before someone says no nfl team does... is that an excuse? We had the cap space and let go of two guys more than capable of keeping Rodgers upright

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Once the new GM is hired does he Axe MM?

Perhaps TT was too loyal to fire MM.

Either way, changes are coming and itís an exciting time to be a packers fan.

Clean the slate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít think so... MM has been great at running the offense. I think he gets a shot to do that. A warm seat no doubt but I think he deserves a shot.

Sitton, tretter and Lang would have done nothing to help with the biggest issue on the line, which was RT. They are all interior guys and Taylor, linsley and Evans really werenít much worse than Lang and Sitton and cost a fraction of the cost.

If we would have had one of bulaga or Murphy make all the starts at RT, the line would have been fine. Our swing tackle in Murphy was as good as most swing tackles. I really donít understand what people expect. So we resign Lang and tretter last year. Then we donít sign Evans, so thereís no extra depth there. And linsley likely walks this offseason. So we arenít in signficantly better shape, especially from a depth perspective, which is your complaint. And now we have less money after signing Lang to a huge contract with big guaranteed money, for a guy whoís been banged up a ton.

If your issue is depth, which to mention in your post, Lang and tretter signing does virtually nothing for depth. The only difference would be tretter probsbly starts at guard for the 3 games Lucas Patrick played in (2 of which Evans was probably healthy enough to suit up for but they didnít matter).

Que all the McCarthy haters he was just extended through 2019.

Corner remains a need. My Lord was Davon House trash this year. Countless times just chasing the receiver but never being close to deflecting passes. Long, short, intermediate - the whole route tree House could not cover all year. I'd take Hawkins over him. That being said...I don't think GB is that far off....I like Randall more than most and he played really well the second half of the season and King if he can stay healthy...that gives you 2 at least serviceable CBs.

I would agree. I would argue that this defense is really only 2 players away from being a pretty decent defense, and those players are a legit starting corner (probsbly a number 1 type) and another pass rusher, espeically if haha bounces back at safety.

There are some decent looking depth caliber CB's on the FA market, and now Ted has stepped down we may be willing to reach out to them. While I hope the new GM doesn't abandon the mentality Thompson had towards the draft and giving UDFA's a chance, I think in areas where you know your weak he needs to reach out to free agents. Packers have to bring Burnett back at safety and they should be solid for the most part at safety Ha Ha, Burnett, and Jones a nice foundation they have some ok depth behind them.

I know this likely won't happen. However, they could go all in and eliminate all corner concerns if Trumane Johnson or Malcolm Butler hit the open market. Don't know if they will have the cap space to land either. However, bring back Burnett and add one of the top CB's this defense is looking promising regardless of who the new DC could be. Doubt they go out and get a top CB like Johnson or Butler, but it would be nice.

Before Burnett even gets a chance he's resigning needs to be player concern 1 or 2 depending on where you rank Rodgers extesion, either way both of those matters are 1-2 in terms of players.

Kevin King was decent this year he made some mistakes but, that is expected of rookies but, he also had a lingering injury and I think that hindered him from making the next step. He started to really come on until the shoulder injury got too much for him to handle. I think he said that it popped out of the socket upwards of 13 times yet he was still playing.

At the point when the draft happened, OLB was a need but, it was not the biggest need we had, the biggest need we had was CB and they filled it with the first pick.

Looking at the stats,

TJ Watt
    15 games 39 solo tackles 13 assists 10 tfls 1 int 1 FF

vs

Clay Matthews
    14 games 28 solo tackles 16 assists 9 tfls 0 ints 1 ff
    Nick Perry
    12 games 23 solo tackles 15 assists 6 tfls 0 ints 1 ff

so really our 2 starting OLBs put up similar numbers as TJ Watt, now who would TJ have replaced to put up the same numbers he had with Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh was the perfect setting for him because he could take someone elses spot. So he would have been mainly a bench player where as Kevin King came in and started right away.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast