Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Aaron Judge vs Michael Conforto

Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame no one posts in this section anymore because its an interesting debate. That said, the opinion of who is the better player probably falls across party lines. Yankee fans are going to take Judge, Met fans will take Conforto.

Trying to look at it objectively as possible, Conforto has one major advantage. Most good/great LH hitters mash RHP and considering 70% of league SP are RH, that really helps his cause.

Judge has more power and is the better fielder but Conforto probably has the better contact skills. Can't go wrong with either one.

If they both stay on their current pace it's Judge every day no matter who you follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    If they both stay on their current pace it's Judge every day no matter who you follow.
    Well the thread is also 3 weeks old and Judge is white hot at the moment. I don't doubt Judge will have the better season this year but this will probably be an evolving debate as their careers continue.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well the thread is also 3 weeks old and Judge is white hot at the moment. I don't doubt Judge will have the better season this year but this will probably be an evolving debate as their careers continue.
    I think we have two very different players here. A month ago, executives were hard pressed to choose Judge over Conforto. Now Judge looks like a future Alex Rodriguez while Conforto looks more like Ryan Zimmerman. There's no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I think we have two very different players here. A month ago, executives were hard pressed to choose Judge over Conforto. Now Judge looks like a future Alex Rodriguez while Conforto looks more like Ryan Zimmerman. There's no comparison.
    This is dependent on if Judge can continue this type of play in future seasons. As great he has been, I highly doubt he has more seasons where he has a 1.350 OPS at home. Odds are he won't continue doing that this season either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-28-2017 at 12:04 AM.

I have Judge all day any day
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is dependent on if Judge can continue this type of play in future seasons. As great he has been, I highly doubt he has more seasons where he has a 1.350 OPS at home. Odds are he won't continue doing that this season either.
    .167 average and mid .675 OPS combined in his last 100 PAs. So now we will find out if he can adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    I have Judge all day any day
    Not for the last month, you'd be significantly better off with Conforto: .300 AVG and .975 OPS.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Judge had a Godly first half and now they have figured him out, let's see if he can fix the issues he is having.

I think going career wise this two will be a lot closer, this year I'll give it to Judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk