Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the Lakers trade for Paul George or wait until 2018?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade

3 17.65%
  • Wait till 2018

14 82.35%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should the Lakers trade for Paul George or should they wait until 2018?

With all of these Paul George rumors I find myself torn on whether the Lakers should trade for him, or if they should take the chance and wait for 2018. Obviously trading for him now you would have to give up some of the young assets and possibly the number 2 pick. On the other hand if Indy is smart they will trade him for something so he doesn't just walk. If he is traded to a team like the Celtics and they are competing for a championship it seems it would be hard for him to leave. I am curious of all your thoughts on this, not just Laker fans.

Hell no trade multiple young players and HELL No to trading the #2 pick.

D'angelo Russell, Deng, Hou pick. Take it or leave it.

How ****ing funny would it be if Paul George was traded for the #2 pick and then Indiana picked Ball? Oh man, I'll give a few months of my life for that.

depends on the cost. you never know what can happen in a year.

No don't trade, sign him in FA. Don't waste your assets on a guy whose probably coming regardless. Then you'll have George and if you want to put your assets together to build a super team you'll have these guys to deal if needed (Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, 2017 draft pick, 2018 draft pick, Randle, Zubac). The Lakers are about to have assets out the *** although I don't think it would be terrible to draft Josh Jackson and just build the young core either.

Russell/Clarkson
    Jackson
    Ingram
    Randle/Nance
    Zubac

Ingram and Jackson on the wings have crazy 2 way potential. Maybe we could see what could've been had Inidiana Kept Kawhi and had George and Kawhi together.

i hope they wait as a sixer fan so they stay in the lottery... even with PG they have no shot for years... but waiting isnt as easy as expecting it to work out much like westy.. remember how much it was a sure thing westy was a laker? if PG13 gets traded to the celtics and they go to the finals or push bron to the limit next year do you really think he would leave and go to the lakers to be stuck in hell for years like with the pacers?

Wait till 2018. See how Lonzo plays. See if his dad becomes a total clown or not. See if Lonzo can co-exist with everyone else and if his daddy doesn't throw a tantrum when PG is the 1st option on the team. There's no point in trading very good pieces for a player who might dip after a season because you're flat-out terrible and the dad is basically calling all the shots. Find a way to get Mozgov and Deng off the team and free up cap space. Make a run for PG and Cousins. They got a nice future ahead of them but PG seems destined for the Lakers. No point in giving up something when it'll be yours anyways.

The thing is I don't think they'll have the cap room to sign him outright unless they can get rid of Deng or Mozgov.. They'll most likely have to trade some assists to get rid of those guys.. I think they should target Butler this summer in a trade and then go after PG next summer..

They are in a tough situation:

If they trade for him they are likely in a position where they give up a whole lot of their assets.

But if they wait to sign him that means they will have to create cap room, which means giving up assets to move high salary guys off the team.

So in both cases they are going to have to give up assets. They are a no win situation.

NOT MY GM

With the Bulls having interest in Deangelo Russel I would try to trade Russel + other assets not named #2 pick for Butler. Then try to Sign PG once he is a FA and build around a core of

Ball
    Butler
    PG
    Ingram
    Randle/Zubac

If you can keep Zubac/Randle or Clarkson that's an added bonus, but they'll need to dangle them out there to help unload the contracts of Mozgov and Deng

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Hell no trade multiple young players and HELL No to trading the #2 pick.

D'angelo Russell, Deng, Hou pick. Take it or leave it.
    Deng is negative value like Mozgov. It would take a first round pick or young piece just to salary dump one of them. Yet ya want PG13 tossed in for free? Rockets pick is late so not much value. So if you want PG13 for free you will have to sign him season after next. So then you can nose dive one more year in the lottery with Ball.

They should learn from the Knicks mistake. Don't trade for him, wait for him to sign.

Lakers should be more focused on packaging assets to try to unload Deng and Mozgov. Wait until PG is a free agent. Indiana should deal PG for the best package, period.

My guess is the Pacers will want two of Ingram/Russell/#2 (probably add in Moz or Deng to help with flexibly) to get the deal done and I doubt the Lakers will part with that much. They will probably wait it out and hope that he doesn't get traded to a contending team and likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    My guess is the Pacers will want two of Ingram/Russell/#2 (probably add in Moz or Deng to help with flexibly) to get the deal done and I doubt the Lakers will part with that much. They will probably wait it out and hope that he doesn't get traded to a contending team and likes it.
    I bet Ingram,Russell,#2 would get the Pacers listening. That be a good offer. Cause early on it seemed like PG13 kinda regressed. But then picked up his game end of the season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast