Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    The only way we should trade for PG is if it's Randle and or Clarkson in the deal with Moz/Deng going too.

Despite the hate, I don't think you trade DLo in a dump package.
    I really just don't see dangelo Russell's fit.. lonzo Ingram PG.. does dangelo come off the bench? I think the lakers will trade him somewhere at some point.. I've been saying it for months but I think at least one of russell/Randle is gonna be traded and the way that this offseason is shaping up, I think dangelo is starting to look like the odd man out given that the lakers will likely draft a point guard and look to add a wing in PG in addition to already having Ingram here. I don't want it to be a "dump type move".. I think dangelo is probably the most valuable trade piece (meaning there are others on lakers that I wouldn't want to trade at all unless it's for a star but russell is probably the most valuable among other teams that is tradable). So knowing that he's the most valuable tradable piece, I want good value.. I don't just wanna dump him.. maybe the lakers can somehow do some sort of 3 way that involves the Knicks and the lakers trade away Randle and russell and bring in porzingis who is currently frustrated with the Knicks (and Knicks really liked dangelo at one point, probably still do). I'd be all over that.. I really like Randle but if porzingis is coming back then I'm all over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

So... landing a top-10 player while concurrently shedding Deng's heinous contract is considered a "dump package?" Just because Russell would be the theoretical centerpiece?

Ha..

Idk what anyone sees in that knock-kneed charlatan..

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    So... landing a top-10 player while concurrently shedding Deng's heinous contract is considered a "dump package?" Just because Russell would be the theoretical centerpiece?

Ha..

Idk what anyone sees in that knock-kneed charlatan..
    I really think he's on the way out.. I know you're not a fan of lonzo ball (I'd actually really prefer JJ because I'm all about that nasty Ron artest mouthy guy that plays strong defense but I'm fine with ball), but I think lakers will draft ball and try to trade Russell for a star somewhere, who knows maybe Deng or mozgov will be included

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    I've been saying it the whole time. Let him come here via FA, if he doesn't come here **** it, probably means he would've left if we traded for him anyway. Let him come here as a FA and lets keep all our assets.
    If the Lakers trade for him it won't happen unless he agrees to an extension before the trade... just like Harden did with the Rockets.

As for trading for PG... it still makes sense if you can get rid of deng or moz

the real question is would Chicago take a package of Deng/Randle/DLo/Hou pick for Butler... then you sign PG next year

I'm starting to like the idea of trading for another star more and more and having PG sign in 2018.

But we can't bring Ingram off the bench? Can we? Would that actually help his development.

I agree with you guys a lot we need to make a move this off-season. Deng & Mozgov is killing us! ****ing Jimbaco!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I'm starting to like the idea of trading for another star more and more and having PG sign in 2018.

But we can't bring Ingram off the bench? Can we? Would that actually help his development.

I agree with you guys a lot we need to make a move this off-season. Deng & Mozgov is killing us! ****ing Jimbaco!
    Butler plays both the 2 and 3

as for Ingram... earn the PT ...

just think about what a defensive upgrade Butler would be to this team...

I don't want to give up a ton for Butler but the above package is reasonable especially when you consider his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I really think he's on the way out.. I know you're not a fan of lonzo ball (I'd actually really prefer JJ because I'm all about that nasty Ron artest mouthy guy that plays strong defense but I'm fine with ball), but I think lakers will draft ball and try to trade Russell for a star somewhere, who knows maybe Deng or mozgov will be included

Well, dubb..

I'll pull back the curtain and say...

Ball is beginning to grow on me.

I can get on board with that trade, Ingram would start this year and off the bench after that? That's the only hard part there but I can definitely get on board with trading for another star and signing PG in 2018.

The way I look at it, we can get another player now and sign PG13 or trade for PG13 now shedding Deng or Mozgov and make a move for a top FA in 2018.

Sounds pretty good to me. Trade for another star sign pg13 in 2018. Ad long as we dont gut the team in doing so. I think it'd make us even more appealing to him

It just seems like he wants us to have as many assets or good players on the team when he comes here so he doesnt end up here by himself and bein the la pacers.

I like butler but does a team of butler george ingram work? Ingram off the bench or do we start george or him at the 4?

Ball
    Butler
    Ingram
    George
    Zu

Or
    Ball
    Butler
    George/ingram off bench?
    Nance?
    Zu

Well, dubb..

Me too... mainly because its starting to look as if george is very realistic possibility

If he wasn't or if we find before the draft he isnt then i still say go w JJ because JJ/ingram is (or rather will be) close to Ingram/pg13 someday

They could also just be sending out this smoke signal to indy so that when it comes time to trade for george the asking price is significantly lowered since we "know george will come here for free in 2018"

If this is the case, its the smartest thing our front office has done since getting pau

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I can get on board with that trade, Ingram would start this year and off the bench after that? That's the only hard part there but I can definitely get on board with trading for another star and signing PG in 2018.

The way I look at it, we can get another player now and sign PG13 or trade for PG13 now shedding Deng or Mozgov and make a move for a top FA in 2018.
    The one good thing about trading for PG is that we can go over the cap to resign him in 2018

^^^^ yep allowing us to sign another star first and then signing him

Plus a trade for george would HAVE to include deng/moz to make the money work so that's a huge plus tp trading for him

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    The one good thing about trading for PG is that we can go over the cap to resign him in 2018
    ^^^

Your baby can't do this

Well, dubb..

He's an interesting pick because the lakers run a lot of pick n roll and that's an area that ball has struggled with in college because of his unorthodox shooting form, especially off the dribble. That being said, I think he's smart enough to make adjustments in the NBA and may actually be able to turn it into a strength in time.. Who knows

Edit: If the lakers trade for ball, I really want Russell out though because that back court defense will be absolutely awful.. Moving Ingram to shooting guard should improve it somewhat

Your baby can't do this

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast