Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Breaking! WOJ: Lakers plan to hold on to their assets and sign PG13 in 2018

Paul George and the Lakers are rather publicly flirting with each other.

It sounds as if there’s more backchannel communications going to Los Angeles about the Pacers forward, who can opt out of his contract in 2018.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

For the Lakers, they are pretty confident and have a great deal of belief that they’re in position to get Paul George in 2018. Whether he stays in Indiana or he’s traded elsewhere, he’s going to be a free agent in 18 if he doesn’t re-sign this summer in Indiana. They don’t have to give assets up to go and try to trade for him. In fact, I think they’ve been encouraged to do just the opposite. If Paul George is going to go there, he wants them to have assets. He wants them to be as good of a team as they can when he walks in.
    With George missing the All-NBA teams, an extension this year is completely illogical. Whether he remains in Indiana or gets traded, he’ll almost certainly become an unrestricted free agent in 2018.

George could earn more on his next contract if the Lakers trade for him first and then he re-signs in Los Angeles rather than leaving a prior team for the Lakers. The difference – $177 million over five years (about $35 million annually) vs. $132 million over four years (about $33 million annually) – is real, but it’s not necessarily enough to outweigh playing for a better team.

The Lakers have some nice young building blocks: D'Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr., Ivica Zubac and the No. 2 pick in the upcoming draft (Lonzo Ball?). George could join them just as they’re ready to win and reap outsized credit for turning around the franchise. There’s value in that.

But this doesn’t necessarily mean George will sign with the Lakers.

Even if he or someone from his camp instructed the Lakers not to trade for him, George could just be getting his ducks in a row just in case. If George is even considering the Lakers, why not use his leverage to make Los Angeles as desirable an option as possible? He could also tell numerous teams, including Indiana, what would please him the most. That would just increase his chances of finding an ideal team in 2018, even if he doesn’t yet know which team that will be. Remember, Kevin Durant told the Celtics (and, I’d guess, other teams) what players he wanted to join him and then signed with the Warriors.

Or maybe George doesn’t want to be pigeonholed into Los Angeles yet. If the Lakers trade for him, he’d face immense backlash if he leaves his hometown team in free agency. This could just be George’s way of biding time as he evaluates options.

The Lakers’ optimism means something. But, even after regime change, it doesn’t mean everything.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/rumor-...202202842.html

Yeah him not making an all nba team really boosts his chance of leaving indy via fa since he doesnt have to make the choice of turning down that super max money deal

Trade Russell and Deng for PG13. Indiana is screwed here, they better get something, anything and not just let him walk.

I wouldnt even offee dlo at this point. If pg13 has seriously told them to chill hes comin home id offer em deng+28 max. Take it or leave it 😂😂🤣

Boston or any other team for thsy matter wont give up anything significant for him if they know or have good reason to believe hea gonna go to la in 2018

Major plus side to getting him via trade and having him next year is he significantly improves our team and that 2018 first rounder going to the 6ers goes from top 10 to somewhere in the teens.

Fhuck the 6ers i wanna send em a not as good pick lol
    Last edited by LA4life24/8; 05-18-2017 at 09:05 PM.

I still think some team will trade for PG eventually, this just means the asking price will be extremely low.. PG leaving Indiana is now inevitable. Indiana will need to try to get anything they can for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

We need to unload Deng/Mozgov to even remotely be a player in 2018. If they can take one of those contracts and we still get PG, that's a grand slam this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    I wouldnt even offee dlo at this point. If pg13 has seriously told them to chill hes comin home id offer em deng+28 max. Take it or leave it 😂😂🤣
    Lol right but hypothetically who comes off the bench? Russell? I don't want to bring Ingram off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lol right but hypothetically who comes off the bench? Russell? I don't want to bring Ingram off the bench.
    Lol depends on the team we are playing? George CAN play the 4 at times. Have randle jc nance nwaba off the bench a lot?

Id start

Ball
    Dlo
    Ingram
    George
    Zu
    Against a lot of teams (warriors are my main thought)

George doesnt like the 4 i know so its prolly not likely, but having too many "starters" usually isnt a terrible thing if they all buy in to winning and not who is starting or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    We need to unload Deng/Mozgov to even remotely be a player in 2018. If they can take one of those contracts and we still get PG, that's a grand slam this off-season.
    Yeah we do. If we can keep dlo id be happy just because but if its dlo+deng ill live w that.

Does jc+deng+28 get it done? Does it work $$ wise?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I still think some team will trade for PG eventually, this just means the asking price will be extremely low.. PG leaving Indiana is now inevitable. Indiana will need to try to get anything they can for him.

Yeaah true. But if its super low we can beat it w a super low offer still

Deng+jc+28?

Sorry for the multiple poste in a row btw, on my phone i haven't quite figured out how to quote multiple posts in one post

Also im just sooo fhuckin pumped on keeping our pick, pg13 in P&G, our front office not being complete incompetents, and our future!

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Yeaah true. But if its super low we can beat it w a super low offer still

Deng+jc+28?
    Yea I'm starting to think any offer will be something similar to that ^^

Supposedly paul George's reps are telling teams that he is dead set on going to the lakers even if they trade for him.. whether that's true or not, who knows.. but if it is true, teams aren't gonna offer much if anything at all

As for dangelo russell, I think the lakers will draft lonzo, trade for PG or at least try to sign him in 2018, and move Ingram to shooting guard.. that leaves out russell.. I'd try to see what lakers can get for russell and first place I'd check in on is New York.. Supposedly porzingis is getting unhappy with the organization and may want out, he declined exit interviews with the team.. Also, New York at one point was absolutely in love with dangelo during the draft process.. they may still hold him in high value. Russell plus a filler to sweeten pot for porzingis

Your baby can't do this

I'm very encouraged by Magic and Pelinka so far...
    I think they really get it...
    WE rolling with this lineup in 2017
    Ball
    Russell
    Ingram
    Randle
    Zubac

And let the chips fall where they may...
    Load up the bench back up and let's roll..

n the immediate aftermath of the 2017 trade deadline, word broke that the Atlanta Hawks reportedly offered “aggressive” trade packages for both Chicago Bulls swingman Jimmy Butler and Indiana Pacers forward Paul George. For the most part, that was seen as more of a peripheral nugget in the swarm of trade talks surrounding both All-Stars but, on Thursday, an interesting addendum came to light.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN brings word that the package put forth for Paul George was, indeed, quite aggressive and specifics are below.

Several teams made trade offers for George in February, including the Atlanta Hawks, who offered four first-round picks in exchange for him.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast