Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The Yoenis Cespedes trade is looking more and more like a terrible trade from the Mets perspective.

We traded Fulmer for a rental then essentially bought 5 years of a Cespedes who can't even take the field. Fulmer is top 3 AL pitchers this year while Yo maintained a measles 3 WAR for 27 mil last year.

All while we could really use Fulmer.

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20 but let this be a lesson for the Mets not to go after rentals and not to offer long term contracts to any player over 30...especially when you're aware of health concerns like we were in Yo.
    I would have traded Matz.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The Yoenis Cespedes trade is looking more and more like a terrible trade from the Mets perspective.

We traded Fulmer for a rental then essentially bought 5 years of a Cespedes who can't even take the field. Fulmer is top 3 AL pitchers this year while Yo maintained a measles 3 WAR for 27 mil last year.

All while we could really use Fulmer.

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20 but let this be a lesson for the Mets not to go after rentals and not to offer long term contracts to any player over 30...especially when you're aware of health concerns like we were in Yo.
    I hated trading Fulmer, but Cespedes is the exact player that we needed.

We have enough homegrown pitching, how about the Mets finally sign a quality arm?

You could also make the argument that the Mets would have been better off keeping Murphy over Cespedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would have traded Matz.
    Same here. Way too injury prone.

The Bullpen blows one again!

Build better Bullpens!

Brad Hand

The Padres are seeking a “Will Smith” type of return for lefty setup man Brad Hand, one rival executive tell Rosenthal. The Brewers traded Smith to the Giants last season in exchange for right-hander Phil Bickford, who at the time was 14 months removed from being a first-round pick, and catcher Andrew Susac — a former top prospect with MLB experience already under his belt.

The Padres, of course, needn’t look to mirror that exact structure, but it seems fair to believe that GM A.J. Preller and his staff are hopeful of acquiring one near-MLB-ready asset and another highly touted young prospect in any deal for Hand, who is controllable through 2019.

A pair of recent rough outings have made Hand’s numbers look a bit more mortal, but he’s still sporting a strong 2.84 ERA with 11.4 K/9, 2.8 BB/9 and a 50 percent ground-ball rate through 38 innings.
    -- mlbtr
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Don't know where to post this but I'm really concerned about Matt Harvey's career going forward. I think the Mets need to act like he's at best a 5th SP when he comes back and pick up a SP in his place.

There has just been way too many arm injuries at this point and it may be premature but this could be near the end for him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-26-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Don't know where to post this but I'm really concerned about Matt Harvey's career going forward. I think the Mets need to act like he's at best a 5th SP when he comes back and pick up a SP in his place.

There has just been way too many arm injuries at this point and it may be premature but this could be near the end for him.
    It's just crazy to think how damn good he was during his first couple of seasons. Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we fix this pitching crisis?

So...this isn't an industry standard by any means...but, when a pitcher gives up 3 hits or less it's almost a guarantee your team is gonna win. When a pitcher gives up 4 ER or more, it's generally a pretty poor start.

In Harveys first 36 starts, in 12 (33 %) of those he gave up 3 hits or less. In that timeframe he only had 5 (13 %) starts where he gave up 4 ER or more (never more than 5).

In his last 30 starts He's had 4 (13%) starts with 3 hits or less and 11 (37%) starts where he's given up 4 ER or more.

It's a shame, because we were thinking those first 36 starts were just the tip of the iceberg...

(((For reference...In Syndergaard's 59 starts thus far in his career he has had 10 starts (17%) where he's given up 3 hits or less and he also has 10 starts (17%) where he's given up 4 ER or more.

In Degroms 91 starts...he has a 19% chance of giving up 3 hits or less in a start, and a 15% chance of giving up 4 ER or more.

In Matzs 31 starts he has a 19% chance of each category.

In Wheelers 62 starts he has a 15% chance of a great start, and a 24% chance of a poor start))))

*****in Kershaws last 5 years of starts he's had a rate of 32% chance of a great start and a 10% chance of a poor start. So in Harvey's first 36 starts he was putting up Kershaw CY Young like #'s, 33%/13%

Last edited by n8ghee; 06-26-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

If I were the Mets, I would send him to the minors and keep him there and hopefully he recaptures some of his success. There is no sense at this point to bring him back to the parent club. Let him work out the kinks with Frank V and start over next year.

I think Harvey is a non-tender candidate.

I still don't want to give up on Harvey yet, but I'd completely understand it, if we did.

You can't always have your cake, and eat it. (The cake currently tastes like trash right now)

So how do you fix the pitching Crisis?

Trade Reed or Bruce to the Rangers for Mendez.

Trade Duda to the Yanks for Adams.

Trade deGrom to either the Yanks for Torres, Rutherford and Sheffield or to
    The Astros for Bregman, Martes and Whitley.

Make it happen Omah!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think Harvey is a non-tender candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I still don't want to give up on Harvey yet, but I'd completely understand it, if we did.

You can't always have your cake, and eat it. (The cake currently tastes like trash right now)

I said Harvey's trade value was at its peak 4-6 weeks ago. He still has value though. Some team will take a shot at "fixing" him - or try him in the BP, ego permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I said Harvey's trade value was at its peak 4-6 weeks ago. He still has value though. Some team will take a shot at "fixing" him - or try him in the BP, ego permitting.
    Considering the state of our bp, it should be us

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast