Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

How do we fix this pitching crisis?

Well? Any ideas?

I got nothing
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I've been a Met fan since 1973 and this is the worst staff they've ever had. Yes even the Anthony Young 1995 staff was better. This staff is just not very good, we've overrated them. We did the same thing with the Wilson, Isringhausen and Pulsipher years, when will we ever learn?
    It's just not fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Well? Any ideas?

I got nothing
    I would start by getting rid of Warthen...

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Well? Any ideas?

I got nothing
    I would start by getting rid of Warthen...
    Given that all the pitchers can't be replaced, firing Warthen has to be the move and it needs to happen ASAP. Something has to be done to at least try to salvage some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I've been a Met fan since 1973 and this is the worst staff they've ever had. Yes even the Anthony Young 1995 staff was better. This staff is just not very good, we've overrated them. We did the same thing with the Wilson, Isringhausen and Pulsipher years, when will we ever learn?
    It's just not fixable.
    These group of guys have already significantly more success than the 3 you mentioned with the exception of Isringhausen who needed to redefine his career as a closer. The story isn't completely told on these guys either. deGrom, Matz, Syndergaard, Wheeler are still effective and they are all relatively young with the exception of deGrom (not that 29 is old). Even Harvey may found some semblance of what he was. Its not fair to close the book entirely on these guys or for that matter compare them to Generation K.

Because as evidence by the last 2 seasons, they've accomplished a ton more than Generation K ever did.

How do we fix this pitching crisis?

No fixing this.

People need to perform. You can't replace 3/5 of your starting rotation mid season.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    No fixing this.

People need to perform. You can't replace 3/5 of your starting rotation mid season.
    This. Can't reinvent the wheel now. You go forward into next season with a lion's share of these guys, bolster the pen, maybe add a different SP or two but I'll still go to war with Syndergaard, Wheeler, deGrom, Matz or Lugo next year. It's still a talented group.

Maybe they can spin Harvey for something if he builds back some of his value.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    What has happened so far is absolutely stunning. But, this is the reality. Right now, it's the worst pitching staff since the early 60's.

DFA'ing Montero, demoting Gsellman to AAA for starters. I don't who we've got in the minors, but they can't be any worse than these two guys.

Patience is in order for Matz and Lugo. But, upon their return we don't know how effective they will be. Remember, Matz has a history of being on the DL.

Warthen should be let go too.

Other than that, unless there is some miracle this is no more than a 65-70 '17 team.

I feel bad for TC. What a way for being remembered as the longest tenured manager on a loser team.

By August 1st, the roster will look completely different.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Am sure the genius will come up with a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    These group of guys have already significantly more success than the 3 you mentioned with the exception of Isringhausen who needed to redefine his career as a closer. The story isn't completely told on these guys either. deGrom, Matz, Syndergaard, Wheeler are still effective and they are all relatively young with the exception of deGrom (not that 29 is old). Even Harvey may found some semblance of what he was. Its not fair to close the book entirely on these guys or for that matter compare them to Generation K.

Because as evidence by the last 2 seasons, they've accomplished a ton more than Generation K ever did.
    I'm saying this can't be turned around at some point, my point was this is the lowest lows right now for a Mets pitching staff that was expected to be World Series contenders. And the last time I checked they didn't win when they got there. To be honest, I don't think this staff will live up to the expectations. I see deGrom and Thor still here 3 years from now not the others

Frank Viola can get these guys back on track. Gary and Keith were looking at Harvey's slight mechanical differences between Harvey today, and in 2012. Then Gary said something funny. "Dan Warthen must have access to these tapes.

I just hope Sandy doesn't wait too long to make the change everyone knows he needs to make.

You ride out the storm. The pitching staff will eventually turn around.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Not with their current pitching coach, they won't. Name one pitcher he's ever fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    I'm saying this can't be turned around at some point, my point was this is the lowest lows right now for a Mets pitching staff that was expected to be World Series contenders. And the last time I checked they didn't win when they got there. To be honest, I don't think this staff will live up to the expectations. I see deGrom and Thor still here 3 years from now not the others
    Well age is on a lot of these guy's sides. Persistent arm injuries will age a young pitcher quickly but expected World Series contenders went out the window when 3 of them went down to injury and the rest with the exception of deGrom and Wheeler have been god awful. Some will say its the beginning of the end, others will suggest its an aberration. Its probably somewhere in between those two mindsets.

To win a WS, sure, I mean the hope is they will. I never really bought into winning multiple WS because its hard enough to do it once. Either way, putting them in the same breath as Generation K still isn't fair imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-17-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Not with their current pitching coach, they won't. Name one pitcher he's ever fixed.
    deGrom

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast