Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lololol ok I've had enough of the Ball got lit up bs in the Tourny. Does anyone aftually read up on Lonzo the person? The kid absolutely adores and loves his mom, his rock, the person who has been to all of his games and was his biggest supporter.

She was in the hospital, and wasn't even able to talk. I love my mom, if she was ever in the hospital for something serious, I would not be in it mentally either, I wouldn't be able to eat or sleep.

Lonzo gets a pass from me for that, the moment Lonzo's mom was in the hospital is game rightfully so took a step back. He's a 19 year old kid.....

Lonzo ball will be the ROY and his game will excel all our youngsters, especially Ingram/Zubac. Lobs everywhere, he's going to be setting everyone up for easy buckets and open looks.

We would be fools to pass on Lonzo ""you first" Ball.... I would do my due dillegence but guarantee we'll be taking Lonzo with the second pick.
    I hope you're right, but it's by no means a guarantee or anything close to it that he will be ROY or even that he will be a successful NBA player. It's very rare to see a player come out of college where people would be shocked if he didn't turn into a superstar. I hope Ball turns out to be great, but just based on the the odds he's more likely to be the next Kendall Marshall than he is to be the next magic johnson or jason kidd. Everyone should take a wait and see approach with Ball instead of proclaiming him to be the next great player, especially without seeing him play a single game against NBA competition. Every year and throughout the season we get silly posters on here who proclaim the guys we're drafting or have already drafted will be great or are already busts. Neither of those are known in most cases until several years after the player is drafted (this includes several of our young players). Everyone should just wait and see instead making baseless bold predictions about what will or won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by joeystats View Post
    Ball's Defense.

There is some impressive stuff.

http://lakerfilmroom.com/lonzo-ball-...eport-defense/
    Thanks!

trade #28 with deng for cap space

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Keep it simple. Dlo for tatum or jackson
    Latter
    SHOW

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Me too ^^

I was trying to find some info on any proposals. Obviously teams are gonna start low and slowly increase their offers, but I wonder what the talk has been like and the teams involved.. I wonder if there have been calls from lottery teams.

Something I just thought of, but I wonder if the suns would be interested in trading for dangelo.. They supposedly have a major chub for Lonzo Ball, so given that the lakers are likely gonna select him I wonder if the suns will try to pair dangelo with Devin Booker. For the suns, it would give them a young talented back court and they are best friends too, they'd probably like to stay together if they play great. Also, would open the door wide open for Kat to eventually join them in free agency as he is also very close with both Booker and dangelo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    If the Sixers are leaning towards Tatum, then I'd definitely do that offer so we can have Josh Jackson.
    SHOW

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I hope you're right, but it's by no means a guarantee or anything close to it that he will be ROY or even that he will be a successful NBA player. It's very rare to see a player come out of college where people would be shocked if he didn't turn into a superstar. I hope Ball turns out to be great, but just based on the the odds he's more likely to be the next Kendall Marshall than he is to be the next magic johnson or jason kidd. Everyone should take a wait and see approach with Ball instead of proclaiming him to be the next great player, especially without seeing him play a single game against NBA competition. Every year and throughout the season we get silly posters on here who proclaim the guys we're drafting or have already drafted will be great or are already busts. Neither of those are known in most cases until several years after the player is drafted (this includes several of our young players). Everyone should just wait and see instead making baseless bold predictions about what will or won't happen.
    yep...

Also, I think the Lakers also need to keep an open mind with an eye toward philly who needs a PG who can shoot... if they offered to swap picks and give us the Sacto pick in 2019 I would have to think long and hard about it...

I am really hoping that someone who wants Ball trades for the Boston pick and Fultz drops to the Lakers. The workouts are going to be interesting to see if Ball truly measures up.

On a side note... if Fultz actually falls to us at 2 I can see Philly being willing to swap picks this year and give us our pick back for next year... Philly has zero shooters and I think Fultz would compliment Simmons the best since he will be so ball dominant.

Man lonzo is gonna be a bust, I can't believe you guys want to trade DLO because we may get lonzo.

If we trade DLO and draft lonzo, the lakers are gonna ****ing regret it.

Lonzo is the real deal, best pure PG coming out of the draft in the last 10-15 years. Did you even watch him play?

Lonzo is the real deal, best pure PG coming out of the draft in the last 10-15 years. Did you even watch him play?
    ummm ... put down the pipe...

I am not gonna be super negative on Ball but you have to go watch at how poor he is in the PNR... especially compared to Fultz who is a PNR animal...

I am glad we kept our pick because it gives us lots of options but people need to settle down on this kid... this place is starting to sound like praise jesus's DLO fan club all over again.

Lolol ok I might be adamant about selecting Ball. He's exactly what we need, if he goes 1, I wouldn't hesitate one second taking Fultz.

We can't argue that because UCLA's offense wasn't PnR not even close to as much as the WASH offense. I only watched Fultz play twice this year and Washington (Fultz out) 3 times but I watched all of Lonzo's games with the Bruins. He's special with how he runs an offense and finds the open man. He's exactly what we need to help Russell, Randle, Ingram, Zubac etc get open looks and elevate their games.

In about a month we'll find out who our beloved Lakers select.

Just going to add the only reason I would pass on the talented JJ is because I truly believe we will get PG13 or maybe even Butler as well.

Lolol ok I might be adamant about selecting Ball. He's exactly what we need, if he goes 1, I wouldn't hesitate one second taking Fultz.

We can't argue that because UCLA's offense wasn't PnR not even close to as much as the WASH offense. I only watched Fultz play twice this year and Washington (Fultz out) 3 times but I watched all of Lonzo's games with the Bruins. He's special with how he runs an offense and finds the open man. He's exactly what we need to help Russell, Randle, Ingram, Zubac etc get open looks and elevate their games.

In about a month we'll find out who our beloved Lakers select.

Just going to add the only reason I would pass on the talented JJ is because I truly believe we will get PG13 or maybe even Butler as well.
    That last bit, my sentiment 100%. If we find its not the case (george or butler not coming here) we gotta take JJ man. Ima lonzo fan and i think he will be a pretty damn good player but having JJ/ingram on our wings the next 12-15 years would be amazing. I think theres gonna be a time in their careers where both of them will be the best two player in the league and if we had em both? Fuuuuuu man. Just look how valuable to a team 1 (the best 2 way,kawhi) is to his team and the league and then imagine having two of em at the same time.

Im not saying either will be quite as good as kawhi (they could be tho!) But damn that sounds to good to pass up for a pure point (how has cp3s career panned out in terms of chips at least) and i love cp3 too so im not tryna hate super hard

I have ball right behind fultz and JJ (and also behind fox if the guy can develop a consistent jump shot. If fox gets a jump shot he could actually end up being one of the best picks in this draft imo, he's got everything in his game, just not a jump shot).

I think ball fits well on the lakers, so I'm happy if he's the pick.. If the lakers put the right people around ball then I think he can be very successful. Regardless who the lakers get, it's better than nobody

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I have ball right behind fultz and JJ (and also behind fox if the guy can develop a consistent jump shot. If fox gets a jump shot he could actually end up being one of the best picks in this draft imo, he's got everything in his game, just not a jump shot).

I think ball fits well on the lakers, so I'm happy if he's the pick.. If the lakers put the right people around ball then I think he can be very successful. Regardless who the lakers get, it's better than nobody

Agreed man. I got fultz jj 3a ball 3b fox i also think dsj is getting hugely underrated and is the likeliest top player to fall some. Hell be the guy looked back on and be lkle damn... he went that low (not thsy hell be better than amy of those other guys necessarily)

100% having any one of these guys is much better than no one!

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    That last bit, my sentiment 100%. If we find its not the case (george or butler not coming here) we gotta take JJ man. Ima lonzo fan and i think he will be a pretty damn good player but having JJ/ingram on our wings the next 12-15 years would be amazing. I think theres gonna be a time in their careers where both of them will be the best two player in the league and if we had em both? Fuuuuuu man. Just look how valuable to a team 1 (the best 2 way,kawhi) is to his team and the league and then imagine having two of em at the same time.

Im not saying either will be quite as good as kawhi (they could be tho!) But damn that sounds to good to pass up for a pure point (how has cp3s career panned out in terms of chips at least) and i love cp3 too so im not tryna hate super hard
    If we could ultimately sell DLO to the drafting team of JJ, I would totally be all over Lonzo Ball. I'd be willing to take the risk 100%. Those three running the floor...

That'd be an A+ offseason.
    SHOW

1. Russell is already way ahead of where Lonzo Ball will be next year.

2. NBA point guard is a much more difficult position and skillset than people here are realizing. D'Angelo has progressed really far and Lonzo hsnt even played summer league yet.

3. You trade D'Angelo and you risk Lonzo sucking while D'Angelo has an all star type year.

And its not just Dangelo having a strong year. Talk about winning with style. Dangelo can become a wicked skills kind of player that is a total highlight reel.

Listen to me now believe me later. If your expecting Lonzo to revolutionize NBA with his passing prepare to be underwhelmed.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast