Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hate to say I told you so...but...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Quoting anonymous sources doesn't mean its 100% truth but if that train has left the station, its already at its destination.

I guess the Rangers, Dodgers, and Padres have management influencing them to play through injury as well given their even more extensive DL days from 2010-2016.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-19-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Quoting anonymous sources doesn't mean its 100% truth but if that train has left the station, its already at its destination.

I guess the Rangers, Dodgers, and Padres have management influencing them to play through injury as well given their even more extensive DL days from 2010-2016.
    Man you're really not going to admit you're wrong on this one, huh?

Man you're really not going to admit you're wrong on this one, huh?
    No I just don't accept the story as 100% fact. I'm sure there are elements of truth to it but like anything, I'm sure there are things they get wrong and sources that aren't completely infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No I just don't accept the story as 100% fact. I'm sure there are elements of truth to it but like anything, I'm sure there are things they get wrong and sources that aren't completely infallible.
    You are right that without the sources you can't trust everything as 100% truth. However, it's alarming that ESPN was compelled to do a story on what is going on. When you add the element of the Wilpons, either from hearsay or reports, it makes you at least wonder if this is really true. And if it is true, is anyone really going to be surprised?

When you first read it, what was your first reaction? Was it "it can't be" or was it more along the lines of "*******!".

Told whom?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Interesting article, but what you take away depends a lot on how you choose to read it.

For example, calling something "less than ideal" doesn't mean that it "sucks". It simply means that it does not meet the highest possible standard in someone's opinion - and given that the sources are anonymous we cannot even evaluate the quality of the source. Still, even still "less than ideal" doesn't mean that something is not excellent, very good, good, fair, or poor. So "less than ideal" is really very ambiguous, not specific, and subject to wide interpretation.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Told whom?
    H8ers.

The article by Crasnick is great. Everyth many of us have been saying for years, and exa what a co thick headed people continue to try and deny.

You may have been right on point, but then again the owners are ****ing idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...dling-injuries

According to SA, the Mets are going to change or already changed how they handle injuries. This is probably as close as it gets to the team admitting the error of their ways.

Well something's clearly broken so it's about time they examine this as a systemic problem.

Don't worry. He's got this.

While it is true that the Mets injuries are more or less around league average, it is ALSO true that the Wilpons have a history of:

1) being cheap
    2) pushing players back on the field (to make more money) when they probably needed to heal more
    3) having Jeff Wilpon have too much say in the team

Pedro Martinez and JJ Putz were not wrong in complaining about his obvious problem the Mets have. Carlos Beltran is still playing today thanks to his own decision to not follow along with what the Wilpons wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    While it is true that the Mets injuries are more or less around league average, it is ALSO true that the Wilpons have a history of:

1) being cheap
    2) pushing players back on the field (to make more money) when they probably needed to heal more
    3) having Jeff Wilpon have too much say in the team

Pedro Martinez and JJ Putz were not wrong in complaining about his obvious problem the Mets have. Carlos Beltran is still playing today thanks to his own decision to not follow along with what the Wilpons wanted.
    Martinez and Putz were so long ago and before the Alderson era. Piazza typically took Sunday day games off at Shea after Saturday night games. Mets payroll was consistently among the top until the Madoff scandal hit them. Every owner has sone say...personally, my guess is that under Alderson, Jeff Wilpon has less of a voice and what voice he does gave is appropriate for ownership.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Martinez and Putz were so long ago and before the Alderson era. Piazza typically took Sunday day games off at Shea after Saturday night games. Mets payroll was consistently among the top until the Madoff scandal hit them. Every owner has sone say...personally, my guess is that under Alderson, Jeff Wilpon has less of a voice and what voice he does gave is appropriate for ownership.

ALDERSON is to blame. Terry Collins next because he should know when his guys are not playing up to par and not looking right. The coaching staff should know. The trainers should know. The player isn't going to whine. He has been raised in his baseball life, since a little t-ball player, not to whine.

But the management must identify potential problems, bring it to the front office and the front office needs to act accordingly. The player is being paid by the team - the team can force the player to have a doctor look at him.

Even though I don't like most of Jeff Wilpon's shenanigans, he is to blame only because he hasn't been involved with the rash of injuries. He needs to get in Alderson's face and hold him fully responsible.

I am certainly no doctor, but the training and conditioning teams I believe are the biggest problems for all baseball teams today. After all, Hulk Hogan and Charles Atlas were not baseball players. But Babe Ruth and Buddy Harrelson were. Allowing Cespedes to tighten his body so he loses his baseball litheness and flexibility is and example of what is wrong in baseball today. Do you need to spend millions of dollars figuring out why his hammies are always acting up? Get him away from so many reps and the amount of weight he is lifting. Get him to look more like a baseball player and less like a sumo wrestler, lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast