Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    All we need is another starting pitcher who can go 7 innings every time out.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    All we need is another starting pitcher who can go 7 innings every time out.
    Well, I'd still rather have a big bat than another SP. Hill has turned it around and we basically now have 3 of the top 10 most productive SP's over the last month in Kershaw, Wood, and Hill. If (IF) Wood and Hill can stay healthy and effective, that's 3 ace-level starters heading into the playoffs. Granted, both Wood and Hill typically only pick 5-7 innings, but I'd rather boost our bullpen to accomodate that, rather than add another SP. Not saying I'd turn one down, but would rather add Martinez or McCutchen and a stud reliever.

I'm really not sure if we need another big bat, though I'm warming up to the idea of a rental 1b with moving Bellinger back to the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle01 View Post
    Well, I'd still rather have a big bat than another SP. Hill has turned it around and we basically now have 3 of the top 10 most productive SP's over the last month in Kershaw, Wood, and Hill. If (IF) Wood and Hill can stay healthy and effective, that's 3 ace-level starters heading into the playoffs. Granted, both Wood and Hill typically only pick 5-7 innings, but I'd rather boost our bullpen to accomodate that, rather than add another SP. Not saying I'd turn one down, but would rather add Martinez or McCutchen and a stud reliever.
    We need a lock down 8th inning reliever for the playoffs. I am not comfortable with Baez protecting a one run lead in the 8th inning of a playoff game. Also a J D Marinez would be nice against lefties in that outfield rotation.

Did you all see the dumb trade deadline predictions in USA Today? Re: the Dodgers, they said

"Friedman goes massive, and acquires Pittsburgh Pirates left-handed stud Felipe Rivero for, yes, top outfield prospect Alex Verdugo, and perhaps expands the package by including Willie Calhoun and Yadier Alvarez, too. Verdugo could be a star, but Rivero is absolutely filthy, yielding a .088 batting average with only five hits in 17 1/3 innings since his first save on June 10. He would provide the Dodgers with the nastiest right-left bullpen combination in baseball."

Umm, Verdugo, Calhoun, AND Alvarez for Felipe Rivero??? I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe throw in Gerrit Cole and McCutcheon and we have a deal.

Did you all see the dumb trade deadline predictions in USA Today? Re: the Dodgers, they said

"Friedman goes massive, and acquires Pittsburgh Pirates left-handed stud Felipe Rivero for, yes, top outfield prospect Alex Verdugo, and perhaps expands the package by including Willie Calhoun and Yadier Alvarez, too. Verdugo could be a star, but Rivero is absolutely filthy, yielding a .088 batting average with only five hits in 17 1/3 innings since his first save on June 10. He would provide the Dodgers with the nastiest right-left bullpen combination in baseball."

Umm, Verdugo, Calhoun, AND Alvarez for Felipe Rivero??? I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe throw in Gerrit Cole and McCutcheon and we have a deal.
    ROT-F-FL my MFA the F off

Seriously, that must've been a Pirates fan. That was the hardest sell of LH relief pitcher I've ever seen!

I'm imagining the writer thinking, "how can I make this so ridiculously over the top that people will have to believe it has legs? Oh, I know, let's go all LeBron!!!

"Not one, not two, but maybe 3 top prospects for our decent LH reliever who's pitched a lot better than we think he's capable of."

Two words to the writer - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- you
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    ROT-F-FL my MFA the F off

Seriously, that must've been a Pirates fan. That was the hardest sell of LH relief pitcher I've ever seen!

I'm imagining the writer thinking, "how can I make this so ridiculously over the top that people will have to believe it has legs? Oh, I know, let's go all LeBron!!!

"Not one, not two, but maybe 3 top prospects for our decent LH reliever who's pitched a lot better than we think he's capable of."

Two words to the writer - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- you
    LOL

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

This is interesting I guess the dodgers are considering trading Romo and Brandon Marrow.
    https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-rumor...mo/2017/07/17/

Considering how much relievers go for, it could make sense for them to flip them to a team and use the gains to go after a LHR.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    This is interesting I guess the dodgers are considering trading Romo and Brandon Marrow.
    https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-rumor...mo/2017/07/17/

Considering how much relievers go for, it could make sense for them to flip them to a team and use the gains to go after a LHR.
    Get Romo the **** outta here!

The giants probably payed Romo millions under the table to ruin the dodgers post season run because, you know, giants can't do anything with their current team to stop the dodgers..

I can see it now... Dodgers up 1 bottom of the 7th.. In comes Romo.. Walk 1st 2 batters and throws a meatball right down the middle that goes over left center wall. Bam, down two before you can say "vagiant 4 life"

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Get Romo the **** outta here!

The giants probably payed Romo millions under the table to ruin the dodgers post season run because, you know, giants can't do anything with their current team to stop the dodgers..

I can see it now... Dodgers up 1 bottom of the 7th.. In comes Romo.. Walk 1st 2 batters and throws a meatball right down the middle that goes over left center wall. Bam, down two before you can say "vagiant 4 life"

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators

Trade Deadline - Transactions/Rumors/Ideas

Get a good RP and a solid #3 starter n we're good to go

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

The Dodgers are shopping naming rights for the stadium at 12 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    The Dodgers are shopping naming rights for the stadium at 12 million a year.
    No they're shopping naming rights for the field, not the stadium, it will still be called dodger stadium.

Dodger Stadium at Guggenheim Field sounds stupid too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast