Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Trade Deadline - Transactions/Rumors/Ideas

So, in the wake of the Andrew Toles injury and the rumor that the Dodgers are still interested in Braun, I'd like to make this suggestion...

The Dodgers pursue a deal to package Puig for Braun, then move Bellinger to RF.

Seager
    Bellinger
    Turner
    Braun
    AGon
    Forsythe
    Grandal
    Joc
    Last edited by ciaban; 07-13-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: For simplicity so everyone know's where to post dodgers (specific) trade rumors.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

Hard to say because puig has looked a lot more patient at the plate lately.. But right now Braun is clearly the better hitter and would help quite a bit against lefties

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    So, in the wake of the Andrew Toles injury and the rumor that the Dodgers are still interested in Braun, I'd like to make this suggestion...

The Dodgers pursue a deal to package Puig for Braun, then move Bellinger to RF.

Seager
    Bellinger
    Turner
    Braun
    AGon
    Forsythe
    Grandal
    Joc
    I am not sure I want to see Puig go for Braun any longer. With those 10-5 rights for Braun he holds a lot of leverage in any deal. I would venture to say if he wants to go back to Cali that bad then the Dodgers are the only team that have a shot at getting him since every other Cali team (that can afford his contract) sucks. That being said, the Dodgers will probably low ball the hell out of the Brewers and get a favorable deal if they even want him. One which probably won't include Puig.

If you keep Puig and Bellinger, who do you send to the Brewers for Braun?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    If you keep Puig and Bellinger, who do you send to the Brewers for Braun?
    The better question, considering his hot start, what else would the dodgers have to send back to the brewers BESIDES Puig.

For as good as he's been offensively, Braun has already been worth -4.4 defensive runs(that's twice as bad as Matt Kemp so far). This team isn't struggling to score runs, they don't need to sacrifice defense for offense. Since doing that will make the pitchers worse, and force them to pitch deeper into games, wearing them and the pen out more.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    For as good as he's been offensively, Braun has already been worth -4.4 defensive runs(that's twice as bad as Matt Kemp so far). This team isn't struggling to score runs, they don't need to sacrifice defense for offense. Since doing that will make the pitchers worse, and force them to pitch deeper into games, wearing them and the pen out more.
    we've already had this discussion. You don't know what you're talking about regarding defensive metrics.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

Braun...

2017: .287/.374/.574 OPS; .948
    Career: .304/.367/.544 OPS; .911

Yeah, such a hot start, so much better than his career averages, I'm sure it's bound to cost us half our team
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 05-11-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    I am not sure I want to see Puig go for Braun any longer. With those 10-5 rights for Braun he holds a lot of leverage in any deal. I would venture to say if he wants to go back to Cali that bad then the Dodgers are the only team that have a shot at getting him since every other Cali team (that can afford his contract) sucks. That being said, the Dodgers will probably low ball the hell out of the Brewers and get a favorable deal if they even want him. One which probably won't include Puig.
    I get where you're going with that concern, but this isn't really like the Michael Young deal as Braun still has multiple years left on contract. Obviously I would hope for the best deal available, but I honestly believe the best deal would include Puig.

He's a -3.3 oWAR player this year with a fWAR of 0.0.

He's replacement level and since the first week of the season, his numbers have normalized. I know people seem to think he's striking out less this year, that's just not correct. His right in line with his career numbers and is walking less.

Braun...

2017: .287/.374/.574 OPS; .948
    Career: .304/.367/.544 OPS; .911

Yeah, such a hot start, so much better than his career averages, I'm sure it's bound to cost us half our team
    Me asking what else it will cost besides Puig, is definitely the same as suggesting it'll cost half the team to get Braun. I'll be sure to be more careful in the future as to not suggest trading half the team for Ryan Braun by asking what else it it'll cost besides Puig.

Just wondering, what way could I have asked that question that wouldn't have implied that the dodgers would have to trade half their team for Braun?

I get where you're going with that concern, but this isn't really like the Michael Young deal as Braun still has multiple years left on contract. Obviously I would hope for the best deal available, but I honestly believe the best deal would include Puig.

He's a -3.3 oWAR player this year with a fWAR of 0.0.

He's replacement level and since the first week of the season, his numbers have normalized. I know people seem to think he's striking out less this year, that's just not correct. His right in line with his career numbers and is walking less.
    How is his BB% of 9.4 LESS THAN what he produced last year of 6.5 or the year before of 8.4 or the year before of 8.3? I don't see how that could be construed as walking less? And his strike outs are bellow what they were last year.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...25&position=OF
    His BABIP of .269 likely has played a factor in his struggles, when that evens out his numbers will rise.

But hell even if they don't and he really is a 100 wRC+ league average hitter. Why would the brewers want that for Braun?
    I don't doubt that you sincerely believe the best deal for Braun includes Puig, but is that the best deal for LA or MIL because they have to be enticed by whatever offer the team makes, and if Puig is just a league average hitter with two years of control left, then they may not feel like that's enough of a return.

Maeda is finally starting to pitch better and ends up on the DL.. great.. :/

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Maeda is finally starting to pitch better and ends up on the DL.. great.. :/
    He's not hurt, they're just resting him. That was the plan from the get go. So long as the dodgers have to many starters, expect them to take turns on the 10 day DL. (Other than kershaw)

How is his BB% of 9.4 LESS THAN what he produced last year of 6.5 or the year before of 8.4 or the year before of 8.3?
    Loosely translated: "Busted! You said 'less' when it's actually like 0.6% more!"

Guess you caught me, man. But, TBH, I've never seen someone so excited about a negligible increase in walk rate or a .319 OBP.

Of course, as I stated when I said "since the first week, his numbers have normalized", I was referring to his walk and k-rates since the league adjusted to him.

Over the last 30 days he has a 20.2% k-rate (in line with his career) and a 7.3% bb-rate (worse than his career).

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...-05-10&season=

But hell even if they don't and he really is a 100 wRC+ league average hitter. Why would the brewers want that for Braun?
    I don't doubt that you sincerely believe the best deal for Braun includes Puig, but is that the best deal for LA or MIL because they have to be enticed by whatever offer the team makes, and if Puig is just a league average hitter with two years of control left, then they may not feel like that's enough of a return.
    Because they did! Just last trade deadline! You don't think the Brewers would think that's a fair trade, yet, you personally don't think a straight swap would be fair to the Dodgers! How can you make both arguments?
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 05-12-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Me asking what else it will cost besides Puig, is definitely the same as suggesting it'll cost half the team to get Braun. I'll be sure to be more careful in the future as to not suggest trading half the team for Ryan Braun by asking what else it it'll cost besides Puig.

Just wondering, what way could I have asked that question that wouldn't have implied that the dodgers would have to trade half their team for Braun?
    Firstly, you said he'd cost more because of his "hot start" which has him at an OPS exactly .037 points higher than his career.

I simply, sarcastically pointing out that that's not true.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 05-12-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast