Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Why did he bring up the idea of tapes to begin with?

Please don't be surprise if he someone accuse him of lying. He is a pathological liar to begin with.
    And why did it take him so long to say there were no tapes?

Trump is a joke.

The fact that Comey may have exposed classified information sort of invalidates any opinion that he had on Hillary Clinton exposing classified information.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...o-illegal.html

Comey memos reportedly had classified info; Trump says ‘That is so illegal’
    President Trump on Monday accused former FBI Director James Comey of having illegally leaked classified material, on the heels of a report saying more than half the memos Comey wrote detailing Russia-related conversations with the president contained such information.

The Hill, quoting “officials familiar with the documents,” reported overnight that Comey penned a total of seven memos describing his talks with Trump on the Russia case earlier this year – and four of them had markings indicating they contained classified material at the “secret” or “confidential” level.

According to the report, the memos recently were shown to Congress -- and the FBI claimed they were all government documents, despite Comey’s description of his notes as personal.

Trump seized on the news Monday morning.

“James Comey leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION to the media. That is so illegal!” the president tweeted.

The claims in The Hill regarding Comey’s memos are a throwback to the same kind of allegations against former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, whom Comey’s team investigated for mishandling classified material on her private server and email.

The report comes as Trump and his family separately are grappling with a New York Times report that Donald Trump Jr. and other members of the president’s inner circle met last summer with a Russian lawyer with the expectation of getting “damaging information” on Clinton – information that, according to Trump’s son, did not materialize.

A special counsel has been tasked with investigating Russian meddling in the campaign and possible collusion with Trump associates, ever since Trump fired Comey earlier this year.

On the heels of that firing, Comey first admitted in congressional testimony that he had used an old friend at Columbia University to get his notes leaked to The New York Times about his discussions with Trump.

The testimony sparked Congress’ interest in obtaining the memos.

But asked about the latest claims, Columbia University professor Daniel Richman -- the Comey friend who leaked part of one memo to The New York Times -- told Fox News on Monday that “this is a non-story.”

“No memos were given to the press, and no memos were classified at the time I received them,” Richman told Fox News, explaining that the “substance” of one memo was given to the press but not the physical document.

“That was not classified at the time, and remains unclassified,” he said.

Richman told Fox News he received four memos from Comey, all of which were not marked. Richman questioned the White House claims.

“It’s kind of interesting that the White House is now suggesting they’re true,” Richman said.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office declined to comment on the ongoing investigation, when asked about the report in The Hill.

But White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway called the latest report an "incredible bombshell" and said Monday that Comey was at least violating FBI rules if the account is true.

"The boy scout, choir boy defense doesn't hold up here because if it contains classified information, he is apparently violating, at the very least, what all FBI members sign -- they sign a document saying you will not do something like this. He was the director of the entire bureau," Conway told "Fox & Friends." "The irony to me, anyway ... is that this is exactly the problem that Hillary Clinton had with her illegal server -- the handling of classified and confidential information that Jim Comey was meant to investigate, if not prosecute."

Conway added that Comey was "admitting under oath, handing over classified information through 'private recollection' -- it doesn't matter that he calls it, it matters what it is."

Conway recalled Comey's testimony, when the fired FBI director admitted leaking his notes to a close friend with the intent to trigger an appointment of a special counsel.

"If people go back and listen to him under oath, he is admitting what his intent was," Conway said. "You couple that with the fact that this was classified information, I think this is what the story should be – not all this nonsense about Russian collusion and what not."

Yea he lost all credibility when he said "that's so illegal". What is he a ****ing 12 year old girl?

this is all connected to James Comey and things he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34...counsel-report

Judiciary Committee Republicans want a second special counsel: report
    Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee are asking for a second special counsel separate from Robert Mueller to probe aspects of the 2016 election and actions by officials in the Obama administration, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and other Republicans on the committee sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Thursday requesting the appointment of a second special counsel, according to NBC News reporter Frank Thorp.

The letter asked that the second special counsel investigates officials including former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former FBI Director James Comey.

The lawmakers also cite concerns with Mueller's probe, accusing it of being too narrow.

The letter comes a day after Republicans on the committee voted to request documents related to Comey's communications with the Obama administration and journalists.

The GOP amendment to request documents focuses on questions raised by some Republicans and the Trump administration over Comey's handling of the FBI investigation into Clinton's email use and the former top cop's alleged "leaks" of memos he authored, in which he documented his interactions with Trump.

Have at it. But you should know that you will regret trust long or going along with Bob Goodlatte. He is nowhere near the brightest crayon in the carton.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea he lost all credibility when he said "that's so illegal". What is he a ****ing 12 year old girl?

The US government has been reduced to nothing more than finger pointing and name calling, pretty soon they'll be banding together in the cafeteria to rip on the dudes whose wives packed generic Snack Packs in their lunch.

"You on welfare or something, *****?"
    Last edited by Ezekial; 07-28-2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: wrong quote
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ators-say.html

Comey began drafting 'exoneration statement' before interviewing Clinton, senators say
    Then-FBI Director James Comey began drafting a statement exonerating Hillary Clinton in the investigation into her private email use before interviewing key witnesses, including Clinton herself, two Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee said Thursday.

“Conclusion first, fact-gathering second—that’s no way to run an investigation,” Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham wrote in a letter this week to the FBI. “The FBI should be held to a higher standard than that, especially in a matter of such great public interest and controversy.”

Grassley and Graham said they learned about Comey’s draft "exoneration statement" after reviewing transcripts of interviews with top Comey aides.

“According to the unredacted portions of the transcripts, it appears that in April or early May of 2016, Mr. Comey had already decided he would issue a statement exonerating Secretary Clinton,” the senators said.

They added, “That was long before FBI agents finished their work. Mr. Comey even circulated an early draft statement to select members of senior FBI leadership. The outcome of an investigation should not be prejudged while FBI agents are still hard at work trying to gather the facts.”

Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee in 2016, was investigated by the FBI for using a private email address and server to handle classified information while serving as secretary of state.

In July 2016, Comey famously called Clinton’s email arrangement “extremely careless” though he decided against recommending criminal charges.

In a news release Thursday, the senators said Comey began drafting a statement in April or May 2016, which was before the FBI interviewed 17 key witnesses, including Clinton herself and other top aides.

The statement preceded the FBI entering into an immunity agreement with top Clinton aides with Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson.

The transcripts are from interviews conducted by the Office of Special Counsel, which interviewed James Rybicki, Comey’s chief of staff, and Trisha Anderson, the principal deputy general counsel of national security and cyberlaw, the senators said.

“It is unclear whether the FBI agents actually investigating the case were aware that Mr. Comey had already decided on the investigation’s outcome while their work was ongoing,” the senators wrote.

In the Wednesday letter to FBI Director Chris Wray, the two senators said they have requested all records relating to the drafting of the statement.

Comey was fired as FBI director by President Trump in May amid tensions over the Russia investigation.

conclusion first, fact gather second. sounds like Comey shares the same type of thing as some of you here.

Trump must be having a bad day to go back to this well.

I don't know if anyone knows this but when you lose a race in politics, the candidate doesn't just riff on what they thought lost them the race. Turns out they write it before they lose. So if I'm supposed to be surprised that Comey drafted what he would say before the decision came out, yea sorry. I'm positive he also had a statement prepared if they recommended to proceed with all or even some charges. It's called being prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Trump must be having a bad day to go back to this well.
    yeah it's not like there is new revealing information about Comey.. oh wait there is!

I'm not surprised at all those of you here that want to make everything about Trump want to make this out to be nothing. those of you here are like Leslie Nielsen nothing to see here while there is a raging inferno going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    yeah it's not like there is new revealing information about Comey.. oh wait there is!

I'm not surprised at all those of you here that want to make everything about Trump want to make this out to be nothing. those of you here are like Leslie Nielsen nothing to see here while there is a raging inferno going on.
    Cool. Lock Comey up. Lock Lynch up. Lock Hillary Clinton up. I couldn't care less about them. You keep trying to deflect to them to show how bad both sides are. I agree.

Trump is going down. All we can do now is watch it unfold. If all these other people have to go to jail to for other crimes, so be it. Lock everyone who is guilty away.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

If you were responsible for announcing such an explosive decision, weeks away from an election. Would you have an announcement prepared ahead of time for each possible outcome? I absolutely would do so. I mentioned a candidate having a concession speech ready just in case they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Cool. Lock Comey up. Lock Lynch up. Lock Hillary Clinton up. I couldn't care less about them. You keep trying to deflect to them to show how bad both sides are. I agree.
    yet you felt the need to post in this thread after the article I posted, while making it about Trump instead of Comey.
    I'm not deflecting anything, this was literally a story about Comey. the only connection to Trump is that President Trump ALSO tweeted about it. the story is about Comey and Hillary and nothing to do with Trump just like the link I posted.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ators-say.html

maybe I should have completely left out the Trump tweet, because this story about Comey would still be exactly the same.

If it was your job to announce whether Clinton was going to be charged or not, and you didn't know the results. Would you not prepare a possible response for both outcomes?

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast