Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 858
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,611
    Hopefully Lowry takes a bit of a backseat and distributes more now that he has his big contract.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,685
    I'd have Derozan somewhere around 20 to 25. With his lack of 3pt shooting, in today's NBA there is a case to made about at least each of the following:

    Curry
    Lebron
    Westbrook
    Leonard
    Harden
    PG13
    KD
    Giannis
    Irving
    Lillard
    Anthony Davis
    Towns
    Green
    Cousins
    Marc Gasol
    Chris Paul
    Griffin
    Embiid
    Walker
    Butler
    Thomas
    Wall

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I'd have Derozan somewhere around 20 to 25. With his lack of 3pt shooting, in today's NBA there is a case to made about at least each of the following:


    Green
    Cousins
    Embiid
    Walker
    Thomas
    I agree with what you're saying but if we factor in intangables i would put him above these players.

    Green/walker and Cousins are tough to gage.
    Green is a mouth piece who you have to wonder about. does he contribute to the leadership of that team or will he eventually lead to the downfall of the team? is he Rodman or Sprewell?
    Cousins is like if green was twice as talented but twice the bad teammate. I have a feeling he will have a late career surge once he figures out how to be a good teammate though.
    Thomas and Walker are in the same group with Derozan where they can lead their team to victory but are a hole on defense (derozan is less of a hole than these guys though. You can mask a SG easier than a PG).

    Derozan has also only been injured once in his career i think. Embid simply isnt in the conversation with the more established players for me.

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:31848931
    doesn't the list show it? It's not a terrible stat or anything, it's just that some ppl really put too much stock in it. It's like what PER was 5 years ago. It's like all stats. Not the end-all-be-all, just a piece of the puzzle

    Yeah It's not a be or end all stat.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    It's cliche but "business is business". It's a contract he didn't want to honour and pulled shenanigans to get out. You honour your contract and move on when you have the ability to do so.

    It's like complaining about being traded. Business is business. You sign that contract knowing you can get traded. If you took pinky promises to heart, that's on you IMO.

    Players use it as well though when it comes to going to a team with the best offer, etc so not like it is 1 sided.
    I don't disagree with you, but its the landscape the NBA has created. They offer major incentives to resign long term with your original team even if you don't want to be there. Then a year or two later you figure something else out. Killing his own value was a ***** move. Having a rookie GM was even worse.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but its the landscape the NBA has created. They offer major incentives to resign long term with your original team even if you don't want to be there. Then a year or two later you figure something else out. Killing his own value was a ***** move. Having a rookie GM was even worse.
    That's also just as much on the NBAPA though.

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,611
    I'm really excited for this season. I think we'll outscore a lot of teams/win a lot of shootouts. Guys are going to have to stay draped all over miles Lowry and ibaka around the line and the pick and roll with Val and DeMar will have all the room to operate.

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    16,610
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm really excited for this season. I think we'll outscore a lot of teams/win a lot of shootouts. Guys are going to have to stay draped all over miles Lowry and ibaka around the line and the pick and roll with Val and DeMar will have all the room to operate.
    It all depends on if they ditch the iso ball. But I agree, if Masai was serious and they are changing their approach then this is a well balanced team on offence that can definitely do damage. With the team we have, a little bit of ball movement will open up the paint for JV to finally get some looks.

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree with what you're saying but if we factor in intangables i would put him above these players.

    Green/walker and Cousins are tough to gage.
    Green is a mouth piece who you have to wonder about. does he contribute to the leadership of that team or will he eventually lead to the downfall of the team? is he Rodman or Sprewell?
    Cousins is like if green was twice as talented but twice the bad teammate. I have a feeling he will have a late career surge once he figures out how to be a good teammate though.
    Thomas and Walker are in the same group with Derozan where they can lead their team to victory but are a hole on defense (derozan is less of a hole than these guys though. You can mask a SG easier than a PG).

    Derozan has also only been injured once in his career i think. Embid simply isnt in the conversation with the more established players for me.


    There are a couple people he could be ranked above, but Thomas and Walker are better overall scorers than Derozan imo due to their ability to shoot from behind the arc. Defensively I think they are a wash, but those 2 are essentially unstoppable when they have things going from downtown and can shoot their teams back into a game.

    Green is arguably the best defender in the NBA to go with being an excellent passer. Depending on what you value more I can see people going either way between those 2. Especially after the season Green had shooting the ball this year compared to previous ones.

    Embiid has health concerns for sure so I get that part, but his skill set is off the charts when he is on the floor. Cousins is the most talented big in the league, so I can't put Derozan ahead of him.

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,611
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It all depends on if they ditch the iso ball. But I agree, if Masai was serious and they are changing their approach then this is a well balanced team on offence that can definitely do damage. With the team we have, a little bit of ball movement will open up the paint for JV to finally get some looks.
    I just want the offense to include more ball movement to make us harder to gameplan against in the playoffs. As far as the season goes, they were a historically efficient team for a long stretch of the season working with the iso system.

    It wasnt necessarily that they weren't scoring enough, its just that they could be shut down with the right gameplan. this was mostly without ibaka (possibly the premier stretch 4 in the league), and we picked up a Ross who is more consistent and can play the 4. Everyone is saying this team isnt as good as last years team but i would say its clearly better than the team that started the season last year. If we picked up Ibaka this offseason we would all be drooling rn. + the east leveled out a bit. I could absolutely see this team start out hot, get into first place in the east and then stay there all season. as long as casey can get their ***** together on defense, the offense will fill it up.

    The team i worry about is Milwakee. we do not have anyone who can cover the greek freak and their length and coaching will give us trouble.

    I'm expecting 5+ apg from demar this season.

    I think this is the year Val breaks out. I expect him to get plenty of time with the young bench crew who hopefully will feed him the ball for the 50/50 shot at an assist.

    I think Powell shows that he is a solid role player, but not the potential star many on here think he can be.

    Wright puts up more assists but less points than Cojo. with better d and ball movement i think that is a positive.

    I worry about Lowry though. I'm expecting an injury with the way the team will lean on him from the point.

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,611
    I think Val starts, but is the first sub out for Powell. then Val carries the bench when we need reliable scoring.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    769
    hope everyone had a great summer! Looking forward to this season - I think the team is a much more balanced offensive one, but Defensively I'm not sure. I think we have to see how the season plays out, and the schemes that coaching puts in. I'm excited to see more ball movement and with 3 legitimate 3pt threats on the floor, watching the space that Demar, Val, Powell and some of the other kids have to work with will be fun!

    GO RAPS GO!!

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Val starts, but is the first sub out for Powell. then Val carries the bench when we need reliable scoring.
    Totally agree - though I think this is the year that Val breaks out.

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I just want the offense to include more ball movement to make us harder to gameplan against in the playoffs. As far as the season goes, they were a historically efficient team for a long stretch of the season working with the iso system.

    It wasnt necessarily that they weren't scoring enough, its just that they could be shut down with the right gameplan. this was mostly without ibaka (possibly the premier stretch 4 in the league), and we picked up a Ross who is more consistent and can play the 4. Everyone is saying this team isnt as good as last years team but i would say its clearly better than the team that started the season last year. If we picked up Ibaka this offseason we would all be drooling rn. + the east leveled out a bit. I could absolutely see this team start out hot, get into first place in the east and then stay there all season. as long as casey can get their ***** together on defense, the offense will fill it up.

    The team i worry about is Milwakee. we do not have anyone who can cover the greek freak and their length and coaching will give us trouble.

    I'm expecting 5+ apg from demar this season.

    I think this is the year Val breaks out. I expect him to get plenty of time with the young bench crew who hopefully will feed him the ball for the 50/50 shot at an assist.

    I think Powell shows that he is a solid role player, but not the potential star many on here think he can be.

    Wright puts up more assists but less points than Cojo. with better d and ball movement i think that is a positive.

    I worry about Lowry though. I'm expecting an injury with the way the team will lean on him from the point.
    Agree - I think he's the wildcard this year. He has the skillset to be very dominant...if he can stay healthy, I think he's going to be a great leader on this team.

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,891
    These guys get to go to Hawaii for their first preseason game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •