Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Essentially his inability to shoot the 3 and lack of off ball cutting is what sets him back. His defense is another factor. All areas he has to improve on but i will say his off ball play regressed once Casey took over. He was much better under Triano.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

KP, Middleton, Beal ahead of DeMar doesn't sit right with me. Aldridge as well.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Derozan is towards the lower end of the top 30. There's not a chance he's a top 20 player, sorry.

Should be interesting to see where they rank Lowry.

he's like 28-30 imo. until he stops playing like a ***** in the playoffs, he can't be much higher than that. ESPN and SI have him low because of their analytic stats they create. ESPN is obsessed with their RPM stat that's decent but flawed. Same with their QBR in football.

I have no objections. He's not top 30 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:31848454
    he's like 28-30 imo. until he stops playing like a ***** in the playoffs, he can't be much higher than that. ESPN and SI have him low because of their analytic stats they create. ESPN is obsessed with their RPM stat that's decent but flawed. Same with their QBR in football.
    Just curious, but why do you say it is flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Exactly where I have him.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    35. KHRIS MIDDLETON, BUCKS
    34. HASSAN WHITESIDE, HEAT
    33. KRISTAPS PORZINGIS, KNICKS
    32. BRADLEY BEAL, WIZARDS
    31. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE, SPURS

This is the latest so far.
    I don't mind him in the group personally. DeMar is the more versatile scorer and more capable of his own shot, but the other players here all bring other aspects to their game. Personally I'm find with where he is at. I'm sure there are another 10-15 players in this tier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I hated him just as much as any one. For like three years my fantasy teams were all named I hate VC, lol. But how much of management's ineptitude is he supposed to put up with? They did nothing to help the situation. As much as I loved some of those guys, outside of Vince, there was little to zero talent lining up beside the guy every night.

"Hey Vince, we're going to help you out this year by bringing in Rafer Alston to be the starting PG". This was just before he was traded.

Or, the year after the missed shot, look at the roster. It's pretty ugly when MoPete is the second best player on the squad.
    It's cliche but "business is business". It's a contract he didn't want to honour and pulled shenanigans to get out. You honour your contract and move on when you have the ability to do so.

It's like complaining about being traded. Business is business. You sign that contract knowing you can get traded. If you took pinky promises to heart, that's on you IMO.

Players use it as well though when it comes to going to a team with the best offer, etc so not like it is 1 sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    agreed. I think the only reason they're doing it is because the franchise has been historically bad and they want to retire the jersey to "legitimize" the Raptor franchise (like hanging divisional champion banners).

I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd get his jersey retired if this happened with the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc...
    A ton of teams have low standards though. It's why guys like Thunder Dan can be retired by the Suns.

I'd retire it for talent and his contributions to the team. But I don't care about what he did for Canada basketball. I don't boo him anymore, but I'm not parading out there celebrating him either.

Demar in the late 20s, early 30s sounds about right. I don't agree with the ordering though of the people in front and behind him.

35. KHRIS MIDDLETON, BUCKS
    34. HASSAN WHITESIDE, HEAT
    33. KRISTAPS PORZINGIS, KNICKS
    32. BRADLEY BEAL, WIZARDS
    31. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE, SPURS

This is the latest so far.
    Oh ****. That makes sense why he is pissed. The only player there that holds more value is porzingis but he definitely isn't a better player rn.

At least the NBA values him by putting him on the all NBA team.

Just curious, but why do you say it is flawed?
    doesn't the list show it? It's not a terrible stat or anything, it's just that some ppl really put too much stock in it. It's like what PER was 5 years ago. It's like all stats. Not the end-all-be-all, just a piece of the puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    A ton of teams have low standards though. It's why guys like Thunder Dan can be retired by the Suns.

I'd retire it for talent and his contributions to the team. But I don't care about what he did for Canada basketball. I don't boo him anymore, but I'm not parading out there celebrating him either.
    for sure. we're definitely not the only ones.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast