Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Hopefully so,e of these Canadian kids pull a Vince to Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He forced a trade and pulled nonsense to get what he wanted. That's pretty low and should get more criticism than what KD and Lebron have gone through recently.

I would retire his jersey based on talent alone (since I think the best players in your history should get retired no matter what) but I'm not honouring him for the whole "what he did for Canadian Basketball".
    agreed. I think the only reason they're doing it is because the franchise has been historically bad and they want to retire the jersey to "legitimize" the Raptor franchise (like hanging divisional champion banners).

I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd get his jersey retired if this happened with the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He forced a trade and pulled nonsense to get what he wanted. That's pretty low and should get more criticism than what KD and Lebron have gone through recently.

I would retire his jersey based on talent alone (since I think the best players in your history should get retired no matter what) but I'm not honouring him for the whole "what he did for Canadian Basketball".
    I hated him just as much as any one. For like three years my fantasy teams were all named I hate VC, lol. But how much of management's ineptitude is he supposed to put up with? They did nothing to help the situation. As much as I loved some of those guys, outside of Vince, there was little to zero talent lining up beside the guy every night.

"Hey Vince, we're going to help you out this year by bringing in Rafer Alston to be the starting PG". This was just before he was traded.

Or, the year after the missed shot, look at the roster. It's pretty ugly when MoPete is the second best player on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    agreed. I think the only reason they're doing it is because the franchise has been historically bad and they want to retire the jersey to "legitimize" the Raptor franchise (like hanging divisional champion banners).

I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd get his jersey retired if this happened with the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc...
    He's going to be a hall of famer, and there's a good chance he goes in as a Raptor (I'd say it's 60/40 with the Nets). There's a lot of worse players that have their jerseys retired.

SI is trolling DeMar DeRozan lmao.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He's going to be a hall of famer, and there's a good chance he goes in as a Raptor (I'd say it's 60/40 with the Nets). There's a lot of worse players that have their jerseys retired.
    of course his resume is HOF and jersey-retirement worthy. I'm saying that the **** he pulled wouldn't have him celebrated if it were one of the big named franchises. Boston prolly won't even retire Ray Allen's jersey and the way he left wasn't even in the same stratosphere of what Vince did. We don't have a good history and we're a young franchise, so it'd be a "good look" to finally have a jersey retired.

I wouldn't even say it's that close with the nets. It'd be like 85/15.

Anyways, I'm excited to see it, the early reviews suggest it's fantastic and I like the closure it puts on things here in TO. If you think about the beating his character took around here back then - and subsequent years, one thing I believe is that even the most spiteful fans would have to admit that Vince either turned it around to be one of the most respected players or perhaps we didn't know what went on behind the scenes quite as well as we thought we did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Where would you rank Derozan? i dont think he makes the top 20 on any list.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:31848102
    Where would you rank Derozan? i dont think he makes the top 20 on any list.
    At the very least, top 25. 35 is ridiculous.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Anyways, I'm excited to see it, the early reviews suggest it's fantastic and I like the closure it puts on things here in TO. If you think about the beating his character took around here back then - and subsequent years, one thing I believe is that even the most spiteful fans would have to admit that Vince either turned it around to be one of the most respected players or perhaps we didn't know what went on behind the scenes quite as well as we thought we did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Great summer.

Well said. I'm very excited if he returns and they retires his jersey. Greatest Toronto Raptor of all Time.

1. Vince
    2. Kyle Lowry
    3. TMac

P.S. no. 36 is very accurate so Derozan should stop crying. He has to expand his range, defend and pass the ball more. That maybe can elevate him to the 20's.
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

This rankings will result to another season of #proveem mentality that will not bode well for the Raptors as a team "collectively".

More ISOs for PPG
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

maybe if he stopped playing like a b-tch in the playoffs his ranking would be higher,

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    At the very least, top 25. 35 is ridiculous.
    I'd have to see the names ahead of him. There is a lot of subjectivity in what is valued and a lot of recent trends don't favour his game. Somewhere in 25-30 seems reasonable without thinking long about it, but again, I'd love to see the names ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12:31848176
    This rankings will result to another season of #proveem mentality that will not bode well for the Raptors as a team "collectively".

More ISOs for PPG
    Yeah I'm sure this is exactly what he's thinking. Average more points. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd have to see the names ahead of him. There is a lot of subjectivity in what is valued and a lot of recent trends don't favour his game. Somewhere in 25-30 seems reasonable without thinking long about it, but again, I'd love to see the names ahead of him.
    35. KHRIS MIDDLETON, BUCKS
    34. HASSAN WHITESIDE, HEAT
    33. KRISTAPS PORZINGIS, KNICKS
    32. BRADLEY BEAL, WIZARDS
    31. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE, SPURS

This is the latest so far.

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast