Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah, I would do Parker/Henson for Hood/Favors. I feel like we would be taking a risk with Parkers serious injuries but I kinda feel like we need to take some risks.
    Definately would be a risk with Parker. You'd want to do a contract similar to Embiid's with the injury protection in the contract. It would be a high risk, high reward type deal. If Parker gets healthy you get a player capable of averaging 25 PPG. His 3 point shot was decent last year and should only get better. He isn't a great defender, but you have Gobert inside to help cove him up and he's still young.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Another Bucks fan here. We would definately be interested in the Delly, Henson and Parker for Favors and Johnson trade, but wouldn't consider replacing Parker with Middleton in that deal. Middleton is under contract for next season at a team friendly $13 Mil and is a perfect compliment to Giannis. Parker is the better offensive player, a true No. 1 option type player, but his game doesn't fit as well with Giannis and he's an RFA at seasons end and will likely need $20 Mil per to resign him. Henson has been playing well this season, but has worn out his welcome as an under achiever. Favors brings something that the Bucks lack inside and thats physicality.

Another option being considered on the Bucks sight is to offer Parker, Snell and Henson for Favors, Ingles and Hood. Parker is a much better player than Hood, both are RFA's but we feel Hood will be cheaper to resign and would fit better as a 6th man type player. Parker averaged 20 PPG last season and really has only played 1.5 seasons. He would make a perfect replacement for the Hayward loss for the Jazz as long as your willing to spend the money. Ingles and Snell are about equal as 3 point shooters, but Ingles is a much better passer. Snell is much younger and their contracts are about equal. The bucks likely would only resign 1 of Favors or Hood at seasons end, because of salary cap issues, but this trade would solidify their team for this seasons playoff run and we'd have the rest of the season to decide who fits better. Favors or Hood.
    Welcome to the Jazz forum! Always nice to have fans of other teams join the discussion, especially when they are knowledgeable and respectable.

I would be willing to move Hood but not interested in moving Ingles. For people who don't watch the Jazz every game, you may not appreciate all the things Ingles brings. He is one of our best wing defenders, one of the best 3 point shooters in basketball, can run the offense when needed, a solid rebounder, and a great "glue" guy. In addition, his contract is one of the few contracts in the NBA that gets cheaper each year, so a contract that matches him this year will most likely keep getting further away.

I do like Snell, he is a solid defender and has developed a respectable 3 point shot. He does have some similarity to Ingles, but Ingles just shows all the traits that Jazz fans love, so he would be tough for me to see trade away.

I have been doing some reading and what I am hearing is the Jazz are better off just waiting until the off-season to get Parker. Reason being, if we trade for him, we will have to pay for him anyway to keep him. If we wait, we can see how healthy and effective he is after the injury before giving anything for him. Milwaukee can match any offer for him, but if they are not committed to him or confident in his health moving forward, would find it hard to give him a max contract.

I would still be ok trading Favors for him because Favors will be gone anyway. But giving much more for him with a realistic chance we are playing for the future and we may be able to get him this summer without taking back any bad contracts, just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    Welcome to the Jazz forum! Always nice to have fans of other teams join the discussion, especially when they are knowledgeable and respectable.

I would be willing to move Hood but not interested in moving Ingles. For people who don't watch the Jazz every game, you may not appreciate all the things Ingles brings. He is one of our best wing defenders, one of the best 3 point shooters in basketball, can run the offense when needed, a solid rebounder, and a great "glue" guy. In addition, his contract is one of the few contracts in the NBA that gets cheaper each year, so a contract that matches him this year will most likely keep getting further away.

I do like Snell, he is a solid defender and has developed a respectable 3 point shot. He does have some similarity to Ingles, but Ingles just shows all the traits that Jazz fans love, so he would be tough for me to see trade away.

I have been doing some reading and what I am hearing is the Jazz are better off just waiting until the off-season to get Parker. Reason being, if we trade for him, we will have to pay for him anyway to keep him. If we wait, we can see how healthy and effective he is after the injury before giving anything for him. Milwaukee can match any offer for him, but if they are not committed to him or confident in his health moving forward, would find it hard to give him a max contract.

I would still be ok trading Favors for him because Favors will be gone anyway. But giving much more for him with a realistic chance we are playing for the future and we may be able to get him this summer without taking back any bad contracts, just my thoughts
    Agree that Ingles is a much better player than Snell and am some what aware of his passing abilities and value. The Snell for Ingles contracts only match in total, Snell is $10.25 Mil this season and assending. I agree it would not be equal trading Ingles for Snell, but looking at 3 years down the road, Ingles will be 33 and likely declining, where as Snell will be around 29. My thought was that the Jazz are looking more towards the future and likely Ingles won't be the same player then as he is now. Snell would likely be better then than he is now and the Bucks would be getting a player that could help them win now in Ingles.

Your point is valid in waiting till seasons end to go after Parker. If your willing to sign him to a max deal, I hope the Bucks don't match, as the team is Giannis's team and he should be the highest paid player. Even with Ingles off the table, I still think there are trades to be had between these 2 teams. A swap of Parker for Hood is somewhat doable, since both will be RFA's, but the Bucks should get something additional as Parker is a much better talent. The bucks have salary cap issues facing them with players like Dellevedova and Henson, both being overpaid. So attaching say Delly with Parker would be advantageous to Milwaukee. There are several other Jazz players that might interest the Bucks. Favors, Burks, Sefalosa and Jerebko would all interest us as possible additions in a multiplayer trade. A trade of Favors, Joe Johnson and either Sefalosha or Jerebko for Parker, Henson and Delly might be something we'd consider, mostly as a future salary dump. Not likely you'd want both Henson and Delly's contracts though and Henson is playing well for us right now.

So this discussion is far from dead. Milwaukee will want some players that can help this season along with some salary cap relief in the future. The only players not available are Antetokounmpo, Middleton and Bledsoe. Brogdon could be available, but his value is high considering he's getting paid under $2 Mil this year and next.

Getting Delly would actually help us as we have quite a bit of problems with injuries on our backup PG roster. And a swap for Favors + Burks for Delly and Parker would completely be doable for us as well.

Plus it would add to our defensive toughness as Delly is a defense first PG.

And it would add another Australian to our roster. lol
    Last edited by Firefistus; 12-26-2017 at 07:57 PM.

I think a trade with Milwaukee makes a lot of sense for both teams. We could benefit from going a little younger, our timetable is moving back with the emergence of Mitchell. I would want this deal done now. I believe in Parker's ability to come back. He could easily get a max deal somewhere. Young talent like his gets overpaid in today's NBA. The Jazz really like Ingles and would try to include most other players first. I'm sure the Jazz would take a bad contract in this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I think a trade with Milwaukee makes a lot of sense for both teams. We could benefit from going a little younger, our timetable is moving back with the emergence of Mitchell. I would want this deal done now. I believe in Parker's ability to come back. He could easily get a max deal somewhere. Young talent like his gets overpaid in today's NBA. The Jazz really like Ingles and would try to include most other players first. I'm sure the Jazz would take a bad contract in this deal.
    Yeah the Parker connection. I figured Parker possibly be traded to you guys or Bulls. Or you guys chase him as a RFA and we match. Cant picture you guys taking on Delly or Henson's contracts though. They each have two more years after this season. Especially since Parker would need a new contract next summer. Wouldn't be shocked you guys kept Joe Johnson. Even though he be a nice expiring contract for the Bucks. Parker, Delly, Henson for Favors, Johnson, Hood is very tempting.

Curious what offers Hood gets as a RFA. $15M per? Some crazy cellar dweller probably offers that up. Unless he gets about what we paid Snell? Its risky on your guys end though if ya give Parker 5/$148M though. Then if he got injured man that hold ya guys back a very long time. But when healthy he's good for 20+ppg a night easily. He's ahead of schedule as well. Even though were holding him out till February. Parker already came back from Bucks G-League Herd team. He had 5vs5 scrimmages there.

I would do that trade because i am pretty done with hood. he has good games then follows it up with horrible games. His biggest issue is that he just doesn't get to the line enough.

I like Delly, so I am good with him as part of the deal. He is a bad contract, but our PG depth is not nearly what Bucks is, so he would actually get some minutes with us.

I don't really like Henson and he would not get time with us. We have a great center, a great backup in Udoh, and a promising rookie. Bad contracts can be a pain, which is why teams are willing to pay to move them. But Henson would be a 4th string center on our team. If we are going to take on a bad contract, would prefer it be a player who is going to actually play.

Utah does not often attract many free agents, so I have no issues spending our money taking on bad contracts for a price.. and who knows, if we can get the person to play well, then the contract doesn't look so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah the Parker connection. I figured Parker possibly be traded to you guys or Bulls. Or you guys chase him as a RFA and we match. Cant picture you guys taking on Delly or Henson's contracts though. They each have two more years after this season. Especially since Parker would need a new contract next summer. Wouldn't be shocked you guys kept Joe Johnson. Even though he be a nice expiring contract for the Bucks. Parker, Delly, Henson for Favors, Johnson, Hood is very tempting.

Curious what offers Hood gets as a RFA. $15M per? Some crazy cellar dweller probably offers that up. Unless he gets about what we paid Snell? Its risky on your guys end though if ya give Parker 5/$148M though. Then if he got injured man that hold ya guys back a very long time. But when healthy he's good for 20+ppg a night easily. He's ahead of schedule as well. Even though were holding him out till February. Parker already came back from Bucks G-League Herd team. He had 5vs5 scrimmages there.

The other team I am interested in looking at trades with is Orlando. They have Jonathan Isaac who plays the 4 and Aaron Gordon. Gordon is going to command a max or near max deal in the offseason. It doesn't make sense for their two best players to play the same position. They don't want to let him go for nothing, so I am hearing he could be available for a price. Probably a first round draft pick and taking on a bad contract.

Bulls is another potential partner, they have 3 young talented stretch 4 type players, so I am sure one could be had at a price.

The Jazz are a young rebuilding team, so ideally we do not want to give up draft picks. Particularly with how well we have drafted lately, but I would trade our 1st rounder for Aaron Gordon, maybe Parker if we proves he is healthy and has no setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I like Delly, so I am good with him as part of the deal. He is a bad contract, but our PG depth is not nearly what Bucks is, so he would actually get some minutes with us.

I don't really like Henson and he would not get time with us. We have a great center, a great backup in Udoh, and a promising rookie. Bad contracts can be a pain, which is why teams are willing to pay to move them. But Henson would be a 4th string center on our team. If we are going to take on a bad contract, would prefer it be a player who is going to actually play.

Utah does not often attract many free agents, so I have no issues spending our money taking on bad contracts for a price.. and who knows, if we can get the person to play well, then the contract doesn't look so bad.
    I don't think the Bucks will be looking to move Henson anyhow. Miller and a few others on the bucks site, would like to see him moved, because he's been overpaid for a while now, but his contract is declining and he's playing the best basket ball of his career. If we trade Henson in a deal for Favors, we're still short a big. Favors might be better than Henson, but we could use them both.

I think the trade should be Favors and Hood for Delly and Parker. Perhaps throw in a 2nd round pick since Parker is the Supreme talent in this trade and the Bucks will let one of Favors or Hood walk after the season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I don't think the Bucks will be looking to move Henson anyhow. Miller and a few others on the bucks site, would like to see him moved, because he's been overpaid for a while now, but his contract is declining and he's playing the best basket ball of his career. If we trade Henson in a deal for Favors, we're still short a big. Favors might be better than Henson, but we could use them both.

I think the trade should be Favors and Hood for Delly and Parker. Perhaps throw in a 2nd round pick since Parker is the Supreme talent in this trade and the Bucks will let one of Favors or Hood walk after the season anyway.
    I like that deal. I would think anyone signing Parker would add some injury wording to his new contract for insurance.

Some of our roster moves last offseason were only made to keep Hayward. Any moves going forward should be related to Rudy and Mitchell. If a player on our roster is not a good fit with Rudy or Mitchell then they should be gone. Any well paid player long term must be a great fit with our 2 pillars.

Rubio- Not a fit with either. Can't spread the floor for Rudy. Teams are going under the screen every time and preventing Rudy from effectively rolling to the basket. I think Mitchell is a PG long term. Yes we can move Mitchell to the 2, but I would rather spend cap space on someone who can stretch the floor and open the driving lanes for Mitchell. Trade now, that shot is not going to get better.

Favors- Not a fit with Rudy. Favors is a center. The experiment didn't work. Best case scenario we include him in a deal for a younger player who is a better fit like Jabari. Great if we would sign him for a massive discount to be our backup center. I don't see that happening. Some bad team is going to overpay him.

Ingles- Great fit with both. Spreads the floor and a willing passer. Joe's demeanor fits with Rudy and Mitchell also. They are probably the 3 players on the team that have real toughness. I doubt we trade him because he fits with both players and this organization so well.

Iso Joe- This looks like his retirement year. Could be used to facilitate a trade but with how old he is playing he may not draw a ton of interest. Let him retire in peace without moving around.

Burks- We still have Alec for 11.5 million next season. I think the organization is ready to move on from Alec. Just too many injuries and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If we resign Hood I hope we can move his contract.

Hood- I just don't know. If hood is willing to accept his role on the team for the right price then yes. Hood must realize he will always be a role player on this team. Either a 6th man or a floor spacer. I would like to see him take more of a 3 and D role or a 6th man but not the team's Alpha. He could really open up the floor for Mitchell and Rudy if he and Ingles were spotting up from 3. Could be a nice scoring option when Mitchell has an off game. However, I would include him in a trade for the right player.

Exum- this one is difficult. This organization really believes in Exum, and will have to resign him without knowing if he is a good fit with Mitchell. I don't think Exum needs the ball to be effective. However, if Exum can't be a threat from outside defenses will double Mitchell and dare Exum to shoot like they do now with Rubio. That doesn't work, but I bet we resign Exum anyway just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Some of our roster moves last offseason were only made to keep Hayward. Any moves going forward should be related to Rudy and Mitchell. If a player on our roster is not a good fit with Rudy or Mitchell then they should be gone. Any well paid player long term must be a great fit with our 2 pillars.

Rubio- Not a fit with either. Can't spread the floor for Rudy. Teams are going under the screen every time and preventing Rudy from effectively rolling to the basket. I think Mitchell is a PG long term. Yes we can move Mitchell to the 2, but I would rather spend cap space on someone who can stretch the floor and open the driving lanes for Mitchell. Trade now, that shot is not going to get better.

Favors- Not a fit with Rudy. Favors is a center. The experiment didn't work. Best case scenario we include him in a deal for a younger player who is a better fit like Jabari. Great if we would sign him for a massive discount to be our backup center. I don't see that happening. Some bad team is going to overpay him.

Ingles- Great fit with both. Spreads the floor and a willing passer. Joe's demeanor fits with Rudy and Mitchell also. They are probably the 3 players on the team that have real toughness. I doubt we trade him because he fits with both players and this organization so well.

Iso Joe- This looks like his retirement year. Could be used to facilitate a trade but with how old he is playing he may not draw a ton of interest. Let him retire in peace without moving around.

Burks- We still have Alec for 11.5 million next season. I think the organization is ready to move on from Alec. Just too many injuries and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If we resign Hood I hope we can move his contract.

Hood- I just don't know. If hood is willing to accept his role on the team for the right price then yes. Hood must realize he will always be a role player on this team. Either a 6th man or a floor spacer. I would like to see him take more of a 3 and D role or a 6th man but not the team's Alpha. He could really open up the floor for Mitchell and Rudy if he and Ingles were spotting up from 3. Could be a nice scoring option when Mitchell has an off game. However, I would include him in a trade for the right player.

Exum- this one is difficult. This organization really believes in Exum, and will have to resign him without knowing if he is a good fit with Mitchell. I don't think Exum needs the ball to be effective. However, if Exum can't be a threat from outside defenses will double Mitchell and dare Exum to shoot like they do now with Rubio. That doesn't work, but I bet we resign Exum anyway just to make sure.
    If we can make a trade for Parker and resign Exum, I think a starting lineup next year of Exum/Mitchell/Ingles/Parker/Gobert looks pretty good with the right depth behind it. Although 2 of those starters haven't proven they can stay away from serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    If we can make a trade for Parker and resign Exum, I think a starting lineup next year of Exum/Mitchell/Ingles/Parker/Gobert looks pretty good with the right depth behind it. Although 2 of those starters haven't proven they can stay away from serious injuries.
    Would be nice if we could get Parker without having to give up Hood. There is not alot of money this off-season, so signing Hood to a reasonable deal would be nice. I still believe he is going to put it all together at some point. I would love to see a roster that looked like...

Exum
    Mitchell
    Ingles
    Parker
    Gobert

Hood would sub for both Exum and Mitchell, since both Mitchel and Exum can play point
    Thabo would sub for Ingles
    Jerebko for Parker
    Udoh for Gobert

That is a solid 9 man rotation. Hood still gets plenty of playing time. We would need to clear up some cap space by dumping Burks and Rubio. They seem to still believe in Rubio, so I think it is possible to keep him... which may have them start Exum then and keep Exum's minutes reduced and keep Hood's minutes in mid 20s.

Above all, we need to solidify our PF spot. If we get healthy and fill that hole, we will be a solid team.

man I still can't believe mitchell. guy averaged 23/4/3.5 last month on an incredible 61.1 ts%. We need a new Pf, we need a new PG, but we might for the first time ever be a real destination for a free agent. we have a very young player in Mitchell and a dpoy caliber center. might have to wait a year to have enough cap space to matter though.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast