Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade ideas?

I'm actually open to moving Diaz. I think huira actually has almost as much upside and Dubon is a useful player as well. Diaz probably has the most value, but he also has plenty of bust potential as well. I think Diaz has the most value, so I'm okay moving him.

I'd be okay with a ray/Diaz/pitching prospect type of deal. I'm guessing they wouldn't be super high on bickford, but I'd be open to moving almost any of our pitching prospects to be honest. None really jump out at me as sure fire hits, but they all have some potential.

And it's hard to say what the A's would be looking for. The white sox were clearly okay with trading for young players who are a couple years away. If that's what the A's want, then a ray or Clark and Diaz centered deal makes sense. Maybe a guy like ponce or Peralta makes sense too.

If they'd prefer guys closer to the bigs, a deal around Phillips, Dubon, and maybe a woodruff type might make sense too. It's always tough to tell what teams are looking for. There's more risk and reward surrounding the lower guys (maybe monte Harrison or jake gatewood would intrigue them). Not every team wants the risky deals, especially when they are trading a big time player.

Look at our recent big name deals. In the Gomez deal, we got Santana who was big league ready. In the lucroy deal, we got Brinson who was bout a year out. But when you're trading lesser guys, you can gamble, like trading Adam Lind for 3 kids in rookie ball. I'm guessing Oakland wants at least one guy that's close to the bigs, but that's just a guess.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 07-18-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Any chance we could move Broxton in a package for Gray/Cueto/Cole? Not sure what his value is at this point, not that he'd be a key piece but he is an MLB ready player. I figure we need to move a starting outfielder (if not before the deadline than this winter) to make room for Brinson and/or Phillips and there's no chance Braun or Santana get moved. If we can open up a starting role for Brinson and bring in a solid starter at the same time we could improve both our lineup and rotation at the same time.

If we don't move an outfielder before the deadline (Brinson, Broxton, Phillips) what do we do with them all? Brinson and Phillips are big league ready so that makes 1-2 of them expendable.
    Last edited by twellner9; 07-18-2017 at 05:33 PM.

With braun's injury history, I'd be surprised if we move an outfielder. Brinson and Phillips are probably ready for the bigs, but neither really took the bull by the horns in their brief stints in Milwaukee. I know the stunts were very brief for both, but when we have a legit chance at the playoffs this deep into the season, I'd hate to throw that away just to give a young guy a chance. And with Braun, your one injury from having Brinson and Phillips playing a decent role, which is probably not ideal for a playoff team.

That being said, I'd be more than fine shopping broxton at this winter. I think starting the new season fresh and giving Phillips and Brinson the chance to battle it out for center makes more sense than dealing broxton now, unless a team insists on him being part of the package for an ace, which I doubt. I guess I don't see a ton of harm in Brinson playing most of the rest of the year in Colorado Springs and then coming back in September.

Rosenthal tweeted that it sounds like Phillips would be involved in a trade for gray. The A's need a CF and don't really even have one near ready, so Phillips would be enticing for them. Not sure what else would be included, but it sounds like that's where the discussion starts.

The Braun injury doesn't frighten me. What is Broxton batting right now like .220. Can't do much worse. I give Phillips and Brinson a break for their starts because neither got consistant playing time. Like I said in the other forum, I'd like to give one of them a solid two week stint to see if they can win the job.

If they can't, worst case we could still use one as a utility outfielder or use Thames as a corner outfielder along with Perez. We have plenty of outfield depth thanks to our versatile bench. But if Brinson can hit like they say he can that's a huge offensive weapon we could add to the lineup. Need a .270/.340/500 slash line out of center field if we want a division title. Keon at .222/.297/.438 just isn't good enough.

Also curious if the Mets would move a starter. Degrom would be a sexy pickup and I believe he still has 2-3 years of control.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123