Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas?

Trade ideas?

Seems like early contenders have a need for starting pitching. Any good trade ideas?

Just read about a good fit for Garza to the Angles, they have a crap farm system, but his salary would be gone.

The angels are always looking for anyone they can get without giving up prospects. Their farm is so bad and they don't really have the cash to sign top line free agents. They have the best player in baseball and the rest of the team is trash. I'd be okay moving garza for very little, if only to get more chances for our young arms.

I heard during spring training that the rangers were allegedly linked to wily Peralta, but their starting pitching hasn't been pretty decent. I'm okay moving him, but I do think he could be a good reliever, so I wouldn't exactly give him away (even expecting the haul for him to be fairly small.)
    Last edited by crewfan13; 05-10-2017 at 09:13 PM.

It will be interesting to see what is done, I could see them selling and buying. I don't think it would be crazy to see Braun dealt and in a seperate trade bring in a young top of the rotation guy. I think we could add an experienced bullpen arm or two on the cheap. I could actually see us trading like 3 or even 4 pitchers at the deadline and getting better by giving some young guy opportunities.

Peralta to Texas for a middle of the road prospect or two
    Anderson to Angels for the same thing
    Garza to Boston for 1 prospect
    Braun to Washington Davies to Arizona in a 3 way deal wiwe get Joe Ross and a decent prospect from Arizona
    Trade 4 or 5 prospects for Julio Teheran
    Trade a prospect or 2 to Minnesota for Craig Breslow or Philly for Pat Neshek

Just ideas but Teheran/Ross/Guerra/Nelson/Hader would be a nice rotation and our farm wouldn't lose to much.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 05-11-2017 at 12:34 PM.

I doubt Braun accepts a trade to Washington. He's going to be relatively tough to move I think. I think he'll use his no trade unless it's to a cali team, but maybe a competitive Washington team would entice him.

I was on the Dodgers sight asking about a Braun trade and it seems they like to argue with each other more than anything. I think the Dodgers would like to keep Puig, and Billinger so would should they send to us for Braun

I would assume they would want to shed some payroll so maybe one of Kazmir, Ryu, McCarthey and a nice prospect like Walker Buehler or 2.

With Guerra coming back real soon how about these trades
    Garza to Yankees for RHP Chance Adams
    Parra to Rockies for RHP Marquez and 1B/3B McMahon
    Bring up Woodruff

The brewers are in an unexpected place at the moment, so the best plan for trades might just be stay the course for a few weeks. If we can stay in the hunt until July, then maybe we make a minor trade like a Wren or reed (or other decent prospects who are clearly blocked) for relief help.

I know we've all wanted to move garza and I have as well. But he's playing well and we're winning. At this point, it might not be the worst idea to hold him for now and see what happens. He's the one guy with real veteran experience on this staff. We can still sell guys off if we get cold, but right now, we might as well ride this hot streak out and see what happens.

With Garza pitching so well I'm not sure I'd let him go. I'm pretty sure he has a $5 mill. team option. (because he hasn't started enough games over the past couple years) At that price I would be asking a ton or just roll with him and his experience. I would still put the entire rotation on the market (at fairly steep prices) and get Hader and Woodruff in the bigs at some point.

PCS who is Parra to the Rockies? Did u mean Peralta.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 05-22-2017 at 12:29 PM.

PCS who is Parra to the Rockies? Did u mean Peralta. Sorry yes I did, brain fart.

If someone is desperate and willing to give up pretty good value for garza (a decent haul of prospects) then I'd move him. But before the season, many of us, including myself, would have moved garza for basically anything. Now it's a wait and see thing. If we fall off in the next month and a half, then I'd look to move him again. But a small of now, I'm holding him unless someone offers something stupid for him.

I'm sort of in the same boat for wily. He had a nice start to his relief career and has the stuff of a decent reliever, so I wouldn't sell him off either unless someone thinks he's a legit 4th starter and gives us a trade offer for a legit 4th starter.

I guess all in all, that's sort of where I stand on everyone. We have potential long term replacements for virtually everyone on the roster (besides maybe Thames and catcher isn't the deepest either) that I'd be willing to listen on anyone if someone blows our doors off. But we are also playing well and no one too important is a free agent at years end, so we don't need to trade anyone either.

Read an article from twitter where someone hypothesized that we might make Trent Clark available. He's had a pretty decent start to his career and is at a relatively advanced level given his age. Seeing how we have 3 legit major league OF under contract already and 2 who are likely ahead of Clark at this point (Brinson and ray), the thought was that Clark makes sense as a pretty good prospect who would command some attention who could be expendable. It would be interesting to see what we could get with him in a deal.

I think the other thing to keep in mind for us is 40 man roster spots. I think a lot of us are still okay with deals that potentially move guys like Braun or garza for prospects yet. But part of the problem with that is we have such a farm loaded with good depth, that we are going to start finding ourselves out of 40 man roster spots. Which likely means having to try to sneak guys through waivers or risking guys in the rule 5 draft like Miguel Diaz this past year.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Michael reed, Yadiel Rivera and Adrian houser potentially being involved in deals to sort of get something for those guys before they are forced to take them off the 40 man.

And I'm not sure who's due up this year to be eligible for the rule 5 draft, but it's possible we consider dangling those guys in deals to sweeten the return of it's a guy we don't fully see as part of the future.

So given some of that, I wouldn't be shocked if we do shop guys like reed and wren at the deadline, even if it's just for a rental reliever since it's likely we lose them in the near future as we need roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think the other thing to keep in mind for us is 40 man roster spots. I think a lot of us are still okay with deals that potentially move guys like Braun or garza for prospects yet. But part of the problem with that is we have such a farm loaded with good depth, that we are going to start finding ourselves out of 40 man roster spots. Which likely means having to try to sneak guys through waivers or risking guys in the rule 5 draft like Miguel Diaz this past year.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Michael reed, Yadiel Rivera and Adrian houser potentially being involved in deals to sort of get something for those guys before they are forced to take them off the 40 man.

And I'm not sure who's due up this year to be eligible for the rule 5 draft, but it's possible we consider dangling those guys in deals to sweeten the return of it's a guy we don't fully see as part of the future.

So given some of that, I wouldn't be shocked if we do shop guys like reed and wren at the deadline, even if it's just for a rental reliever since it's likely we lose them in the near future as we need roster spots.
    I'd still have been trying to deal Garza this entire time. You know he won't be consistent. He hasn't been his entire tenure. Try and get what you can and get him out of town and open up a starting rotation spot for one of our young guys in the minors like Woodruff.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast