Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Can Corderall Patterson develop like Crabtree did??

I'm excited about Beastmode but I'm almost just excited about Patterson. I know he will be explosive in th return game but if he can blossom like as a Wr like Crabtree did when he got there. LOOK OUT! He is just as explosive as Cooper physically. He never had the qb to throw to him and grow with in Minnesota. I think Crabtree and Cooper will work with with him on his route running and now he has Carr. He should see a lot of one on ones. This should be exciting

I'm very excited about him and Zamora!!!! Our we room is stacked.
    RaiderFreak

Man our offense is so stacked that im gonna say cordarelle will not be a 1000 yard reciever just because i see him more in a tavon austin or tyrek hill role amounting good amount of rush and pass yards bit with crabs,coop,marshawn out of the backfield and jared cook who i feel is our very underrated signing this season and can surpass the other tight ends i dont see cordarelle getting many touches except in kr pr and sone packages like screens end arounds and dump offs.

Conor ( THE NOTORIOUS ) McGregor

I'm really not sure that Crabtree vs Cordarelle is a good comparison. Crabtree had 2 seasons easily comparable to the 2 seasons he's had with us in 2011-12. While Patterson's stats have shown no progression as WR.

I'm still optimistic, that if he can improve in route running, he can be a valuable weapon in our offense. He will be an instant weapon in our return game, and really he can be used as a RB in specialty packages. What we really needed was a slot receiver, but that's not Patterson. I could however see Amare slipping in to the slot receiver position more often.

I like the addition of Jared Cook too. I haven't given up on Walford, but with Beast Mode, I can see more 2 TE sets - anything to put pressure on a defense.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Quote Originally Posted by Jrockmvp View Post
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    Man our offense is so stacked that im gonna say cordarelle will not be a 1000 yard reciever just because i see him more in a tavon austin or tyrek hill role amounting good amount of rush and pass yards bit with crabs,coop,marshawn out of the backfield and jared cook who i feel is our very underrated signing this season and can surpass the other tight ends i dont see cordarelle getting many touches except in kr pr and sone packages like screens end arounds and dump offs.
    It feels crazy to talk about so many weapons. I like Jared Cook also. I think his signing is going to light a fire under Walfords arse!

Crabtree is the same as he's always been, we didn't develop him. I don't think it's a good comparison. I am excited for this offense, each man offers something to the whole that will make for a great season.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

No

But he could very easily turn into a TD threat. He won't put up receptions or yards. I guarantee you Derek will be looking deep for him on occasion.

What I'm hoping for with Patterson and Cook is they will expand what we can do. Patterson has blazing speed that could stretch the field. He could be used in the slot or out wide in 3 WR sets moving Coop into the slot and clearing out the D with his speed giving Coop more space to work.

I'm hoping Cook will finally allow us to use the middle of the field more with TE post and dig routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrockmvp View Post
    I'm excited about Mickens as well. I do like our WR options.

Adding the extra weapons, will keep the D honest. As weird as it sounds, this team's destiny is in the hands of the D. I give RM an A for the offense, but a C for the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Adding the extra weapons, will keep the D honest. As weird as it sounds, this team's destiny is in the hands of the D. I give RM an A for the offense, but a C for the defense.
    I agree. However that c can become a B if a few things happen.

1. Mario Edwards stays healthy and have a breakout year
    2. Jihad ward makes progress like Malik Jackson did in Denver
    3. Our young DBs play great. Joseph,Conley, and Obi
    4 amerson steps it up
    5.we get surprisingly good play from Calhoun and Lee
    And most important pagono takes over the defense

Sighhhhhh. I know it's a lot but if those things happpen our defense will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post

3. Our young DBs play great. Joseph,Conley, and Obi
    4 amerson steps it up
    5.we get surprisingly good play from Calhoun and Lee
    And most important pagono takes over the defense

Sighhhhhh. I know it's a lot but if those things happpen our defense will be fine
    Yep...but it's kind of a situation where if you get 75% of that, then it's enough to make things interesting. I'm looking forward to see how well this D can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post

3. Our young DBs play GOOD ENUF. Joseph,Conley, and Obi
    4 amerson steps it up (will benefit from Pagano)
    5.we get SOLID play from Calhoun and Lee
    And most important pagono takes over the defense (EXCELLENT CHANCE THAT HE TURNS OUR DBs INTO OUR STRONGEST UNIT)

I think Pagano is the co-most important factor. I think "1. Edwards staying healthy and having a breakout" is the one of the other co-most important factor - with MACK remaining healthy.

I think Amerson/Smith improve with the addition of Pagano alone. The young DBs will play solid, based on Pagano alone. I think the secondary will be the clear strength of our defense going into week 10. Seems like we had a draft plan all along - loading up on DB talent, then acquiring Pagano.

I say if the talent is there Ward and Calhoun will play well. And hopefully Lee surprises.

I think there is an argument that RM is investing in the secondary the same way he invested in the OL. I think by week 10 that gives this defense at minimum a B+

My man Ike got a bad rap

I think Patterson will improve and become our WR 3 practicing with coop & crabs everyday his route running will improve tremendously I'm assuming, I'm excited to have him as a return man

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast