Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    If they don't rebuild and everyone comes back, I'll gladly take Gay over Niko as a stretch 4. I'll take anyone over Niko haha.
    i know gay isnt any worse than niko defensivly at the 4, but i still hate either lol.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

if i was to guess what would happen this off season.

Wade Opts out, i think while the money would be big, this season was a huge disappointment for him, and he would rather go play somewhere and win.

Bulls Sign Rudy Gay to somewhere near 20 mil per. and Patty Mills to around 12-15 mil per. Bulls see it as getting more athletic and better shooting, not to mention after seeing rondo go down its clear how bad we need a backup PG who can..... well, dribble the ball.

This moves jimmy back to SG, which i dont think changes anything.

Portis slides into the starting lineup at the 4, after hearing he was playing late in the year with burns on his foot, hopefully he can just rebound and continue to grow.

Bulls Resign Felecio as long as he isnt too expensive

Bulls Draft the Best Availble Big man, personanlally i hope rabb falls, but we will have to see.

Roster

Rondo/Mills
    Jimmy/Denzel (hopefully he steps up)
    Gay/Zipser
    Portis/ 1st round pick
    lopez/Felecio

while not overly exciting, it does add some shooting. and might be bearable.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Why so we can overpay somebody like gay. Or better yet resign Niko
    No so we aren't wasting 23 million on an over the hill star that demands the ball and plays defense at 50% max effort. So we can find shooters that fit rather than an ISO player on the decline who is no longer efficient. Any other reasons you need cuz the 23 million price tag alone was more than enough of an explanation. He. Doesn't. Fit!!!

I wouldn't hate Rudy Gay. If it meant Wade opted out, we didn't bring back Niko, and Gay played the 3 and Jimmy the 2, I'm all for it. Especially if he we can sign him to a Rondoesque 1 year, 2nd year team option deal.

Rondo/Jimmy/Gay/ROLO is a nice start. We'd need to add a nice stretch 4 not named Niko, or give Portis the reins since he would be surrounded by vets so maybe it could work. He did have great confidence in his shot to close out the year.

Rudy Gay's market value is tough to pinpoint. 30 years old, plays a position (SF) with not many high end options in FA this year, but has been surprisingly good for the last 4 seasons.

My guess would be he's a prime candidate to get overpaid as a 2nd/3rd tier FA once teams miss out on the top guys. Deng just signed a 4/$72M deal last year at 31, Evan Turner 4/$70M...I'm guessing Rudy's next contract will fall somewhere in that range, probably a tick higher, 4/$76M. So I guess the question is, are you comfortable sinking 4 years at $19M per into Rudy Gay and where does that get the Bulls in the Eastern Conference? Middle of the pack, at best? Also, unless Wade opts out, the Bulls will not be able to sign anyone else of significance (though that'd be case with just about anyone they sign this summer), besides their own guys...Felicio, Niko, etc.

If the plan really is to go hard again after the 2018 FA class, then they're better off doing nothing this summer. At least then they'll have enough to conceivably offer 2 massive contracts with almost $57M in potential cap space. I'd hate to see that space burned on the likes of Rudy Gay, or Niko, or some replacement level backup like Felicio.

It's all probably wishful thinking anyway, because I think they'll blow some of the space on middling players this summer, but to have the ability to offer 2 max deals in a summer that features Durant, Hayward, & Cousins has to be enticing. Let me also clarify in saying I don't expect any of those 3 to come to Chicago to play with Jimmy & nobody, but if they're not going to rebuild, I'd rather go all in on a FA class again than waste time hovering in the middle (which is basically all you're doing by signing Gay, or re-signing Niko, or some other mid tier FA).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-09-2017 at 04:32 PM.

"Gay told The Undefeated before last season that it wouldn't be "rocket science" to opt out of his deal with the rebuilding Kings."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ome-free-agent

I think he opted out for a chance to play for a playoff team. With the red flags of an Achilles tear, he could possibly opt for a 1 year 2nd year option deal with maybe a slight raise. 17-18 million per year. I'd take him at that price over Wade at 23 million

The Bulls will get stuck with Wade exercising his option. He's on a fast roll downhill and he knows it. Last great payday for him. He doesn't give a **** about winning at this point. Been there, done that. Time for the $$$ before heading off into the sunset.

Bulls are dumb enough to bring back Rondo at full price and having two additional PGs under contract as well.

Bulls will retain Niko's rights JUST long enough to have that cap hold **** up any $$$ for free agency. Ditto in attempting to overpay and retain Felicio.

Basically...the Bulls FO will outdo themselves and do what they do best: paint themselves into a corner with zero flexibility. Which is a shame for them, because that limits their ability to **** up in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    The Bulls will get stuck with Wade exercising his option. He's on a fast roll downhill and he knows it. Last great payday for him. He doesn't give a **** about winning at this point. Been there, done that. Time for the $$$ before heading off into the sunset.

Bulls are dumb enough to bring back Rondo at full price and having two additional PGs under contract as well.

Bulls will retain Niko's rights JUST long enough to have that cap hold **** up any $$$ for free agency. Ditto in attempting to overpay and retain Felicio.

Basically...the Bulls FO will outdo themselves and do what they do best: paint themselves into a corner with zero flexibility. Which is a shame for them, because that limits their ability to **** up in free agency.
    It's all going to depend on what our FO tells Wade our offseason plan is behind closed doors. Wade could spread his salary out a few years somewhere else, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did. That is what I'm praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It's all going to depend on what our FO tells Wade our offseason plan is behind closed doors. Wade could spread his salary out a few years somewhere else, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did. That is what I'm praying for.
    I doubt Wade, let alone anyone, gives two ***** (or has any sort of faith) in any words that plop out of GarPax's mouthes.

On the notion/idea that we might sign Gay. God I would be so pissed. Not because I don't like Gay but moreso because we'd be 5 years too late. This team has no idea how to do anything nor when to do it. If you were going to get Gay, they should have attempted to go for him years ago when we actually had a decent window. At this rate, in about 7 years we'll get an aging Lebron and the front office will pump their chest. Just ****ing rebuild.

Don't want Gay at the 3. Needs to play PF. If not him then give me Gallinari.

On another note, hope we wind up with Redick instead of Wade. Don't know why so many are down on JJ.

Its starting to grow on me that the FO were preparing grounds for a offer by the Celtics when they said "we cant just blow it up" - telling them that we need something good enough to rebuild.

Its starting to grow on me that they will make the offer.

Thomas can just walk away after this year if he sees that their FO doesnt put it all in this year. It would be a proof of lack of faith in his game and with his ability to beat the Cavs (with additional help obviously).

If the Celtics get Jimmy they can then go after their beloved (and mine tbh) Hayward.

Thomas-Jimmy-Hayward-Horford is a very good combination. They need to add some vets into that and resign Thomas in 2018. This is a very good scenario for them IMO.

They would need to send us both BKN Picks and players to cut space for Hayward signing. Zeller, Crowder and Brown/Smart?

I believe both teams win the trade.

The Celtics would compete NOW, and will have a solid base for the upcoming years.
    The Bulls would have an opportunity to rebuild on solid value youngsters. I have always said that i want to see them compete now (and i do), but with a good offer and taking into account that Jimmy can just walk in 2 years, i would say this would be the best road for us (IF the offer isn't good then i believe we should try to compete and see what 2018 offer us) and that this is when Jimmy´s value is at his highest.
    Last edited by O_Touro; 05-11-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Praying that Wade opts out and leaves

Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    Its starting to grow on me that the FO were preparing grounds for a offer by the Celtics when they said "we cant just blow it up" - telling them that we need something good enough to rebuild.

Its starting to grow on me that they will make the offer.

Thomas can just walk away after this year if he sees that their FO doesnt put it all in this year. It would be a proof of lack of faith in his game and with his ability to beat the Cavs (with additional help obviously).

If the Celtics get Jimmy they can then go after their beloved (and mine tbh) Hayward.

Thomas-Jimmy-Hayward-Horford is a very good combination. They need to add some vets into that and resign Thomas in 2018. This is a very good scenario for them IMO.

They would need to send us both BKN Picks and players to cut space for Hayward signing. Zeller, Crowder and Brown/Smart?

I believe both teams win the trade.

The Celtics would compete NOW, and will have a solid base for the upcoming years.
    The Bulls would have an opportunity to rebuild on solid value youngsters. I have always said that i want to see them compete now (and i do), but with a good offer and taking into account that Jimmy can just walk in 2 years, i would say this would be the best road for us (IF the offer isn't good then i believe we should try to compete and see what 2018 offer us) and that this is when Jimmy´s value is at his highest.
    what your saying all makes sense. but. it made sense last year with durrant too. they are just greedy and won't give up fair value. they will offer next year's nets pick but want to keep this year's. which is the only lock. probably throw in a guy like bradley mainly to shed enough cap for another big name guy. if they were to make a good offer. fine. but I don't forsee it happening. they have had chances. and if they had Jimmy for a playoff run maybe even push the Cavs. they would have been really good option for FA. now. they have trouble with the 85th seed. and the wizzards.

I think they won't give up the pick. draft one of the stud guards. and Thomas will be gone in a year.

truth is. I kinda expect Thomas to get a huge offer any way. and leave Boston who won't pay him that much
    Last edited by Kyben36; 05-11-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    what your saying all makes sense. but. it made sense last year with durrant too. they are just greedy and won't give up fair value. they will offer next year's nets pick but want to keep this year's. which is the only lock. probably throw in a guy like bradley mainly to shed enough cap for another big name guy. if they were to make a good offer. fine. but I don't forsee it happening. they have had chances. and if they had Jimmy for a playoff run maybe even push the Cavs. they would have been really good option for FA. now. they have trouble with the 85th seed. and the wizzards.

I think they won't give up the pick. draft one of the stud guards. and Thomas will be gone in a year.

truth is. I kinda expect Thomas to get a huge offer any way. and leave Boston who won't pay him that much
    I think they will pay him (Thomas). And i´m also sure that it will hurt their *** to pay for Butler (or another) but they just have to take the next step.

They have been rebuilding. Now that they are in a position to become contenders for the next 3y or more they are going to go back at putting themselves in the hands of Draft picks?

How many years will it take for any of the stud guards to be as good as Thomas? Or even, will they ever be that good?

With Jimmy in Boston, i believe they will convince Hayward. Makes sense for both sides.

Thomas is 28. Jimmy is 28. Horford is 30. Hayward is 27. They are all on their prime.
    If they dont pull the trigger now, what are the odds of having such a quality window in the upcoming years?

Boston fans want this now. I would be pissed if i were a Boston fan and i knew the FO turned the face on an opportunity like this. A role player, a young Sub player, a valuable draft pick and an unknown draft pick for a Top 15/20 player? Plus, a salary dump (zeller). They dont want to pay but the value is fair and good for both sides.

Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast