Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast

Bulls' Off-Season Discussion Thread

I don't expect much activity from the Bulls this summer other than the draft and 1-2 mid tier FA's that barely move the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't expect much activity from the Bulls this summer other than the draft and 1-2 mid tier FA's that barely move the needle.
    Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. I hope I'm wrong and we either rebuild, trading Butler to Boston for the 2 Nets picks and one or two of their young players, or we go all in and convince a star to come to Chicago. Realistically, we probably overpay some mid tier FAs on short term deals and come back not much better than we entered the off-season while preaching the fact that we have "long term salary cap flexibility".

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Jimmy for Porzingis and their pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post
    Jimmy for Porzingis and their pick?
    I think Jackson would entertain that to have someone like Jimmy. Phil would do wonders for a player like Butler

What free agents and with what money?

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    What free agents and with what money?
    Well, as you suggested in the previous thread, they'll probably just overpay Niko, after that it's anyone's guess.

I'm mostly expecting the roster to look the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I see zero appeal from our young guys...just gut this team. I rather be in the post Jordan era than where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I see zero appeal from our young guys...just gut this team. I rather be in the post Jordan era than where we are now.
    No way! Those years were miserable. We at least have an asset in Jimmy...the problem is our front office has to use it. It makes my stomach hurt to think about Tim Floyd, Eddie Robinson, Jalen Rose, Ron Mercer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think Jackson would entertain that to have someone like Jimmy. Phil would do wonders for a player like Butler
    At his season-ending news conference last month, Jackson was asked whether any personnel move, including a trade of Porzingis, is "off the table" this offseason.

"Everything has got to be possible, and we have to make sure that if people have something to say, we listen to it, we examine it," Jackson said before complimenting Porzingis for his development this season. -ESPN

Sounds like GarPax talking about Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    No way! Those years were miserable. We at least have an asset in Jimmy...the problem is our front office has to use it. It makes my stomach hurt to think about Tim Floyd, Eddie Robinson, Jalen Rose, Ron Mercer etc.
    This team makes my stomach hurt. And floyd is no different from hoiberg. At least back then we were starting from scratch with brand.

Well, as you suggested in the previous thread, they'll probably just overpay Niko, after that it's anyone's guess.

I'm mostly expecting the roster to look the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    They shouldn't resign a single player from last year's team. Giving Niko a big contract would be a mistake in my opinion. Use that money on someone else and unless that someone else is someone intriguing, do not sign them to more than a two year deal.

Really, GarPax shouldn't sign anyone. They're not qualified to do so.

Kenny Williams and John Paxson - the problem might be the owner...

I despise this Bulls team and their chicken **** leadership.

6-3 A.J. Moye to Carols Boozer:
    "We're Indiana Mother****er."

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I have a super bad feeling about this offseason I know I said it for a while. That we could use the playoffs as a selling point. But getting swept (sure we won the first two but the last 4 were pathetic.) sounds like Rondo is staying. Wade is going elsewhere. And I'm not sure Jimmy on his own can create enough buzz. . Wade and Jimmy needed to be the voice for somebody to come.

Now. We will likely overpay Niko cause we don't want to loose him. And Rondo I see one of 3 scenarios happening

1) keep him. Significantly cutting into our cap space
    2) trade him for melo
    3)release him. Signing a low level guy like JJ Redick for a ton.

Honestly I could see the FO trying to force Fred to play Payne by getting rid of the other guys. Cause that's the stupidity if this front office.

We're not going to be good next year, let's accept that. The only way Wade leaves is if we trade Butler AND dont get back a superstar and we'll suck. If we keep both, expect basically the same team. So we're looking at 2018 anyway. Wade and Rondo will both be gone and Jimmy will still be prime. Lebron will probably play at least another 4-5 years so unless we want no title shot for 5 years we need to keep Jimmy. Trading Jimmy only accelerates our rebuild by one year. He should stay a Bull for life.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever traded a top 10 player for draft picks, and how long before that team won a championship. Because I remember trading Brand for a draft pick, and drafting 2 and 4 in the same draft. Curry and Chandler were going to lead us to the promised land. Just before that we had the number 2 pick. Jay Williams, top PG in the class (sound familiar?) was going to do it. Luol Deng and Ben Gordon were what, 3 and 6 same year? Phillys been drafting top 5 for years and are not Close to contending, and will have to max out like All the young guys or lose them like Noel.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-07-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Damn I wish we had a Kyle Korver on our team.... oh wait we did and gave him up for nothing

Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast