- Dump Payne someway
    - Play Grant as a SG
    - Dont resign Niko, not even for free.

Rondo - Dunn - Cannan
    Valentine (Lavine When he Returns) - Grant
    Zipser - Valentine
    Portis - Lauri
    Someone - Someone

Be bad. Let the kids develop. Be like Top 3 Bad. Draft someone good.

Will be very interesting to see what the competing terrible teams will do this off season along with us. Hopefully the Kings will add some free agents with their cap space this offseason and get better. I am more worried about the Magic, Pacers without PG and of course the Nets will do. Pacers could be downright terrible depending on their return package they get back.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    My off-Seasons wishes:

- Trade Wade for a future 1st
    - Trade Lopez for a future 1st
    - Absorb some short contract for a future 1st
    - Resign Rondo to mentor Dunn
    - Dump Payne someway
    - Play Grant as a SG
    - Dont resign Niko, not even for free.

Rondo - Dunn - Cannan
    Valentine (Lavine When he Returns) - Grant
    Zipser - Valentine
    Portis - Lauri
    Someone - Someone

Be bad. Let the kids develop. Be like Top 3 Bad. Draft someone good.

I'm fine with this. but I would rather move rondo to a team who wants inediare cap space (them likely cut and potentially resiged) his 10 mil in cap savings could be huge for a team like Houston. again. for a future pick to whatever team

also. id give Payne a shot. right now. his stock could not be lower. why not give him a shot to improve it. at worse. we loose a few games. at best. we get a player who might be teadable for an asset.

also. I'm not sold on Grant at SG. though it would be his more natural position. I suppose I could flow with it. but I would not expect much from him there.

I would also probably start lauri at center. it's a shifty defensive lineup. but give him the minutes to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by InRoseWeTrust View Post
    Alright. I've taken a few days and composed myself about what happened Thursday. I've also been fairly inactive on this board for a few years (which will become relevant later in this post). Here are my thoughts:

(1) For a number of reasons, I'm glad we traded Jimmy and decided to finally rebuild. I love Jimmy. I love his attitude, his approach to the game, and his story. The guy literally built himself into a top 3 SG out of sheer grit and determination. I wish him nothing but the best and will be rooting for him every step of the way in Minny, so long as they aren't playing us. That being said, it didn't seem like it was going to work out for us with him here as a #1 player. I also wasn't looking forward to giving him a super max starting with him nearing 30. I'm trying to diminish him as a player, but giving 30+ mil a year to an end-of-prime guy who can't will a team to more than mid 40 wins per year isn't something to aim for. I think we will soon see that the new supermax is going to handicap a lot of teams and I'd prefer not be one of them.

(2) On paper, the return for Jimmy was significantly less than I expected. I'm disappointed not to have a future top three pick, and I'm disappointed that Lavine is coming off an ACL and going to be an RFA at the end of this season. I really don't get why we had to send the 16 to MIN. Suck it up and grow a pair, Garpax. If Thibs tells you it's not going to get done without us sending him the 16th, tell him to go pound sand and then watch him come groveling back within 5 minutes.

(3) Not on paper, the deal may not be that bad. I like Markkanen's tape, and I'm not going to freak out about Dunn's rookie season under Thibs. Go look at Jimmy's rookie season under Thibs - they don't go well. If Lavine stays on track, Markkanen doesn't bust, and Dunn develops into a rotation player, the return is better than we think. Look at what Sac got for Boogie this year - teams are not in the mood to give up future assets in the current NBA environment.

(4) Connecting back to my first point, I'm actually excited about the Bulls for the first time in awhile. I want to see our young guys play well and our team lose games. There is some great young talent in the next two drafts and I hope we are positioned to collect some of it.

(5) Shammy is a boss mod.

(6) Bulls forum. I'll be around more.
    (1)-(4) agreed and I think a lot of older posters on this forum that went away may come back now

(5) I might retire soon

(6)

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I know some think we will have a top 3 pick. but there are some teams to watch out for being worse than us.

Kings (obviously still rebuilding )
    Nets (though really no reason for them to tank. just sad how bad they are.
    Hawks ( surprise. but after trading Dwight. if they don't retain Milsap (which is definitely plausible he chased money) they could be really bad. )
    Detroit ( lost by where they are heading. it feels like it's time. and they know it.
    Knicks (never know. hell. talked about trading their best young player and melo seems gone.
    Orlando (not really too sure with them )
    pacers (depends on PG but they seem like they are at the brink.

the good news is. Lakers 76ers and Pheonix all seem to think they are on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkels View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what the competing terrible teams will do this off season along with us. Hopefully the Kings will add some free agents with their cap space this offseason and get better. I am more worried about the Magic, Pacers without PG and of course the Nets will do. Pacers could be downright terrible depending on their return package they get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know some think we will have a top 3 pick. but there are some teams to watch out for being worse than us.

Kings (obviously still rebuilding )
    Nets (though really no reason for them to tank. just sad how bad they are.
    Hawks ( surprise. but after trading Dwight. if they don't retain Milsap (which is definitely plausible he chased money) they could be really bad. )
    Detroit ( lost by where they are heading. it feels like it's time. and they know it.
    Knicks (never know. hell. talked about trading their best young player and melo seems gone.
    Orlando (not really too sure with them )
    pacers (depends on PG but they seem like they are at the brink.

the good news is. Lakers 76ers and Pheonix all seem to think they are on the rise.
    No need to worry guys. We have Fred. Fred can handle the tank! I surely trust him.

Yeah, I trust Fred to really minimize whatever slim chance the Bulls have of winning games. If I had to guess, he will use about 15 different starting lineups and none will last longer than a few games in a row. His plays after timeouts will continue to yield nothing, and his rotations in game will be perplexing at best. Then there's his sideline demeanor....I've seen shadows with more presence than Fred. Perfect tank coach except for the fact you're probably sacrificing some individual development. Either way, it won't matter until the new coach/regime is in place.

It really is just a moot point until changes happen up top, GarPax and Fred have to be swept away before this team can begin anything serious.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    It really is just a moot point until changes happen up top, GarPax and Fred have to be swept away before this team can begin anything serious.
    I disagree. I think Fred's incompetence can help them lose games. Obviously, if they miss on the picks, well, that's another story, but hopefully that isn't the case.

Once they're ready to start spending again in FA (which realistically should be no earlier than 3 years from now), then sure, a new FO needs to be in place and somewhat established. I believe Gar & Fed will be the fall guys at the end of next season anyway. I think it was KG that mentioned this, but somehow I think Pax still survives this...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bulls' Off-Season Discussion Thread

Antonio Blakeney (@blakeney96) will play Summer League with the Bulls. He was one of my sleepers in this class. I interviewed him in May:

https://twitter.com/alexkennedynba/s...15818215448576

Don't be surprised if Antonio Blakeney (@blakeney96) does well with the Chicago Bulls' Summer League team. Here is he catching fire from 3:

https://twitter.com/alexkennedynba/s...17795439677440

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19730340

Hard not to like the kid.

Chicago Sports News*@ChiSportUpdates

#Bulls Kris Dunn has arrived in Chicago.

Lauri Markkanen*@MarkkanenLauri
    Replying to*@MarkkanenLauri and 3 others

#BullsNation, I just got to Chicago, looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow and getting to work! #Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    A lot of college basketball players put on a front and are douchebags, but he's genuinely a good dude. Never had a bad interaction with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago Sports News*@ChiSportUpdates·36m

#Bulls have until this Friday to make a decision on Rajon
    Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_47 View Post
    Chicago Sports News*@ChiSportUpdates·36m

#Bulls have until this Friday to make a decision on Rajon
    Rondo.
    I'd imagine they're trying to trade him for whatever, but if they can't, then it's an easy decision, no?

You move on and let Dunn, Payne, & Grant battle it out at PG.