Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Number of Forums

Maybe I've asked this in the past, I'm not sure, but why do we still have so many forums? It seems to me that with the number of pretty much dead forums we have, that merging some of these together would actually make other forums stronger and more active.

For example, do we really need an MLB Hall of Fame, Prospects and Player Comparison forum? Wouldn't it be beneficially to merge these with the MLB forum? If the MLB forum were more active, I'd go into it more. Even if it were with threads that can be found in one of these other forums.

Instead of having to click on five different forums to create activity, I'd just have to go to the one that I know will have activity. It would create more active threads in a forums and more posts. I would also think from a marketing standpoint that this would make those forums more powerful.

Do we need the Garage forum or even the music forum or Food & Beverage at this point? Why not merge these with General Discussions?

Is MMA, Motorsports, Golf, Tennis, etc. needed? I wouldn't mind talking about some of these events, but I'm not going to click a dead forum and see if there is anything going on in there to talk about golf. But if I'm already going into a certain forum, like General Discussions or just a General Sports forum, I'd post about them in there.

I make a lot of my posts from my phone, as well. It doesn't tell me if there are new posts or when the last post was in a forum.

Just some food for thought. I think consolidation is needed, if possible.

Surprised not one response on this. I was hoping to see something by now.

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Surprised not one response on this. I was hoping to see something by now.
    It's under discussion in the mods forum, but things is slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Do we need the Garage forum or even the music forum or Food & Beverage at this point? Why not merge these with General Discussions?
    You bite your tongue. That's literally the only forum I even look at these days.

This is actually a great idea imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are definitely going to be discussing this throughout the next week or so. What I would like to hear from certain members are how you think we should organize things if we do consolidate forums. A couple thoughts:

1.) I've seen on other forums that they have a stickied "directory" in the main forum. So if we consolidated Religion, Science, Garage and the Food forum into the GD forum, we could have threads for each subject (and others) with links in the stickied directory

2.) Instead of having threads, I can create prefixes in each forum to identify which topic it is. So using the same examples above, we can do the same thing. However, using the baseball example, I can also have prefixes for player comps, HOF arguments, prospects, etc.

Or I am free to other ideas that you have. In addition to what the staff thinks, I really want to hear perspective from the user base as well.

You could merge the 76ers and the Lakers. For years these two teams only talk about the exact two same things. Losing on purpose and the draft.

Please leave the Wrestling and Politics forums as they are. Both of those forums are fine and shouldn't be consolidated into anything. I don't post in the rest, so I don't particularly care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Please leave the Wrestling and Politics forums as they are. Both of those forums are fine and shouldn't be consolidated into anything. I don't post in the rest, so I don't particularly care about them.
    I would say both of those forums are safe.