Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1920
    10/400 for Harper > 10/200 for Stanton

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

for the prices i pay to get to see yankee games upclose I want to see Harper, Stanton and Machado

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    for the prices i pay to get to see yankee games upclose I want to see Harper, Stanton and Machado
    Done , I'll call Hank
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    10/400 for Harper > 10/200 for Stanton

I don't think it quite that simple, especially if that extra 20m went toward signing Machado. I don't think having Stanton and Judge in the same line up for the next 10 yr is a great idea, but at 20m a yr it gives u something to think about. 20m a yr only gets you a pretty good player these days certainly not a perinatal AS.

Don't get me wrong Harper is an amazing player but if he wins or even finishes in the top 3 in the MVP races the next 2 yrs i don't think getting 40m a yr will be unrealistic. As good as he is, assuming Hal keeps the payroll right around the luxury tax line, i'm not sure 1 player is worth 20% of our entire payroll. Especially when we will have 4 or 5 pretty expensive players to resign in the next few yr

Personally i'm hoping the Yanks sign Machado and another front of the rotation arm, hopefully Otani. Then continue to build from within using the farm to fill in other positions or through trades. Then only use FA to plug holes we can't find another way to fill or add someone that would be a huge upgrade over what we already have

the dodgers have apparently close to 15 scouts following Otani so we have some hard competition

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the dodgers have apparently close to 15 scouts following Otani so we have some hard competition
    that doesn't surprise me at all, whoever signs Otani it will be like winning the baseball lottery. The thing that hurts the Dodgers is Otani wanting to hit. I read just the other day that it is very important to him to get a chance to hit regularly. With no DH the NL teams will either have to let him play the field or loose out on their chance to get him. If it really is about who and where he is the most comfortable with along with a chance to hit a couple days a week i still like our chances. We won't have a set DH going into the off season and enough quality hitter in the MLB or coming soon that i don't think we'd be losing a ton of offense if he hit 2-3 days a week. When u factor in how cheap he's going to be, he's only going to be 23 next season and with the massive impact he should have on the mound its worth a shot.

Just read an interesting article about Tanaka and him opting out. Davidoff talked to multiple high level scouts and executives and non of them thought he would be able to get a contract with a higher AAV than 22.3 M he is making now. So the question is if he does opt out would you resign him to a 5yr deal for 100-110m over 5 yrs or do u just let him walk. Other than the first 6 weeks this yr he has been a stud for us and is only 28, then again the UCL in his arm is a ticking time bomb. So do u resign him to a below market deal considering the numbers he puts up or let him walk because of the concern over his elbow.

I think for me it all depends on what happens with Otani, if we can sign him i think we let Tanaka walk if he opts opt. If we don't land Otani, Tanaka is a top 2 pitcher this yr and from the sounds of the article we could get him pretty cheap compared to Darvish

The Dodgers got Darvish and are scouting Otani heavily. Otani wants to hit. The Dodgers can guarantee that he'll hit 30 games, if he pitches all season. Then, there are games against the American League where he can DH, if that's an issue. No American League team is going to offer him more than two games per week, in my opinion, unless they allow him to hit when he pitches and DH for a weak batter in the lineup. Imagine that Judge gets a day off in the field and Torreyes is playing shortstop and Judge DHs for Torreyes, because Otani is a better hitter than Torreyes.

Anything is possible. It will be interesting how it plays out, but i don't see him as a hitter much, just due to the nature of things.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I don't think it quite that simple, especially if that extra 20m went toward signing Machado. I don't think having Stanton and Judge in the same line up for the next 10 yr is a great idea, but at 20m a yr it gives u something to think about. 20m a yr only gets you a pretty good player these days certainly not a perinatal AS.

Don't get me wrong Harper is an amazing player but if he wins or even finishes in the top 3 in the MVP races the next 2 yrs i don't think getting 40m a yr will be unrealistic. As good as he is, assuming Hal keeps the payroll right around the luxury tax line, i'm not sure 1 player is worth 20% of our entire payroll. Especially when we will have 4 or 5 pretty expensive players to resign in the next few yr

Personally i'm hoping the Yanks sign Machado and another front of the rotation arm, hopefully Otani. Then continue to build from within using the farm to fill in other positions or through trades. Then only use FA to plug holes we can't find another way to fill or add someone that would be a huge upgrade over what we already have
    This message is spot on. Stanton plus Machado plus Otani would be a good combination. So much can happen though. Torres could come up next year and be a real stud and Castro could remain excellent and even Andujar could be ready, so money might not be needed for Machado and you are left with a choice of trading Castro and going with Stanton and Machado or keeping Castro and signing Harper. Assuming Torres plays either 3B or 2B depending on need / availability, then which would you prefer? Harper and Castro or Stanton and Machado and a couple of prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    This message is spot on. Stanton plus Machado plus Otani would be a good combination. So much can happen though. Torres could come up next year and be a real stud and Castro could remain excellent and even Andujar could be ready, so money might not be needed for Machado and you are left with a choice of trading Castro and going with Stanton and Machado or keeping Castro and signing Harper. Assuming Torres plays either 3B or 2B depending on need / availability, then which would you prefer? Harper and Castro or Stanton and Machado and a couple of prospects.
    I would lean Stanton, Machado and the prospects at this point but there is a whole season before we have to make the Machado/ Harper decision and i just don't see the Yanks locking in a DH for the next 10 yrs this winter
    Torres wasn't taking to 3rd base as quickly as they were hoping and his bat plays way up as a SS/2nd baseman. Andujar is a long long way away with the glove, being as far as behind his glove is from his bat i don't think a position change to 1st is out of the question. Castro is having an AS season but he's missed a ton of time to injury and he has been so up and down in previous seasons i'm not sure he is part of the Yanks long term plans. Also we have a full yr before we have to make a decision on Machado or Harper

IMO this winter should be about trying to get another top flight arm, hopefully Otani. Then worry about unloading as much of Ellsbury's contract as we possibly can. I could see them keeping Gardy and i could also see them trading him also.

Getting a top rotation piece should happen no matter what. Even though they are playing like an older team we still have a bunch of impact players both on the roster and coming that we could use next yr to evaluate. If at the end of next yr 3rd base is as shaky as i think it will be go get Machado. Top priority to me is Otani, then after that work to figure everything else out

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    that doesn't surprise me at all, whoever signs Otani it will be like winning the baseball lottery. The thing that hurts the Dodgers is Otani wanting to hit. I read just the other day that it is very important to him to get a chance to hit regularly. With no DH the NL teams will either have to let him play the field or loose out on their chance to get him. If it really is about who and where he is the most comfortable with along with a chance to hit a couple days a week i still like our chances. We won't have a set DH going into the off season and enough quality hitter in the MLB or coming soon that i don't think we'd be losing a ton of offense if he hit 2-3 days a week. When u factor in how cheap he's going to be, he's only going to be 23 next season and with the massive impact he should have on the mound its worth a shot.
    Actually, I think it's the other way around.... with the Yanks (or any other AL team), they don't have to let him hit... and hitting won't be in the contract... no GM will take the option from his manager... (at least if they like their jobs)...

With the Dodgers, with no DH, they HAVE to let him hit... at least on days he's pitching... and once he establishes himself... he can get more forceful about it...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The Dodgers got Darvish and are scouting Otani heavily. Otani wants to hit. The Dodgers can guarantee that he'll hit 30 games, if he pitches all season. Then, there are games against the American League where he can DH, if that's an issue. No American League team is going to offer him more than two games per week, in my opinion, unless they allow him to hit when he pitches and DH for a weak batter in the lineup. Imagine that Judge gets a day off in the field and Torreyes is playing shortstop and Judge DHs for Torreyes, because Otani is a better hitter than Torreyes.

Anything is possible. It will be interesting how it plays out, but i don't see him as a hitter much, just due to the nature of things.
    Sounds good... except the part about DH'ing for Torreyes... unless Torreyes is pitching... not allowed.. this is not NFHS rules (High School) where the DH can bat for anyone... in MLB (and I believe NCAA too) the DH can only replace the bat of the pitcher....
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Nobody is going to let him DH when not pitching

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Nobody is going to let him DH when not pitching

Exactly, especially how much coin he'll be making
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Exactly, especially how much coin he'll be making
    He won't be making a lot if he comes here this upcoming season.