Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Only deals cash will make is for a controlled player or a cheap 1b. No to Frazier and drob. Cash won't mortgage future. We have too many holes to improve at deadline. This team is close but it's not our year.

Needed big year from piñata and bullpen. Both have stunk.

Let the kids come up and get seasoned. Trial by fire and then regroup this winter. See who we can dump this month and let the kids see if they can get into playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Only deals cash will make is for a controlled player or a cheap 1b. No to Frazier and drob. Cash won't mortgage future. We have too many holes to improve at deadline. This team is close but it's not our year.

Needed big year from piñata and bullpen. Both have stunk.

Let the kids come up and get seasoned. Trial by fire and then regroup this winter. See who we can dump this month and let the kids see if they can get into playoffs.
    Pretty much.

Cahman told me Bird is the 1b going forward (2018), which is why walk-yr players like Alonso and Duda make sense #Yankees
    - Joel

Then I'd just stand pat with what they have at 1B.

They do need to make trades to clean up the upcoming 40 man roster, though.

Chance Adams, 23 in August, is 10-3 with a 1.94 ERA in a combined 17 starts for Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this year. In 92 ²/₃ innings, the right-hander has 96 strikeouts and issued 37 walks.

Would love to see this kid in the Bronx. Joe feels he's not ready?! What more does he need to prove? Just the kind of excitement they need to re-energize the fan base and get the ball rolling in right direction. Remember the excitement in 09 Joba brought?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Chance Adams, 23 in August, is 10-3 with a 1.94 ERA in a combined 17 starts for Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this year. In 92 ²/₃ innings, the right-hander has 96 strikeouts and issued 37 walks.

Would love to see this kid in the Bronx. Joe feels he's not ready?! What more does he need to prove? Just the kind of excitement they need to re-energize the fan base and get the ball rolling in right direction. Remember the excitement in 09 Joba brought?
    Supposedly his command isn't good and his fastball is straight. He also has a very low GB% in the minors and almost every good pitcher gets a high GB% in the minors just because of how overpowering they are.

High pitch counts. Doesn't get deep into games. Lasts like 5 innings in the minors on 100 pitches. Here he'd be lucky to last 4 innings. There are more then numbers, doc

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I'm not in favor of giving up blue chip prospects for Gray. I'd prefer we go after a cheaper starter. I might feel differently if we were 15 over .500 and looking like a genuine contender, but I'm unconvinced that we're anything more than a fringe contender this year.
    Agreed and I like Frazier more n more
    #BringBackMatty

If we can get Gray without giving up Frazier and Torres, that's a win.

We might have to get Gray now, since we might have no pitching next year.

Meh. I think we should stand pat. None of our top ten should be traded. Gray isn't that special.
    If cash can steal a deal with lower prospects, fine. But this team isn't gray away from October. We need much much more.

Alonso may be a better fit, since he's a FA at year end and will be cheaper.

Bour's arbitration years are 2018-2020, and he's making league minimum now, so he will cost more. If Bird pans out, Bour could either DH or the Yankees could trade him. My fear at this point is that Bird is going to be another Nick Johnson.
    I've been saying this about Bird since May 1...And now I hear he is getting surgery on the ankle....

He needs to prove he can play and hopefully goes to winter ball and then comes back ready for a hopefully healthy 2018....But nagging injuries might be a part of his career...either way 2018 will be his final chance to make the lineup....

Mush
    My Top Avenged Sevenfold songs

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

With the final nail in the coffin with the Pineda injury this team is toast IMO.....

No pitching! If Cashman felt the team was ready for prime time he would have done the Quintana deal......

But he is not going to sacrifice the future now as they are in year 2 of the youth movement and the rest of the season will be good for some of the kids...It is just too bad they hit the skids after starting out 38-23 and then Pineda goes down as well....We can't say that they were not competitive during this prolong slump....The bullpen blew 10 games that probably should have been wins...just reserve 10 wins and losses to their current record and they are still in 1st place and Quintana is a Yankee......

I would somehow try to trade Headley and Ellsbury like they did with McCann and eat a lot of money.....

Then trade Gardy, Betances, Holliday for some more minor leaguers to refill the supply chain that left voids when Sanchez, Judge,Monty and Frazier were called up...

This team is not going to overtake the RedSox...and the Rays are a better team as well...now my goal would be a Rays/Yankee playoff down here in Tampa but I'd still fly up to New York for a WC game as well...But I don't see the Yankees in the WC mix much longer anyway.....

Mush

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by WHOCARES? View Post
    If we can get Gray without giving up Frazier and Torres, that's a win.

We might have to get Gray now, since we might have no pitching next year.
    No pitching next year?

1. Tanaka
    2. Severino
    3. Monty
    4. Adams
    5 . CC or another free agent

2018 is another year for the kids to gain experience and then pounce on Harper and or Machado along with some ace starter next offseason! The rest of the league has taken notice....I believe we are in a better position than the Cubs with our youth movement...look at how old their rotation is.....Yes Q helps but Lackey and Arrieta will be gone and Lester will be looking at 35-36 years old....and they already traded away major pieces of their farm in 2016 and 2017 to try to overtake the Brewers which they will..

I think we have more youth in the lineup by 2019 then their lineup of homegrown talent...
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-18-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Mush

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

Who's on top of your wish list at the trade deadline?

I think we add a 1B and someone for pitching depth (we won't pay what it takes to get Sonny Gray).

Justin Bour or Yonder Alonso would fit at 1B. Someone like Jason Vargas might work as a SP.
    I think Alonso is the best fit and alot less expensive the Bour. With the position player being pretty soft, especially first base he might cost us a prospect in the 10-15 range and a promising lottery ticket.

Cashman has been quoted multiple time before Bird got hurt that he felt Bird was the best hitter in the system. That was of course before Judge took off, If the Brass thinks that highly of him i highly doubt they don't give him another chance next yr

I was told yesterday from a source that i trust that the Cards, depending on how they play may make Carlos Martinez available. To me it doesn't pass the smell test but if it does happen he's a guy u back the truck up for. He's signed a 5 yr 51 million dollar deal the past winter so we would be getting 4 yrs of him.

IMO i think we'll add a 11st baseman, maybe a reliever and the prices drop a descent starter. We were never supposed to be a playoff contender this yr so what were done so far is icing on the cake' The real goal was was to have the rebuild this yr and next and be ready to legitamately compete in 18 after that huge FA class. This team haas been anamazing surprise but were not in the same league as the Astro or Dodgers and with as many whole as we have there is no reason to trade a bunch of our top assets in an attempt to win this yr.

I would use the guys that are on the 40 man bubble to make some upgrades and continue on with the youth movement with an eye on 18 season

From what I heard is that Adams while he is pitching well in the minors he is still struggling with command on a consistent basis. His fastball command has been the issue....If you can't locate your fastball in the majors the hitters will know this and just wait and sit and destroy pitches in 1-0,2-0, 2-1, 3-1 counts that all of sudden find the middle of the plate.....Once his command improves he will be up...

Mush

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife
    Unbound
    Nightmare
    Buried Alive
    Shepard of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Heretic
    The Stage
    Fermi Paradox
    To End the Rapture

[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think Alonso is the best fit and alot less expensive the Bour. With the position player being pretty soft, especially first base he might cost us a prospect in the 10-15 range and a promising lottery ticket.

Cashman has been quoted multiple time before Bird got hurt that he felt Bird was the best hitter in the system. That was of course before Judge took off, If the Brass thinks that highly of him i highly doubt they don't give him another chance next yr

I was told yesterday from a source that i trust that the Cards, depending on how they play may make Carlos Martinez available. To me it doesn't pass the smell test but if it does happen he's a guy u back the truck up for. He's signed a 5 yr 51 million dollar deal the past winter so we would be getting 4 yrs of him.

IMO i think we'll add a 11st baseman, maybe a reliever and the prices drop a descent starter. We were never supposed to be a playoff contender this yr so what were done so far is icing on the cake' The real goal was was to have the rebuild this yr and next and be ready to legitamately compete in 18 after that huge FA class. This team haas been anamazing surprise but were not in the same league as the Astro or Dodgers and with as many whole as we have there is no reason to trade a bunch of our top assets in an attempt to win this yr.

I would use the guys that are on the 40 man bubble to make some upgrades and continue on with the youth movement with an eye on 18 season
    Lucas Duda might be a better fit as well.....FRom what I heard the Mets only want a couple of lower level prospects for Duda..

He would feast on the short porch...With no Bird in 2017 why not for a rental?

Mush

Unholy Confessions
    Chapter Four
    Second Heartbeat
    Remenissions
    Eternal Rest
    Bat Country
    Beast and Harlot
    Critical Acclaim
    Almost Easy
    Afterlife