Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Cashman is doing a great job, don't see how someone could possibly deny that. A lot of the bad moves have come from people above him that intervened.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Cashman is doing a great job, don't see how someone could possibly deny that. A lot of the bad moves have come from people above him that intervened.
    All too true... when the owners become fans is when the Yanks have signed most of their bad deals... (George was a master of that)..

I don't see the Yanks making any moves for big names this year... but I do see some moves to close some holes if they can make the deal.. (much like the Webb for Cooper deal).. ONe thing they have stated publically... next year the Salaries WILL be below the tax threshold... So anybody with a big contract is not going to be coming here... helps that CC and ARod's deals expire, along with a few others... We'll just have to see what happens.. but right now, I like the direction this team is on... and the number of young players that are playing well is what is most noticable...

I know I would not mind seeing them move Headley and Gardner.. both to make room for other young players.. and maybe catch a few other skilled young players... the Yanks also have some Rule V decisions to make..

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBALL View Post
    He has only had nineteen years to figure it out, Give him another nineteen years and a couple of Billion
    maybe the Yankees will win another World Series. 2009 nine he spent 459 Million on Tex, A.J. and Sabathia
    great Job ? The Yankees can just raise ticket prices again. Fans don't care about paying more to go to the Bronx toilet bowl and watch this team.
    I've never seen you post anything positive about this team. You must be a real fun person to hangout with
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Every GM in every sport has some good and bad moves. There is not one GM that is perfect at every move. People need to stop being a video game GM some times.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

The absolute best move Hank and Hal made was stepping back and letting BB professionals run team operations. Thus far, imo, Cash has made far more good than bad decisions.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Who's on top of your wish list at the trade deadline?

I think we add a 1B and someone for pitching depth (we won't pay what it takes to get Sonny Gray).

Justin Bour or Yonder Alonso would fit at 1B. Someone like Jason Vargas might work as a SP.

Bour would be a nice addition. However does that signal an end to Bird's tenure at 1B?

I'm also reading Darvish and Cole Hamels may be available. I say may because there's conflicting info coming out of Texas. Media suggesting they will move one or both, Daniels denying report. Either would be a good fit, even if Darvish is a rental.
    Last edited by drt1010; 07-17-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Bour would be a nice addition. However does that signal an end to Bird's tenure at 1B?

Alonso may be a better fit, since he's a FA at year end and will be cheaper.

Bour's arbitration years are 2018-2020, and he's making league minimum now, so he will cost more. If Bird pans out, Bour could either DH or the Yankees could trade him. My fear at this point is that Bird is going to be another Nick Johnson.

Watch stealth Ninja Cashman pull off deals with CHI for Frazier/D-Rob and OAK for Alonso/Sonny.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Bour , I believe he would pelt the RF porch
    #BringBackMatty

GM Brian Cashman has said #Yankees will be “careful buyers.” NYY made offer for Quintana. Stands to reason they also are interested in Gray.
    Sources: #Athletics recently had top scout watching #Yankees’ Class A Charleston club. Both Sonny Gray and Yonder Alonso would fit NYY well.
    - Joel and Ken

What would you guys be willing to give up for Gray and Alonso? I don't think we should part with either Frazier or Torres. I would offer a package of Rutherford, Mateo, Sheffield/Acevedo/Adams and another lower level prospect. I think if we can keep Frazier and Gleyber that's a HUGE win for us.
    Last edited by yankeesfan101; 07-17-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    What would you guys be willing to give up for Gray and Alonso? I don't think we should part with either Frazier or Torres. I would offer a package of Rutherford, Mateo, Sheffield/Acevedo/Adams and another lower level prospect. I think if we can keep Frazier and Gleyber that's a HUGE win for us.
    I could give up frazier for a SP but not gray I hope Bcash goes after a different SP
    anything after getting a SP is just gravy
    I like gravy

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    I'd give up Mateo and one of the top pitchers but other than that I don't think Gray is worth the gamble because he seems so fragile.

I'm not in favor of giving up blue chip prospects for Gray. I'd prefer we go after a cheaper starter. I might feel differently if we were 15 over .500 and looking like a genuine contender, but I'm unconvinced that we're anything more than a fringe contender this year.

Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast