Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My issue with the Brave's system is its too pitching heavy. I know that sounds weird because you can never have too much pitching but with the way pitchers get hurt nowadays and their volatility in development, I would much rather have the positional player prospects the Yankees and White Sox have.

If I'm the Braves I look to unload some of those young arms for major league talent before injury becomes a factor.
    Point taken, however I wouldn't mind any of Giolito, Kopech, Lopez or Fulmer. Heck even Adams and Burdi would be welcome additions. We need arms. They have a bunch of quality pitchers that may develop into one of the best and deepest rotations in MLB. We have middle infield depth to spare, and some OF depth, lets make a deal.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    His stats are only slighly inflated at home... he's hit 7 bombs and .300 on the road.. So not too bad away from Colorado Springs...
    Slightly inflated? He's hitting .443 at home and .300 on the road. I'd hardly call that slightly inflated.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ok.
    His overall numbers in his past 7 or so starts have been terrible.

Better?

How was shuffleboard this morning?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    No. It's not better. And he doesn't play shuffleboard. His nuts sag so much he kept squishing them between the pole and the disks. That and he has horrible hemorrhoids that bleed when he bends over to push the disk.

(That and overtime RC sees the pole, he tries to slide down it.)

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Hmmmm. A professional GM gave up a top prospect for Quintana after PSD GMs said he wasn't worth a top 15 prospect in the Yankees system. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Slightly inflated? He's hitting .443 at home and .300 on the road. I'd hardly call that slightly inflated.
    He's hitting .300 on the road... That alone falls under the heading of better than what we've been getting...

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Hmmmm. A professional GM gave up a top prospect for Quintana after PSD GMs said he wasn't worth a top 15 prospect in the Yankees system. Weird.
    A professional Gm with a team that has enough talent to win the World Series and has had a team wide breakdown in starting pitching got a starting pitcher to put it back on top.

A professional GM that knows that he needs 3 starting pitchers, bullpen help and a 1B did not trade the team's best hitting and fielding prospect along with its 2 best pitching prospects and more for that same pitcher.

Perhaps the proper decision was made by both men.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    A professional Gm with a team that has enough talent to win the World Series and has had a team wide breakdown in starting pitching got a starting pitcher to put it back on top.

A professional GM that knows that he needs 3 starting pitchers, bullpen help and a 1B did not trade the team's best hitting and fielding prospect along with its 2 best pitching prospects and more for that same pitcher.

Big difference between Chicago and the Yanks... Chicago is the reigning champ, and their rotation has been horrid... ALL OF THEM... they fell under desperate... The yanks are rebuilding.. and before their June Swoon, they actually had some of the better rotation numbers in baseball... not to mention, the Yanks are REBUILDING... They clearly needed Q MORE.. so they were willing to pay the price...

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Point taken, however I wouldn't mind any of Giolito, Kopech, Lopez or Fulmer. Heck even Adams and Burdi would be welcome additions. We need arms. They have a bunch of quality pitchers that may develop into one of the best and deepest rotations in MLB. We have middle infield depth to spare, and some OF depth, lets make a deal.
    Yes, we have a lot of outfielders and could afford to trade one of the prospects or any major league outfielder except Judge for some pitching prospect. We also have depth at shortstop and a ton of Latin ballplayers, acquired in the international draft.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post

My post has nothing to do with what the Yankees should've done. It was for half this forum that said Q is a back end starter and doesn't have much value.

He's hitting .300 on the road... That alone falls under the heading of better than what we've been getting...
    It's the PCL, pretty sure even you could hit .250 in that league. I'll reserve my judgements.

That still doesn't change the fact that what you said, just isn't true. It's a huge difference. Get a grip.

My post has nothing to do with what the Yankees should've done. It was for half this forum that said Q is a back end starter and doesn't have much value.
    Shhh, don't use logic.

It's the PCL, pretty sure even you could hit .250 in that league. I'll reserve my judgements.

That still doesn't change the fact that what you said, just isn't true. It's a huge difference. Get a grip.
    Yeah, PCL is certainly always been a hitters league... even before Colorado Springs was added to the schedule.... Still... we have tons of young bullpen arms... only 2 young first basemen, and both of them are on the MLB DL right now... So on the surface, this looks like a deal from a position of strength to help a major spot of weakness... time will tell..

I'm sure that's why he's on the SWB roster, and not the MLB roster to start with... See how he does down there to start with...

At the same time.. Security Service field is also not known for playing like a band-box either... So I'm hopeful...

Yeah, PCL is certainly always been a hitters league... even before Colorado Springs was added to the schedule.... Still... we have tons of young bullpen arms... only 2 young first basemen, and both of them are on the MLB DL right now... So on the surface, this looks like a deal from a position of strength to help a major spot of weakness... time will tell..

I'm sure that's why he's on the SWB roster, and not the MLB roster to start with... See how he does down there to start with...

At the same time.. Security Service field is also not known for playing like a band-box either... So I'm hopeful...
    Andddd almost none of this had to do with my disagreement with your post. Sigh

Andddd almost none of this had to do with my disagreement with your post. Sigh
    I've got something on many of you in this case... I make my home in Colorado Springs... I've been in that stadium (quite a few times)... I've even been ON THE FIELD during some lesser games (not the Skysox) played at that field... Though it sits about 800-1000ft higher than coors, it does not play like it..

Still, I can't argue that the PCL has been a hitters league all the way back beyond my childhood. What can't be argued though is that the Yanks have a need at 1st, and cooper was blocked in Milwaukee.. and they needed a young BP arm and we have plenty of young bullpen arms... Will he work out? I think we can agree, that neither of us know...

As far as me being able to hit .250 in the PCL... Well, You've never seen me play and I only stopped due to injury in my younger years.. back then.. I very well may have hit .350 there... but alas, I'm old now... and I'd be happy to hit .250 anywhere.. I considered that a compliment... for at 48 years of age, I'm sure anyone would love to say they can still hit .250 in any pro league.. even the defensively challenged PCL...

Not really apples to apples.

The Cubs gave up one super top 15 OF prospect and a couple of add ons. Apparently they made a decision they had no room for him and were sticking with Schwarber. Similar to them trading Torres for Chapman last year. They had no room for him.

The comparison is the Yankees trading Rutherford in two years when they have a young starting OF of Judge, Frazier and Harper.

Page 40 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast