Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I feel like Bour is the second coming of Chase Headley.
    Nah, Chase had one career year and has been basically the same every year....Bour is your typical Power hitter that will club 30-40 homers for about 4-5 years then eat his way out of the league...He is already crushing donuts in the middle of competitions.....

Yankees could use him for about 2-3 years.....

Just no big prospects thought, I don't care how the Marlins sell him!

Plus he could be the perfect DH when Bird, cough, cough, returns....

Bout is the perfect big hairy lefty Cashman loves in Yankee Stadium...
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-11-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Nick

Bour has 59 HRs in 335 games and a career average of .271. He has shown steady improvement and is having his best season with a .289 average this year to date. I still like Bird better, because I think he is more likely to hit for a higher average. However, it couldn't hurt to get him and if Bird makes it back to use him as DH most days next year. That would eliminate Holiday's salary and if they trade Gardner in the offseason to save additional salary. It would be nice to have the lefty power in the lineup replaced. Bird, Bour and Didi would provide LH power to go along with Judge, Sanchez and Castro with Hicks and Headley as switch hitters and Ellsbury and Frazier taking turns in outfield or at DH, as well for a total balanced attack.

What about Smoak? The Jays system is a mess and they are deep into a decline.

Guy can pick it and throw with the best.

Matteo, Andujar/Fowler (apparently Fowler's value is still high) and Cessa(?)

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    What about Smoak? The Jays system is a mess and they are deep into a decline.

Guy can pick it and throw with the best.

Matteo, Andujar/Fowler (apparently Fowler's value is still high) and Cessa(?)
    The Jays aren't going to trade him to a division rival but I wouldn't give up much of anything for a guy who has had one good half season. Before this season Smoak was awful.

to me Alonso is the guy that makes the most sense, I don't think he's going to be incredibly expensive. I still think Bird will be back next yr and still at least imo shown enough that he deserves a chance when healthy. I would bet the Yankees are going to get a 1st baseman and I'd rather not give up any big time future assets for a 1st baseman for this yr.

I'd love to see them try to both buy and sell at the same time with an eye towards next yr but that probably asking to much. It should be interesting to see what happens

You know, as I sit here and read this garbage... yes GARBAGE from those of you who want to give up on Bird.. I remember back about 6 months ago... give and/or take a month.. on how many of you (and you know who you are) were preaching that the Yanks needed to move judge because he'll only be a strikeout machine and move Sevy out or to the pen because he'll never amount to a decent starter.... I laugh thinking about this as both Spent the week in Maimi representing the Yanks at this years MLB All-Star game ( deservedly so I might add) and realize.. You guys just have been too used to George... That's how the boss would have done it... and if the FO had done just what you wanted... We'd be watching both players star for other teams right now...

Now we get to hear it again with Bird.. When are you going to learn that you can't spot talent? Bird when healthy has raked.. (ST)... Why have the Yanks gone on a losing string... well think about things a moment... when this team was winning... who was in the lineup? Well, I can name 3 of those guys who were all on the DL during the losing streak... Castro (another AS game Rep), Holiday and Hicks... and that's not to mention that Bird has been out most of the season and when he was on the field, it was hurt.... Well, we're getting 2 of those 3 back this week when games resume.. (not sure on Hicks) Don't think for a moment when 4/9ths of your best lineup is on the DL, that it won't effect your W/L numbers... It would be odd if it didn't.. Yeah.. Ells is back again instead of hicks.. but Hicks outplayed him too...

So, stop trying to trade Bird.. while he's hurt.. his value is very low... so that alone is foolish.. The Yanks have a few weeks to think about 1st.. and they will await the tests on Bird before making any moves (well, outside of finally saying goodbye to Carter.. I had rather hoped he'd hit well enough to become trade bait.. but that didn't happen) Let things play out... They may find something on Bird and he'll be back soon... . but Knowing will be 90% of the battle..

And going for Pen help won't help right now.. the 3 worst offenders in the bullpen implosion were the 3 backend guys... 2 of them are considered the best in baseball... how do you replace the best in the game? A trade won't help there... and Clippard has a good rep and you won't find many that are available and considered better... so it works in our favor to fix them...The middle relief has not been the major issue..and those are the guys that will be a dime a dozen in the next few weeks..

I think how this team does over the next 2 weeks will determine what Brian does... if they go back to winning, I expect to see some deal to try to improve... back to losing.... deals that are by way of sellers... So let's wait and see... I'd rather see them play the kids this year and forget about playoffs... (they may still happen anyways)... in the long run, we'll benefit more...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    You know, as I sit here and read this garbage... yes GARBAGE from those of you who want to give up on Bird.. I remember back about 6 months ago... give and/or take a month.. on how many of you (and you know who you are) were preaching that the Yanks needed to move judge because he'll only be a strikeout machine and move Sevy out or to the pen because he'll never amount to a decent starter.... I laugh thinking about this as both Spent the week in Maimi representing the Yanks at this years MLB All-Star game ( deservedly so I might add) and realize.. You guys just have been too used to George... That's how the boss would have done it... and if the FO had done just what you wanted... We'd be watching both players star for other teams right now...

Now we get to hear it again with Bird.. When are you going to learn that you can't spot talent? Bird when healthy has raked.. (ST)... Why have the Yanks gone on a losing string... well think about things a moment... when this team was winning... who was in the lineup? Well, I can name 3 of those guys who were all on the DL during the losing streak... Castro (another AS game Rep), Holiday and Hicks... and that's not to mention that Bird has been out most of the season and when he was on the field, it was hurt.... Well, we're getting 2 of those 3 back this week when games resume.. (not sure on Hicks) Don't think for a moment when 4/9ths of your best lineup is on the DL, that it won't effect your W/L numbers... It would be odd if it didn't.. Yeah.. Ells is back again instead of hicks.. but Hicks outplayed him too...

So, stop trying to trade Bird.. while he's hurt.. his value is very low... so that alone is foolish.. The Yanks have a few weeks to think about 1st.. and they will await the tests on Bird before making any moves (well, outside of finally saying goodbye to Carter.. I had rather hoped he'd hit well enough to become trade bait.. but that didn't happen) Let things play out... They may find something on Bird and he'll be back soon... . but Knowing will be 90% of the battle..

And going for Pen help won't help right now.. the 3 worst offenders in the bullpen implosion were the 3 backend guys... 2 of them are considered the best in baseball... how do you replace the best in the game? A trade won't help there... and Clippard has a good rep and you won't find many that are available and considered better... so it works in our favor to fix them...The middle relief has not been the major issue..and those are the guys that will be a dime a dozen in the next few weeks..

I think how this team does over the next 2 weeks will determine what Brian does... if they go back to winning, I expect to see some deal to try to improve... back to losing.... deals that are by way of sellers... So let's wait and see... I'd rather see them play the kids this year and forget about playoffs... (they may still happen anyways)... in the long run, we'll benefit more...

I really hope they sit tight or even better, sell.
    No one expected this team to be good. They had a hot streak and many got over excited. They have come back to earth. In part for reasons you stated but also, it just happens.

Enjoy the build!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

i think you are absolutely right, most people are way to quick to give up and give away or move extremely talented young players on a small sample size. Bird when healthy has raked, i don't know whats wrong with him but i'm not counting on him for the rest of the season. I think how they play on this road trip will determin how good of first baseman they are going to go get and they are going to get somebody.

As far as the losing streak when your missing 3 of the top 5 hitters in your lineup and have little or no production from first and 3rd your going to struggle, period. I fact this team has been killed by injuries. We lost our top pitching prospect that was expected to be part of the rotation sometime this yr, plus we lose Torres who would have been up to probably help the team by the end of this month. Add those to Bird and those are some key losses this team has had. We've just had some breakout seasons that have hidden these losses.

As far as the Betances, i think his lack of use for those 2 weeks is what got his mechanics off. He has always been a high volume reliever, He's only got 28 innings so far this yr and is projected for about 53, his previous low was 74 last yr with a high of 90 in 15. With mechanics like his you need to stay sharp and its Joe G's fault imo for not realizing it. Chapman got over used by the Cubs and hasn't been the same this yr.

I've said this from the start of the trade rumors, the only thing we should trade anything of long term value for is a young starter with front of the rotation upsided we could control for a couple yrs. This team is set up for the future big time and i hope we don't traded something big to just get into the playoffs or solve a temporary problem that should be much easier to solve this off season

Need a 1Bman and some RP help. Hopefully while not giving up any of the top kiddies.
    Or if Bird would stop faking, our 1B situation would be resolved internally.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bird is the next coming of Nick Johnson. Remember, he's another guy who also used to get mysterious injuries.

It's still more likely a guy fails than succeeds though. You point to Judge and Severino as cases of why to be patient. You can also point to Joba, Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy, Mason Williams, Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos, Jose Tabata, Slade Heathcott, etc as reasons to sell high.

It's not even giving up on Bird. At this point the Yankees need to find a guy to play first for the near future. It could even be a veteran on a one year deal in FA this offseason. Bird is going to have to force the issue to get playing time. The Yankees can't afford to wait on an UNPROVEN and always injured first baseman.

Ok bfrap...but can we at least trade Pineda? I can't stand watching him pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Need a 1Bman and some RP help. Hopefully while not giving up any of the top kiddies.
    Or if Bird would stop faking, our 1B situation would be resolved internally.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Ok bfrap...but can we at least trade Pineda? I can't stand watching him pitch.
    He's been mostly pitching well... and that would be Seller mode... that may very well be a good idea. They may be able to pick up some nice young talent... Pineda could get us some decent chips.. maybe even a starter a year or so away from the MLB level.

The Giants are open for business and are willing to trade anyone except Posey, Bumgardner and another pitcher. However, some of their pitchers have limited value. Cute has been a disappointment, as has Samardzija, Cain and Melancon. If there was any possibility of trading Ellsbury and even adding a sweetener (Rule V player or two that we are losing) for one of these pitchers, would you?

Ellsbury's contract is $21 million per year for the next three years with a buyout. Cueto's contract is 21 million per year for the next 4 years, but he can opt out at the end of this year, Cain's contract is $20 million per year for the next several years, Samarzija's contract is 18 million per year for the next 3 years and Melancon is $38 million total for the next three plus $12 million allocation of his bonus on the salary cap.

Page 37 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast