Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    It took me 6 months to recover from bilateral calf injuries and even 8 months later they never got to the bottom of the cause of the injury.

I went to highly regarded

Physical therapists
    Neurologists
    Sports orthopedics

I had MRIs done, nerve tests amongst a multitude of other tests, and it wasn't located.

Regardless of the Yankees reach with access to some of the best doctors in the world, it doesn't change the fact that the body is indeed tricky.

Look at how long it took them to find Teix's leg injury, months. Hairline fractures are very hard to locate.

If you're gonna believe some ***** *** 'anonymous source', then I believe I have a bridge to sell you.

First off it was probably a deep bone bruise (or a bruise within a bruise). Just because the surface healed, it doesn't mean that the inside healed fully.

There's also the possibility of nerve pain or some types of plantar fasciitis, which might be hard to detect. Some people get up in the morning and they are fine, but their feet ache when they hit the floor. He might need to sleep with his feet elevated. There are all sorts of possibilities.

I, personally, experienced left ankle pain when I unconsciously was siting forward at my desk at work and crossing my right foot behind my left ankle. It sounds silly, but once I noticed the habit, I stopped doing it and the pain went away.

Why believe anyone other than the player?

At this level of comp being in the game is all that matters. Less than .5% of HS players will go on to play pro ball, about 10% of NCAA athletes will make a pro roster, of that 10% less than half make and stick with an MLB team for three years. http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/probability.htm

This has probably been a life long ambition for Bird. Why would he let it slip away feigning an injury? Ludicrous assumption.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

I get that reliever packages have gotten more expensive(see Chapman and Miller last year). But I am not a fan of giving up top prospects for a RP. The package both those teams gave up to the Yankees is absolutely crazy to me. If it weren't for both the Indians and Cubs making the WS then I don't think those trades look very favorable for either the Indians or Cubs. It made more sense for those teams though because they were legit great teams. This Yankees team isn't great yet, not like those teams were last season. I think it makes more sense to see what they have in prospects unless it is for a young controlled starter. No way I feel comfortable in even giving up Andujar(borderline top 100 prospect) for Hand.

On the flip side the Cubs did get maybe the best RP in baseball for Jorge Soler which isn't much compared to what the Yanks got for Chapman and Miller.

I don't think Bird is faking anything I would imagine he is truly injured. The only thing is how badly because every athlete through an entire professional season is going to have some ache and pain. I don't know this guy personally to speak about his character. I just take his word for what its worth.

As far as trades I do not see why the Yankees need to go out and make any significant trades other then work out the Rule V situation they will face in the near future. I would be more then fine letting Head, Holliday, or even Romine getting time at 1B in lieu of going out and getting a 1B for now. Wade hasn't been hitting the ball well but keep him up and use him for his versatility. Frazier is a legit bat that is going to be sent down once Hicks/Holliday come back from the DL, but he definitely impressed. Ref hasn't played in forever but he can play several positions. Pitching on the other hand might as well give any and everyone a shot in the bullpen.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I don't think Bird is faking anything I would imagine he is truly injured. The only thing is how badly because every athlete through an entire professional season is going to have some ache and pain. I don't know this guy personally to speak about his character. I just take his word for what its worth.

As far as trades I do not see why the Yankees need to go out and make any significant trades other then work out the Rule V situation they will face in the near future. I would be more then fine letting Head, Holliday, or even Romine getting time at 1B in lieu of going out and getting a 1B for now. Wade hasn't been hitting the ball well but keep him up and use him for his versatility. Frazier is a legit bat that is going to be sent down once Hicks/Holliday come back from the DL, but he definitely impressed. Ref hasn't played in forever but he can play several positions. Pitching on the other hand might as well give any and everyone a shot in the bullpen.
    They should be able to flip some of the rule 5 guys for a decent pen arm.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    They should be able to flip some of the rule 5 guys for a decent pen arm.

Definitely need pitching help. both BP and rotation. Some of the excess may come in very handy, very soon.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why believe anyone other than the player?

At this level of comp being in the game is all that matters. Less than .5% of HS players will go on to play pro ball, about 10% of NCAA athletes will make a pro roster, of that 10% less than half make and stick with an MLB team for three years. http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/probability.htm

This has probably been a life long ambition for Bird. Why would he let it slip away feigning an injury? Ludicrous assumption.
    It is such a ridiculous concept, I can't even believe anyone would think it.

I've always wanted to make a million dollars for doing one jumping jack. I train my whole life to do that jumping jack.
    "Here's a mil. Do that jumping jack"
    "Nah."
    "What's wrong?"
    "I injured myself and can't do it"
    "You're faking"
    "It's one jumping jack. I've been training my whole life. If I could do it, I would."
    "Yeah. Right. You're faking for sure."
    "Why?"
    "I don't know. But you are"

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It is such a ridiculous concept, I can't even believe anyone would think it.

I've always wanted to make a million dollars for doing one jumping jack. I train my whole life to do that jumping jack.
    "Here's a mil. Do that jumping jack"
    "Nah."
    "What's wrong?"
    "I injured myself and can't do it"
    "You're faking"
    "It's one jumping jack. I've been training my whole life. If I could do it, I would."
    "Yeah. Right. You're faking for sure."
    "Why?"
    "I don't know. But you are"
    He probably wants to go back to school and teach PE at a high school in Indiana.

Who seriously would want to make a living playing a game making millions of dollars a year? It sounds like the worst job ever.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-10-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He probably wants to go back to school and teach PE at a high school in Indiana.

Who seriously would want to make a living playing a game making millions of dollars a year? It sounds like the worst job ever.
    You know the more I think on it the more I agree with you. Who wants to play a game, a kids game no less, and get paid to play? Really what self respecting adult male or female would stoop so low? It's an insult to the protestant work ethic as well as the fundamentals ingrained in the constitution! So.... it's not only unconstitutional it's BLASPHEMY as well! Bird is guilty of transgressions against god and country! This is getting worse by the minute! I say tar and feather the heathen!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I'm not a huge Bour fan but would take him if he were cheap. I'm not giving up anything of value for him and prefer Alonso.
    I feel like Bour is the second coming of Chase Headley.

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Except he looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with
    Whereas Headley looks like he could get beat up by a 6 year old

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Lol

#BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post

Bour, Betances and Judge look like they could clear a bar easily.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Page 36 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast