Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOCARES? View Post
    But shouldn't they have found that out, by now?
    No sometimes it takes more invasive procedures to find out whats wrong and doctors don't just open a person up without methodically going through what could be wrong first before operating.

Stop buying into Yankee "insider" garbage. The kid is in obvious pain.

I really can't believe this is even a discussion, asinine.

I like Bird and would like to see him come back. his upside potential is 30 HRs. However, I would trade him, if we could get Our, who almost has that many HRs at the break and is an all-star. Having a Bird in the bush is not worth having an all-star in the Hand.

...and speaking of Hand, I like Brad too.

Here's the deal, the Yankees know that they are not going to trade Frazier (legendary bat speed per Cashman) or Torres, the same way that they knew that they weren't't going to trade Judge. When Judge struggled a bit at the start, Hal said that he fully expects Judge to be his right fielder and he is. The Yankees are also not going to trade pitching prospects , especially not for a position player, so no trade of Sheffield or Adams. Yet, even without trading any of them, the farm system is really deep and there is the fact that we are going to lose some to the Rule V Draft. Therefore, the team should be open for business.

Only the Yankees know which prospects they like that are untraceable. Otherwise, everyone else should be available in the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I like Bird and would like to see him come back. his upside potential is 30 HRs. However, I would trade him, if we could get Our, who almost has that many HRs at the break and is an all-star. Having a Bird in the bush is not worth having an all-star in the Hand.

Here's the deal, the Yankees know that they are not going to trade Frazier (legendary bat speed per Cashman) or Torres, the same way that they knew that they weren't't going to trade Judge. When Judge struggled a bit at the start, Hal said that he fully expects Judge to be his right fielder and he is. The Yankees are also not going to trade pitching prospects , especially not for a position player, so no trade of Sheffield or Adams. Yet, even without trading any of them, the farm system is really deep and there is the fact that we are going to lose some to the Rule V Draft. Therefore, the team should be open for business.

Only the Yankees know which prospects they like that are untraceable. Otherwise, everyone else should be available in the right deal.
    If you want Brad Hand, the Padres are going to ask for a top prospect in return. He's been excellent the last 2 seasons and is still under control for 2 more years. He's also equally effective against RHB and LHB which means he's not a situational LOOGY.

He's not Andrew Miller but the asking price is going to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you want Brad Hand, the Padres are going to ask for a top prospect in return. He's been excellent the last 2 seasons and is still under control for 2 more years. He's also equally effective against RHB and LHB which means he's not a situational LOOGY.

He's not Andrew Miller but the asking price is going to be similar.
    Similar is not equal. He is enough of a notch below to warrant a lesser package.

The Yankees received top outfield prospect Clint Frazier (No. 21 on Baseball America’s midseason Top 100 prospects list) and highly regarded lefthander Justus Sheffield (No. 69) in exchange for Miller, the All-Star reliever signed at a team-friendly price through 2018. Righthanders Ben Heller and J.P. Feyereisen were also included in the package from Cleveland.

So, they can have Heller and Feyereisen and an outfielder that is less than Frazier and a pitcher that is less than Sheffield.

Similar is not equal. He is enough of a notch below to warrant a lesser package.

The Yankees received top outfield prospect Clint Frazier (No. 21 on Baseball America’s midseason Top 100 prospects list) and highly regarded lefthander Justus Sheffield (No. 69) in exchange for Miller, the All-Star reliever signed at a team-friendly price through 2018. Righthanders Ben Heller and J.P. Feyereisen were also included in the package from Cleveland.

So, they can have Heller and Feyereisen and an outfielder that is less than Frazier and a pitcher that is less than Sheffield.
    It doesnt quite work that way. There are factors like player availability (how many really good RP are out there), what other teams are potentially offering, and if the Yankees are willing to be the highest bidder.

Its still going to consist of a top 100 prospect and maybe a higher ceiling prospect that is still in the lower levels. If the Padres won't get it from you guys, there are plenty of other teams in the market for elite LH relievers, especially ones that are 2 years away from FA.

It doesnt quite work that way. There are factors like player availability (how many really good RP are out there), what other teams are potentially offering, and if the Yankees are willing to be the highest bidder.

Its still going to consist of a top 100 prospect and maybe a higher ceiling prospect that is still in the lower levels. If the Padres won't get it from you guys, there are plenty of other teams in the market for elite LH relievers, especially ones that are 2 years away from FA.
    On July 7th Baseball America published its top 100 mid-season list and the Yankees have Estevian Florial at 71. Dustin Fowler is at 89 in spite of his injury. They also published their top 20 Hot List and say that Mateo was just promoted to AA and is really turning it on at #7 on the hot list for July. Padres are looking for a future shortstop. Dilllon Tate and Jorge Guzman are on the Hot List for July at #8 and #11 and Billy McKinney (OF) at #16. Padres are scouting the Yankees farm system this past week, looking at AAA and lower levels.

Florial, Mateo, Tate, Heller and Guzman might just be the best package the Padres will be offered for Hand or they can keep him. He's not worth Torres, Frazier or Adams. If they want Torreyes because they want an immediate shortstop or Wade that could also work.

On July 7th Baseball America published its top 100 mid-season list and the Yankees have Estevian Florial at 71. Dustin Fowler is at 89 in spite of his injury. They also published their top 20 Hot List and say that Mateo was just promoted to AA and is really turning it on at #7 on the hot list for July. Padres are looking for a future shortstop. Dilllon Tate and Jorge Guzman are on the Hot List for July at #8 and #11 and Billy McKinney (OF) at #16. Padres are scouting the Yankees farm system this past week, looking at AAA and lower levels.

Florial, Mateo, Tate, Heller and Guzman might just be the best package the Padres will be offered for Hand or they can keep him. He's not worth Torres, Frazier or Adams. If they want Torreyes because they want an immediate shortstop or Wade that could also work.
    Again it comes down to what teams are willing to offer as well. Market volatility is a thing and it just takes one team to drive up a guy's price. Adams is what the 56th best prospect according to BA? Do you really think its a stretch that the Padres get a prospect of that caliber for an elite LH reliever with 2 years of control? I don't.

I get it. The Yankees may not be the team to pay that price but don't be surprised if there is a team that is. I think that's a fair trade you presented and I dont think it will take 5 guys to make that deal happen. It just may take the highest ceiling guy a team is willing to offer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-10-2017 at 10:50 AM.

The bolded is a concern and cashman has talked about this. We've traded some descent prospects this past year and have lost some quality relievers/players in to the rule V. We have a lot of depth and cannot protect them all. We need trade quantity for quality. Everyone should be available outside of Torres and Frazier. I would hold on to Bird because we'd be selling extremely low. We need to trade for young quality players that are under team control. We're not going to have enough spots on the major league roster to play all of these guys.

We can be buyers and sellers at the deadline. We can flip Gardner for some prospects, if we're out of the playoff race we can even trade Holiday and some of the other veterans. We'll have money to spend the next few off seasons. We shouldn't be worried about trading away prospects.

There will be no huge buying his year. Zip. We may upgrade for the future if possible but Hal won't take on huge $ or make a big splash. No way. Unless someone falls into their lap they aren't emptying the farm. Pads always liked Mateo. Maybe hand but that's about it.

I fear for him getting injured but screw it, play Holliday more often at first and allow a DH rotation with dirty and judge.

Dump any vets you can.

“We have a long-term plan that I think people are seeing the excitement from, and we’re definitely not going to deviate from that,” said Cashman. “…Part of that long-term plan is in the short term — winning now and putting out the best effort possible, but not at the expense of what we feel can lead us to more championships, plural. … If we can find that balancing act and retain the players we desperately need to retain … I think that’s the walk we’re trying to walk.”

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    There should be action!

Trade everyone.

Trade Gardner, Trade Els, Trade Head, Trade Dellin, Trade that other even more horrible relief pitcher, who's name I won't mention, Trade CC, Trade Pineda, Trade Tank

Sell
    Sell
    Sell!!!!!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

That pitcher's name is Tyler, one of 4 Tylers on the roster, the first time that has happened in major league history.

No sometimes it takes more invasive procedures to find out whats wrong and doctors don't just open a person up without methodically going through what could be wrong first before operating.

Stop buying into Yankee "insider" garbage. The kid is in obvious pain.
    Really? The New York Yankees are one of the most powerful organizations in the world and they can't find a doctor, in the last three months, that can't find whether Bird has a broken bone in his ankle? This is 2017. It's not like we're trying to get to mars.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOCARES? View Post
    Really? The New York Yankees are one of the most powerful organizations in the world and they can't find a doctor, in the last three months, that can't find whether Bird has a broken bone in his ankle? This is 2017. It's not like we're trying to get to mars.
    Yes I know this is hard to believe but even with the benefits of modern technology and qualified medical personnel, not everything is easily diagnosed.

http://vesta.cumc.columbia.edu/ortho....php?id=ortho4

Does that look like the resume of a guy who is unqualified in your opinion?

That's exactly it. They've done multiple X-rays and MRIs which suggest no broken bones and that the bone bruise in his ankle has healed, yet he's still experiencing pain. Something else is up.

Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast