Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Get rid of Clippard ( Joes favorite) and shreve ... both should pitch in a beer league...
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    A team friendly deal is all nice and dandy... for most of the league... but the NY Yankees only worry about such things in 2018, when they want to reset the tax rates...

For the Yanks, Performance is all that matters... and he's not doing it at this time.
    Salaries matter to teams, even the Yankees. If the Yankees signed Severino to a team friendly deal tomorrow, it not only means they get his production at a below market rate but it allows them to spend that money elsewhere instead of eventually paying a guy 20+million dollars a year to be a stud SP. It also increases his trade value.

Yes for the Yankees spending money is no big deal but all teams are looking to lock up their younger guys at a cheaper rate, or at least they should be.

The worst part of the bullpen meltdown... trades can't fix it...

If it was middle relief.. fine... trades.. but right now it's the closer (chappy) and the two setup guys (betances and clippard) that are doing the worst... meaning.. it has to be fixed.. it can't be replaced... Chappy has been the best in baseball for the last few years, betances is on the all-star team for a reason.. and clippard has been pretty good over the years as well.. You won't get anyone with their track records in trades... simply because those guys with better records don't really exist for 2 of the 3 and the 3rd, they're not that plentiful..

The rest.. like Shreve and the others.. yeah, you could easily make deals to replace them.. but they are not the melting down guys either... which sucks...

Chappy I can understand... the way maddon used him down the stretch last fall has probably led to his getting hurt.. and he's probably a bit gunshy at the moment about that injury.. Betances... I thought it might be overwork.. and maybe a little... but overall, the Yanks pen has been the least used in baseball until they started the meltdown... so go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Salaries matter to teams, even the Yankees. If the Yankees signed Severino to a team friendly deal tomorrow, it not only means they get his production at a below market rate but it allows them to spend that money elsewhere instead of eventually paying a guy 20+million dollars a year to be a stud SP. It also increases his trade value.

Yes for the Yankees spending money is no big deal but all teams are looking to lock up their younger guys at a cheaper rate, or at least they should be.
    oh, all teams LOVE team friendly deals... but for the Yankees.. results are #1... team friendly deal is merely icing on the cake... there are many teams that see the deal as #1... but the Yanks, it's not a major factor in deals... if you are not getting the results, the deal just don't matter...

And with what the ChiSox are asking for... The deal is not a factor in their thinking... only his results. which this year, are not that good...

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    agree, Cashman should continue with the plan of selling, said it for months now, we now have a taste of what this team can do now lets get more pieces to surround judge, sanchez and company
    Which is why, if you can get a third baseman who is two years away, why not trade Sabathia for him.

Never thought our pen would kill us. Awful.

Let's dump globe head cc Shreve clip and Jake. It's time. Eat some $ and get back young arms.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

The Yankees are a big market team that acted like a big market team. Now, they're a big market team acting like a small market team. This change in philosophy is why their farm system is so loaded. They will still have the advantage of being able to give huge contracts to people when needed. They need to continue with that small market philosophy and lock young talent up to team friendly deals. This will only allow them to get more big time talent when it becomes available and spend in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Which is why, if you can get a third baseman who is two years away, why not trade Sabathia for him.
    If the 3B is any good then you probably aren't getting him for CC.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    because you have andujar and the possibility of machado in 2 years, while CC isnt the pitcher he used to be he provides value to us, not only in a reliable veteran in the back end but he also helps push and develop the young pitchers. Hes a good mentor to have. We should resign him

because you have andujar and the possibility of machado in 2 years, while CC isnt the pitcher he used to be he provides value to us, not only in a reliable veteran in the back end but he also helps push and develop the young pitchers. Hes a good mentor to have. We should resign him
    Again, if we want to keep CC for this year, that's fine. I also believe that he's an innings eater. However, if you want to resign him for next year, that's also fine, whether or not you trade him. The Yankees have proven with Chapman that it's possible to trade a player and resign him. CC might accept that type of trade, since it is the Brewers and he has friends there and he wouldn't even have to sell his home in NJ, since he can be back in October for the offseason. I'm just brainstorming possibilities, if the Yankees decide to trade a couple of veterans.

So how do we get Brad Hand and Justin Bour on the roster. I like both of them.

Assuming we can trade for Bour, what would we give up for him? Would you give up Bird plus Hicks plus?

Assuming Padres lower there demand for Hand, what would be reasonable?

Bour would require minor leaguers, the team is about to sell for the new owner and would want young controllable assets, I dont know if they would go for Hicks, depends if they decide to break their OF core.

as for Hand i wouldnt entertain the price that it would cost to get him, I rather would take a bad contract from a team with a good reliever and send them a lesser prospect

Bour would require minor leaguers, the team is about to sell for the new owner and would want young controllable assets, I dont know if they would go for Hicks, depends if they decide to break their OF core.

as for Hand i wouldnt entertain the price that it would cost to get him, I rather would take a bad contract from a team with a good reliever and send them a lesser prospect
    The Marlins are said to want a boatload of prospects for Bour because of his contract.

Say No!

And say NO to the WhiteSox for Quintana and Robertson. The costs will be painful....Frazier, Rutherford, Adams, Sheffield will be gone! For a friendly contract and not an ace? and a reliever who is makes $13 million this year and next? Of course most of the 17 contract has been paid but not worth trading prospects for, good prospects!

We must think about the big picture here folks, not worring about 2017, if they can get their regulars back and play well then maybe they can make a run with what they have as Cashman could make small deals to shore up the leaky pen a little...But to deal away some of the future for 2 players that are not over the top table setters is ridiculous!

We already are paying Tanaka ace money, let him be the ace and see if Severino and the rest can compliment him.....Send Clippard to Siberia and find a decent replacement....

But say no to a Bour deal

and No to a Quintana and DRob deal....

These deals would wipe us out with regards to the fruitful farm that is now being harvested...
    Nick

I don't think we should go after Boar, he's gonna be way too expensive due to his contract. We should give Choi a chance and see how it goes if the problem still persists go after a lesser target like Alonso or Duda. If we still believe in Bird no need to have anything but a rental, plus I think the Yankees would be smart to keep Holliday in the DH role in the future to keep mentoring the rookies. Brad Hand is interesting but I have a feeling the Padres are going to be asking for a lot considering they inquired about Gleyber already. If the price is not to steep go for it other than that stick to what you have, take Clippard and Shreve out of high leverage roles and go with Cessa, Green, Warren and the backend. IMO we should try to sell off some of the dead weight on this team like Pineda, Gardner and Headley.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    I don't think we should go after Boar, he's gonna be way too expensive due to his contract. We should give Choi a chance and see how it goes if the problem still persists go after a lesser target like Alonso or Duda. If we still believe in Bird no need to have anything but a rental, plus I think the Yankees would be smart to keep Holliday in the DH role in the future to keep mentoring the rookies. Brad Hand is interesting but I have a feeling the Padres are going to be asking for a lot considering they inquired about Gleyber already. If the price is not to steep go for it other than that stick to what you have, take Clippard and Shreve out of high leverage roles and go with Cessa, Green, Warren and the backend. IMO we should try to sell off some of the dead weight on this team like Pineda, Gardner and Headley.

Torres for a reliever? Oh hell no!
    Nick

Page 33 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast