Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Off-season Thread

While I had some free time today. I sat down and thought about many things hockey especially after a great win last night versus the capitals. One thing I thought about is what will we do with Fleury this off-season? Do we roll the dice with him going forward? Especially if he brings us to the cup. Do we trade him which opens up a possible good return plus money saved.

Speaking of money saved we have Kunitz, Dupuis, Streit, the money retained in the Scud trade, and Dailey.

We do have to resign Our RFA's and UFA's. Pending the entry draft, we could be primed to make a huge splash next year once again.

Things I would like to see this offseason:

1)A trade after the entry draft for another star winger (possibly with Avalanche)

2)Trade Letang for a durable #1 defenseman or all-star winger.

3)Resign Hainsey, Schultz, Bonino, Kunitz (if he would take a discount) and Domoulin.

4)Expose/trade Fleury and Hagelin.

5)I do expect Rust or Sheary to be selected in the draft if exposed and/or possibly a defenseman.

If this occurred it would allow us to have a greater balance of veterans and young players which we already have and also a greater cap space with additional star power.

Post here for any off-season moves and what not.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Post here for any off-season moves and what not.
    Thanks for the bump! Fleury wavered his NMC for Vegas.

I am at work and bored, so lets play a little.

Pittsburgh Penguins

ROSTER SIZE 16

CONTRACTS 25

PROJECTED CAP HIT $60,050,833

PROJECTED CAP SPACE $12,949,167

CURRENT CAP SPACE $12,949,167

fw
    Malkin, Evgeni c
    Crosby, Sidney c
    Kessel, Phil rw
    Hornqvist, Patric rw
    Hagelin, Carl lw
    Guentzel, Jake c,lw
    Rust, Bryan rw
    Kuhnhackl, Tom RW
    Wilson, Scott LW
    Rowney, Carter c,rw

D men
    Letang, Kris d
    Määttä, Olli D
    Cole, Ian d

G
    $
    Fleury, Marc-Andre
    Murray, Matt
    Jarry, Tristan

players under contract 17/18

RFA
    Archibald, Josh 3 years 800,000
    Sheary, Conor 3 years 2,500,000
    Sundqvist, Oskar 3 years 950,000

Dumoulin, Brian 4 years 4,000,000
    Schultz, Justin 5 years at 4,500,000
    Pouliot, Derrick 2 years 1,000,000

as stated Fleury waved for draft and has a 12 team no trade clause. This takes cap room to 18,699,167 if we sign all above players to contract next to there name then we have 5,949,167 left in cap room. more to come

if we sign rfas to contracts next to name above.

lines
    Crosby-Guentzel-Hornqvist

Malkin-Rust-Kessel

? Hagelin-Sheary

Rowney/Sundqvist-Wilson-Kuhnhackl

D
    Letang-Dumoulin
    Määttä-Schultz
    Cole-?

I fully expect Kunitz to move on Cullen to retire and MAF to go in ed. That leaves us with two holes to fill and 6 million to do it. We could create more room if we sent Sundqvist to minors and traded Pouliot.

Third line center?

Bonino first choice depending on contract demands. Bolye or hanzal are options.

Fourth line center if Rowney/Sundqvist don't work out nate Thompson or dominic moore .

6 dman depends on price really Mike stone, hainsey, del zotto, braden smithall could work.

I would like to bring in players like rdwheel and others to improve veteran depth at minors.
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 06-13-2017 at 03:00 AM.

t2a2e9j12 I had a similar thought in replacing Bonino if we lose him with a bigger center option for our third line. I would love to see Hanzal come to Pittsburgh and thrive on our third. I have heard rumors of Buffalo talking with Pittsburgh about Bonino's rights also the Avalanche and Daley's rights. I have also heard a lot about us shopping Hagelin this offseason as well. Some are saying we are going after Duchene still this offseason and/or Kane from Buffalo. My dream offseason would be us getting bigger forwards to help compliment our stars and/or improve our Defense.

I believe we should take a run at signing TJ Oshie (he would be a good complimenting 1st liner with Sid. Make a monster deal with Colorado for Landeskog (big and young and also a better attitude than Kane) and Tyson Barrie the trade could be Hagelin, Rust or Sheary, the rights to Daley and Maatta (it will take a lot to get both and I feel Hagelin and Maata are expendable from a coaching and management outlook. I also feel money would be retained for Landeskog to make the deal worth it). Finally I would trade Pouliot, Schultz, and a pick for a top pairing defenseman (I have a feeing we will make a run at Shattenkirk from the Caps, but I feel he is not a good top pairing defenseman maybe Ekman-Larsson from the Coyotes?) so I think we should find someone who can help fill in for Letang if he gets another injury (I have also thought of shopping Letang, and some believe Buffalo and NJ because of their previous ties to Pittsburgh will try to obtain Letang and Bonino this offseason, but I don't feel either team has the pieces to trade for him).

ines
    Crosby-Guentzel-Oshie

Malkin-Landeskog -Kessel

Hanzal -Sheary/rust- Hornqvist

Rowney/Sundqvist-Wilson-Kuhnhackl

Defense:

Letang- (Trade acquisition)
    Barre-Dumoulin
    Cole- (FA)

Sign Franson or Kulikov to join Cole
    I also would like to bring back Jagr if he is available to be a lower level scoring option and to have one more chance to win the cup with the Pens before he retires.

Shattenkirk no way showed in playoffs not great on defense great offensive guy also rumored to want 7 million plus a year. that's 14 million plus on two d men with letang.

Landeskog would depend on cost in assets not a big on Barrie.

Daley and Bonino rights would be had quite cheaply if they demand to much of a contract.

Ekman-Larsson HELL YA love him but cost would be very high.

I don't see anyone offering what Letang is worth to us to much of a health risk. Better to stick it out pray he can stay healthy.

I have this hope inside me that Schultz realizes how good he has it here and how perfect he fits are system and signs long term at a great yearly average.

You are right Pouliot, Hagelin, and Maatta all could be dealt. THe right deal would have to come along for Maatta.

Archibald is almost the same player Hagelin is size wise, speed, and overall ability. Archibald is a little slower not much he also might have a little better offensive ability. he is also 3 million cheaper.

would not deal either Rust or Sheary except for a massive overpayment.

Markus Grandlund posted 19 goals and 32 points while playing on the Canucks 3rd line. Not only is he a centreman he can be put into a top 6 role under emergency situations if needed. Skill wise is kinda there. had Would have easily scored more then 20 if he didn't get injured. At the of age 24 and his salary is 900 k. he could be Perfect replacement for your Bonino.

CALLE JÄRNKROK is an option also if Preds protect 4 and 4 in Draft he could be odd man out his scouting report.

A very skilled center that will get the job done on the wing as well. Järnkrok's main asset is his outstanding hockey sense, which allows him to be the great playmaker that he is. Overall a very smart player with good positioning in all zones. Also quite shifty with soft hands and impressive puckhandling skills. Not a physical player, but plays pretty well through heavy traffic although in need of gaining strength and muscles. Good character. Often used as pointman on the man advantage, but can still improve his release. Is a good skater, but there is still some room for improvement in that department.

I would love to steal Bo Horvat from the canucks say are first and pouliot. That is unllkely.

Don't forget about Daniel Sprong. If he impresses in camp he could open with the team again.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

I also don't want to move on from Hagelin. He broke his fibula in March and reports say it never fully healed. He's a good 2 way player when healthy and his speed fits perfectly into our system.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Daniel Sprong not counting him at moment don't want him in bottom six if he makes top six ok rather start at wbs. I love hagelin but if we can get same production for 3 million less

Jason Mackey
    ✔ ‎@JMackeyPG

Matt Cullen today on playing another year: "I can’t imagine playing anywhere but here."

3:43 PM - 15 Jun 2017

50 50 Retweets

218 218 likes

Elliotte Friedman
    ✔ ‎@FriedgeHNIC

ANA has put Simon Despres on waivers to be bought out

concussion really derailed his career

Agreed that for 4 Million Hags isn't worth it. I feel as though our bottom 6 can all be younger players. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite players. I just believe we can use that money elsewhere
    Last edited by mrbowflex1223; 06-16-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Pens Inside Scoop ✔ @PensInsideScoop
    Rutherford told free agents to check with what's on the market and if they want to come back to Pitt, then they'll talk -SK
    1:20 PM - 15 Jun 2017
    55 55 Retweets 292 292 likes

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201706140143
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 06-17-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Follow
    Rutherford said #Pens may add a player or 2 to protect the lineup and dissuade cheap shots -SK
    1:23 PM - 15 Jun 2017
    98 98 Retweets 424 424 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Follow
    Karmanos is named #Pens assistant GM. Recchi is now director of player development -SK
    1:13 PM - 15 Jun 2017
    80 80 Retweets 432 432 likes

Follow
    CapFriendly @CapFriendly
    #Pens have signed G Filip Gustavsson
    2016 2nd RD pick (55th overall)

3 yr Entry Level contract
    $775,833 Cap Hit
    * includes Signing Bonuses
    9:52 AM - 16 Jun 2017
    53 53 Retweets 64 64 likes

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast