Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Thanks clown. Trip was super. Cape is always beautiful and so relaxing. Ran into a few big blues and then a mackerel run. No stripers to be seen inshore in the surf, unfortunately way too many seals. Fishing is dying a slow torturous death on the Cape. The outer Cape is down to just two bait and tackle shops!! Nelson's an institution in P-town for decades closed for good in 2015! Once the surf fishing capital in the US (along with Montauk LI) is now a mere shadow of it's former self.

I think much of the shops closing is because people buy online. The water is super warm still, so I'm shocked about the Stripers. Rockaway was sick in the spring and expected to be as good in the fall.
    I don't think fishing is dying but the hot spots are changing for sure. The tricky thing is that when the seals, dolphins and Whales are around, it means the water and ocean are healthier. So while it's a bad thing for us, it's a good thing long term. (Except for the temp change)

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think much of the shops closing is because people buy online. The water is super warm still, so I'm shocked about the Stripers. Rockaway was sick in the spring and expected to be as good in the fall.
    I don't think fishing is dying but the hot spots are changing for sure. The tricky thing is that when the seals, dolphins and Whales are around, it means the water and ocean are healthier. So while it's a bad thing for us, it's a good thing long term. (Except for the temp change)
    Can't buy bait online! lol

The eco system on the Cape has always been good and protected. Large part of the outer Cape is National Seashore. The problem as I see it, and many locals agree, about 10-15 years ago approx 30-50K (they aren't sure of the exact number) grey seals came down from Canada and took up permanent residence on the outer Cape. The seals attracted the great whites and eat anything they can get their snouts on. Any fish worth catching went offshore to deep waters. The whites can be seen regularly on aerial photos in pods of 5 or more all along the coast on the ocean side.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Can't buy bait online! lol

The eco system on the Cape has always been good and protected. Large part of the outer Cape is National Seashore. The problem as I see it, and many locals agree, about 10-15 years ago approx 30-50K (they aren't sure of the exact number) grey seals came down from Canada and took up permanent residence on the outer Cape. The seals attracted the great whites and eat anything they can get their snouts on. Any fish worth catching went offshore to deep waters. The whites can be seen regularly on aerial photos in pods of 5 or more all along the coast on the ocean side.
    This confuses me. Whites don't hunt in pods. Most often it's people seeing Dolphins and mistaking it for whites. Great whites are solo.

Racists!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This confuses me. Whites don't hunt in pods. Most often it's people seeing Dolphins and mistaking it for whites. Great whites are solo.
    Absolutely true. They are solitary hunters. However, aerial photos clearly show groups along the coast, sometimes 4-5.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Absolutely true. They are solitary hunters. However, aerial photos clearly show groups along the coast, sometimes 4-5.
    Could also be dolphins or other sharks. Some sharks hunt in groups But most likely it's dolphins. That stuff has been happening in rockaway. people freak out but it's just dolphins.

Interesting Judge facts. Racist white dolphins.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Could also be dolphins or other sharks. Some sharks hunt in groups But most likely it's dolphins. That stuff has been happening in rockaway. people freak out but it's just dolphins.
    See: http://abcnews.go.com/US/growing-con...ry?id=48324664

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...sing-cape-cod/

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/09/cape-fear

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/28...k-on-seal.html

That New Yorker read is nuts! Thanks doc.

That New Yorker read is nuts! Thanks doc.
    One more: http://www.capecodtimes.com/news/201...ng-cape-waters

With his 39th home run, Aaron Judge has now hit the second-most homers by a rookie in the history of baseball.

Mark McGwire set the major-league record for home runs by a rookie when he belted 49 for the Oakland Athletics.

Judge will need a super Sept. to get close.

List of Yankees who reached 40 HR in their age-25 seasons or younger:

Ruth
    Gehrig
    DiMaggio
    Mantle
    Judge

Judge is in some very fine company.

List of Yankees who reached 40 HR in their age-25 seasons or younger:

Ruth
    Gehrig
    DiMaggio
    Mantle
    Judge

Judge is in some very fine company.
    gary would have joined judge this year if he did not miss a month due to a injury..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    gary would have joined judge this year if he did not miss a month due to a injury..
    No question. Nice to know we have two young, home grown sluggers for years to come. (hopefully many years)

Who knows.....if Bird ever gets it's together we may have the basis for a new version of murders row!

Judge holds the Rookie record for walks with 107.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast