Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's like a lot of idiot Yankee fans that said Cashman would have drafted Trout had they not lost their first round pick in 09' when they signed Teixeria.
    Not only Yankee fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW Astros and Indians payroll went up 26-28 million from 16 to 17.

That's like a lot of idiot Yankee fans that said Cashman would have drafted Trout had they not lost their first round pick in 09' when they signed Teixeria.
    Why couldnít they have?
    He grew up in South Jersey roughly 30 minutes south of their AA affiliate. Unless Cashman at that time wasnít interested drafting HS bats like the Mets were under the Minaya regime.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why couldnít they have?
    He grew up in South Jersey roughly 30 minutes south of their AA affiliate. Unless Cashman at that time wasnít interested drafting HS bats like the Mets were under the Minaya regime.
    Its revisionist history. The guy they were going to draft happens to be the best player in baseball? How convenient. The truth is there could have been a lot of guys they took with that pick if they had kept it. I understand the Mets had the 24th pick that year if they hadn't signed K-Rod but you dont hear us malign the day that it happened because we don't spend time with a narrative (of having Mike Trout) that is probably not true.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-11-2017 at 03:20 AM.

I was never in favor of signing K-Rod, but then again I am not a fan of signing anyone that costs us a pick.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:31975518
    I was never in favor of signing K-Rod, but then again I am not a fan of signing anyone that costs us a pick.
    Anyone? Like, even a 3rd rounder? Seems a little nuts to say that. So... Never sign a really good free agent ever. Like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Anyone? Like, even a 3rd rounder? Seems a little nuts to say that. So... Never sign a really good free agent ever. Like, ever.
    Yeah, their is some guys that are worth it and some hat are not.

K-Rod was a good signing at the time given the fact that they needed pen help and him and Putz looked to be a real good back end combo, as it turned out it was ****ing awful.

K-Rod could have been a lot worse. His 2010 season is pretty much what you'd expect from him on average.

Putz was a disaster but that's what you get when you pitch somebody hurt.

Yeah didn't Putz go on to do really well elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    They would have to be a game changer.
    Cuddyer isnít one imo, maybe yours but not mine.

The Yankees were going to draft Mike Trout. Had they not signed up Mark Teixeira.. Metswon69 couldn't be more wrong!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    The Yankees were going to draft Mike Trout. Had they not signed up Mark Teixeira.. Metswon69 couldn't be more wrong!
    How do you know that? Newspaper rumors? You can't say that with any assurance.

Damon Oppeneheimer didn't say any of this until 2014 when Trout was already the best player in baseball. Of course he would say they were ready to draft that type of talent.

Wake me up when you start working for the NY Yankees and can confirm any of that.

Damon Oppeneheimer didn't say any of this until 2014 when Trout was already the best player in baseball. Of course he would say they were ready to draft that type of talent.

Wake me up when you start working for the NY Yankees and can confirm any of that.

Because the Yankees weren't afraid to draft HS hitters.
    Can I say that they would have with 100% certainty, of course not. But they probably would have drafted him before the Mets would have given the chance.

It worked out well for them regardless. They won the 2009 World Series with Mark Teixeira at 1st Base and Mike Trout has yet to win a World Series. I'll take the rings over the player any day of the week.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast