Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Fire Sandy Alderson, Kevin Long, Dan Warthen, Ray Ramirez, and Terry Collins Thread

Here's a guy who didn't do anything to improve last years team, he simply brought back the cast of characters who made it to a cheap 1 game playoff and lost.

He keeps Terry Collins as our manager (he also needs to go) and Terry has no idea how to manage the Bullpen. It's bad enough the bullpen Alderson provided for Collins is below average at best.

And then there's the injuries to all our starters.

This team needs a complete overhaul. It has the core talent to be very good with young guns on the way.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

And Jay Horowitz too. Out! Out with them all!
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Tear down Jackie Robinson rotunda.

Add more Mets memorabilia
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 09-21-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Last edited by metswon69; 05-02-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    rotflmao!!!!!!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Lol
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Fire Sandy Alderson, Kevin Long, Dan Warthen, Ray Ramirez, and Terry Collins Thread

Are they all fired yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Are they all fired yet?
    They should be
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Here's a guy who didn't do anything to improve last years team, he simply brought back the cast of characters who made it to a cheap 1 game playoff and lost.

He keeps Terry Collins as our manager (he also needs to go) and Terry has no idea how to manage the Bullpen. It's bad enough the bullpen Alderson provided for Collins is below average at best.

And then there's the injuries to all our starters.

This team needs a complete overhaul. It has the core talent to be very good with young guns on the way.
    Unless Collins allow his closer to show him up at the mound after blowing another save and then still pitches him into September, I don't think it's all that bad. Once a manager loses the respect of the team by allowing any disgruntled player makes him looks like a fool...it's all over

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

I'm not against firing Terry Collins. His in-game decisions has cost us important games.

Why wasn't Largares starting in Center Field in game 1 of the 2015 World Series?

Why did he make the worst pitching moves during that series?

Why has he NOT learned from those horrible choices?

Now I'm not the biggest Sandy Alderson fan, but I don't want to get away from the Mets having an analytics approach. IF we were to fire Sandy, I only want him replaced by a legit analytics guy, not an "old-school baseball" GM. The big mistakes Sandy has made is over-valuing the walk and home run, and depending TOO MUCH on hard throwing starting pitchers. Theo Epstein recently made a point about how he doesn't trust the reliability of putting all your eggs into the basket of hard throwing young starting pitchers. I'm starting to agree with him.

The 2015 Kansas City Royals beat us badly with a mediocre starting pitching staff. The 1998 Yankees was the best team baseball has ever seen in the last 30 years, and their starting pitching staff was nothing incredibly special.

Hitting is much more important these days. Pitchers can no longer stay healthy anymore and only pitch into the 6th or 7th inning anyways.

I'm also sick of the walk is just as good as a hit approach. A walk doesn't get a runner to score from second base or allow a runner to go first to third.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Hitting is much more important these days. Pitchers can no longer stay healthy anymore and only pitch into the 6th or 7th inning anyways.

I'm also sick of the walk is just as good as a hit approach. A walk doesn't get a runner to score from second base or allow a runner to go first to third.
    They scored 9 runs today, hitting isn't their problem. Their starting staff have sucked balls.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They scored 9 runs today, hitting isn't their problem. Their starting staff have sucked balls.
    Hitting was their problem last year, and it started to be a problem in the beginning of the season. This implies that Sandy depended too much on the starting pitching (putting all his eggs in one basket) and since it's easier to predict walks and home runs (and since home runs are overlooked today), we went with a walks and home run approach because he probably took for granted that our starting pitching would keep us in any game. Now that ALL our pitchers are getting whacked around easily, the entire base of Sandy's philosophy crumbles.

This is why Theo Epstein said that he is not a fan of putting all your eggs in the basket of starting pitching. Again, the 2015 Kansas City Royals showed baseball that you can win with an average starting pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Hitting was their problem last year, and it started to be a problem in the beginning of the season. This implies that Sandy depended too much on the starting pitching (putting all his eggs in one basket) and since it's easier to predict walks and home runs (and since home runs are overlooked today), we went with a walks and home run approach because he probably took for granted that our starting pitching would keep us in any game. Now that ALL our pitchers are getting whacked around easily, the entire base of Sandy's philosophy crumbles.

This is why Theo Epstein said that he is not a fan of putting all your eggs in the basket of starting pitching. Again, the 2015 Kansas City Royals showed baseball that you can win with an average starting pitching staff.
    Not at all, they were middle of the road, and had Conforto on the bench.

Right now, with Conforto and Rivera this team is scoring runs.

Their starting pitching is supposed to be their strength, it is now their biggest liability. If their starting pitching is just average they would be a few games over .500, think about that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast